Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Russell Wilson the Next Legendary Quarterback?

It's almost like cover 0 in OT is a bad idea.

Not always, I believe this was cover 0

Go PACK

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I actually liked wilson but after him suggesting divine intervention I believe he is just another lying kneegrow. I never trust anyone who brings up God with business.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Not always, I believe this was cover 0

I thought it was Cover 1. Sharper came up to the line but I thought the other Safety was back. Can't tell by the video. Glad Al returned it instead of sliding. (Cheap shot, I know).

I remember reading an article about the Harris interception. Packers had noticed on film that on 3rd and short, if the defense brought a safety up to the line, Hasselbeck would audible out of the run and throw the quick out pass. So when he started changing the play, Al knew what was coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    HE's ok, but not black enough
    BOOM
    Brandon Marshall, MAN...!!
    Jimmie Johnson: Nascar's G.O.A.T......

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    They still try hard but their will is broken, not Russell Wilson. His turn around, his fortitude remind me of the legends of Joe Montana, John Elway, Brett Favre, and Terry Bradshaw.

Yeah, my barber calls Wilson the Black Lord Favre!! Reminds me of how Darrell Bevell and Percy Harvin stated that RW presents with similar idiosyncrasies in the huddle as Lord himself, "have short memory..."

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    I actually liked wilson but after him suggesting divine intervention I believe he is just another lying kneegrow. I never trust anyone who brings up God with business.

hahahahahahah

Don't say liar though Mad; could simply be him being misguided that God really cares about outcome of sporting events...VERY common unfortunately

Blog Entries
    True, he may believe that shit. Which then would make him a crazy kneegrow, much more dangerous!!

lol

Russell Wilson is an improvement over the Tebow model. But still limited. Throws to contested WR were not accurate until two at the end. He routinely was baited into throwing late in the middle of the field where safeties were picking him off.

Before the game, everyone said the Pack would win 3 out of 10 games played.

After this game, the Seahawks would be lucky to win 3 out of 10 against the Packers. I have been saying this since the Fail Mary game but now we know its true.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

No...Wilson will not be legendary.

He threw 4 INTs yesterday. The Seahawks aren't about to get any better on offense either. Their cap situation is going to quickly go south in the next 2 years and they will lose a lot of talent.

Wilson is a good QB...he's not a legendary QB who can win you games with his arm alone.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Blog Entries
    How come everyone talk shit about Dilfer winning the SB on the strength of the Ravens defense but Wilson is somehow one of the greatest? If I recall the Ravens playoff run Dilfer made a lot of big throws versus some good defenses when he had to. It is what several supposed experts criticized him for. Going so far as to use him as the example of a game manager. I am positive he didn't have any games as shitty as wilson did yesterday.

One completion in the first half. Legendarily shitty.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    How come everyone talk shit about Dilfer winning the SB on the strength of the Ravens defense but Wilson is somehow one of the greatest? If I recall the Ravens playoff run Dilfer made a lot of big throws versus some good defenses when he had to. It is what several supposed experts criticized him for. Going so far as to use him as the example of a game manager. I am positive he didn't have any games as shitty as wilson did yesterday.

I'm too lazy to peal out the stats, but I don't think Dilfer's season stats would be anywhere close to Wilson's. Dilfer's didn't not lead many scoring drives at all. They played field position and it was his job not to screw up too bad cause the Ravens seemed to hardly ever give up much over 10 points.

And I'm not anointing Wilson as anything yet. He's a top 10 QB who was a great Badger QB and normally clutches up.

But he's not elite. He is the best value in the NFL and Seattle will start losing players...finally....next year when they have to pay him 20MIL instead of 500,000 per year.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    And I'm not anointing Wilson as anything yet. He's a top 10 QB who was a great Badger QB and normally clutches up.
    Badger homer talk. I know on one of their playoff games Dilfer had big throws to Shannon Sharpe when the D didn't hold. Let me look up the stats before you go buy a Wilson jersey, you fuck!!

Some of those INTs he threw looked nearly blind.

I'll reserve judgment until he's got to carry the team through whole stretches of season.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I'm too lazy to peal out the stats, but I don't think Dilfer's season stats would be anywhere close to Wilson's. Dilfer's didn't not lead many scoring drives at all. They played field position and it was his job not to screw up too bad cause the Ravens seemed to hardly ever give up much over 10 points.

But he's not elite. He is the best value in the NFL and Seattle will start losing players...finally....next year when they have to pay him 20MIL instead of 500,000 per year.
    Dilfer wasn't even the Ravens top passer in 2000 - he came in late in relief of Banks, who was truly awful.

Dilfer was kinda blah as a QB, and sure, he was exposed when the defense played worse. Elvis Grbac wasn't much of an improvement however.

Time will tell with Wilson, but as horrible as he was for 55 minutes, he tore it up to finish. He looks real purty when he cries, too.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Wilson has played fantastic when he has had to. I think he will be a very fine QB for lots of years. That said, he has lead a charmed life in the NFL so far:

- What young QB wouldn't love the luxury of a defense some are now claiming to be worthy of "all time" mention?
    - What young QB wouldn't love the luxury of having a Marshawn Lynch to hand off to?
    - What young QB wouldn't love to face defenses that have to be geared to stop the run firs?
    - What young QB has the good fortune to fumble 13 times in a season and not lose a single one of them?
    - What young QB has the good fortune to throw 4 interceptions as part of 5 turnovers in a playoff game, but be down by just 12?

Sometimes you are fortunate in the situations you are put in.
    Last edited by Patler; 01-20-2015 at 01:47 PM.

Scott Kacsmar ‏@FO_ScottKacsmar 2m2 minutes ago
    Best starting field position in playoff career
    Russell Wilson - 33.91

Worst starting field position in playoff career
    Andrew Luck - 24.03
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Russell Wilson is now sitting on a 6-1 record as his teams QB in playoff games. Does that impress you?

In comparison Aaron Rodgers is 6-5 in the playoffs. Are you impressed now?

6-1 translates to a 0.857 Winning percentage.

Question:

For NFL QB with at least 3 wins in the playoffs. How many have a higher winning percentage?

Correct Answer:

One and his Record was 9-1 and his name is Bart Starr.

Yes Russell Wilson is well on his way to being accorded Legendary status.

He's proving to be an excellent leader and a winner.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-20-2015 at 07:10 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau