Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Russell Wilson the Next Legendary Quarterback?

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar

Is Russell Wilson the Next Legendary Quarterback?

After his fourth interception, Wilson easily could have put a Gatorade towel over his head and called it a day, but Russell believed in himself and his team and went out there and competed and won a ball game. So many times players see the score board and stop believing they can win, they don't necessarily give up. They still try hard but their will is broken, not Russell Wilson. His turn around, his fortitude remind me of the legends of Joe Montana, John Elway, Brett Favre, and Terry Bradshaw.

HE's ok, but not black enough

Blog Entries
    He's money. I don't see him getting to that status in the minds of anyone but Wilson homers unless he has the luxury of playing with the league's elite defense for most of his career.

As long as the Seattle defense stays healthy and they remain as lucky as they have, sure.

I hope they sign Wilson to a huge contract. The Packers showed what you have to do defensively to beat the Seahawks, but they took the foot off the gas.

Not too many QB's get the luxury of turning the ball over 4 times and having a chance to win the game. It will be interesting to see what happens in the next 2-3 years. Their coaches and scouting dept will start getting poached by other teams, players may not have same drive, Wilson will get a huge extension, Lynch may be gone. They need to put better playmakers around him to offset any decline in the D.
    Go PACK

So if the Packers build a great defense they don't need Aaron Rodgers?

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    So if the Packers build a great defense they don't need Aaron Rodgers?
    Depends what the alternative would be. To me Wilson is top 10 but a step below the very best
    Go PACK

Fuck statistics. If statistics were important then Tony Romo would be a top 5 qb in the league, but he is not because he doesn't win big football games. He also doesn't have the greatest defense, but no one is making excuses around here for Tony Romo.

The question was, is Russell Wilson becoming a legend? Not a statistical top 5 quarterback. Manning might go down as one of the greatest to ever play the game, but legend? Winning big football games was something the eluded Manning.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    Fuck statistics. If statistics were important then Tony Romo would be a top 5 qb in the league, but he is not because he doesn't win big football games. He also doesn't have the greatest defense, but no one is making excuses around here for Tony Romo.

The question was, is Russell Wilson becoming a legend? Not a statistical top 5 quarterback. Manning might go down as one of the greatest to ever play the game, but legend? Winning big football games was something the eluded Manning.
    Winning 2 SB's alone would make him a "legend". Would it make him "legendary", as in one of the best QB's ever? At this time, my answer is no. This debate is much too "First Take" for me though
    Go PACK

I guess we can just go back to talking about the collapse if this is too First Take for you

My point is it depends how you define legendary, or elite, or whatever talking point term you want to use. I tried to define it as best I could..legendary because he will have won 2 SB, but not one of the best QB's ever.
    Go PACK

See - Manning, Eli.

I don't mean to discredit Wilson, he is very good but he has received a level of support unmatched by 99% of QB's. Full disclosure: I hate ESPN's QBR stat they made up...

Wilson improved to 12-7 (.632) in qualifying starts (minimum 15 action plays) when the opposing quarterback finished with a higher Total QBR score. The other 38 quarterbacks with at least 20 total starts over the past five years have combined to go 163-768 (.175) in such games, with none of them faring better than Tom Brady (11-20, .355). Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning have combined to go 2-32 in those games, showing just how quarterback-driven their teams have been over the past five seasons.
    Go PACK

He will be if teams like the Packers keep pulling that shit.

On another note...was it obvious that Clay was going cheap shot on Wilson?
    C.H.U.D.

I think Clay was happy to put a block on Wilson, but Wilson got hit and in football collisions happen

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    This is odd timing for this thread considering how Wilson was basically Tim Tebow last night.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is odd timing for this thread considering how Wilson was basically Tim Tebow last night.
    Wow, I agree, the dude had like one or two good throws all night and he is now ranked in the top 5 QBs? I don't see it.

Nutz just being Nutz.....rubbing peoples face in it. Just like Bretsky DAYUM! LORD HAVE WILSON!
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    My point is it depends how you define legendary, or elite, or whatever talking point term you want to use. I tried to define it as best I could..legendary because he will have won 2 SB, but not one of the best QB's ever.
    Trent Dilfer won a SB with an elite defense.

Yesterday was the first game in Wilson's career where the Seahawks did not have a lead at some point in the game (excluding OT).

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Trent Dilfer won a SB with an elite defense.

Yesterday was the first game in Wilson's career where the Seahawks did not have a lead at some point in the game (excluding OT).
    For your memory bank:

The Seahawks took the lead late in the 4th Qtr.

The Packers later FG put the game into OT.

From NFL.Com:

TD M.Lynch 24 yd. run (R.Wilson-L.Willson 2 Point conversion pass) (4-50, 0:44)

Seattle 22 - Green Bay 19

GB FG M.Crosby 48 yd. Field Goal (7-48, 1:11)

Seattle 22 - Green Bay 22.

O.T.

TD J.Kearse 35 yd. pass from R.Wilson (6-87, 3:19) (6-87, 3:19)

Final Score Seattle 28 - Green bay 22.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau