Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Is Russell Wilson the Next Legendary Quarterback?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    After throwing 4 INTs in our game and choking in the final moments of the SB tonight I think any talk of him being elite should be silenced for a while.
    Hopefully not long enough for them to pay him a bunch.

I like Wilson ok but it's not clear he can do enough if the defense struggles.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Wilson is a very good QB.

Whether or not he is legendary can't be determined while his team has a legendary defense. The true test will come down the road. This postseason would suggest he still has a ways to go...but I wouldn't count him out.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Wilson is a very good QB.

Whether or not he is legendary can't be determined while his team has a legendary defense. The true test will come down the road. This postseason would suggest he still has a ways to go...but I wouldn't count him out.
    Russell Wilson managed to QB his defending Super Bowl Championship team back to the show again.

He was one questionable call and proper execution away from becoming the youngest two time winner of the Super Bowl.

The man that defeated him tonight Tom Brady is certainly in the conversation as the greatest NFL QB All Time. It's not a disgrace to lose to Tom Brady and a Bill Belichick coached team in the Super Bowl.

Russell Wilson is a very solid leader and QB who manages to rise to meet by far most of the adversity he faces.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Russell Wilson managed to QB his defending Super Bowl Championship team back to the show again.

He was one questionable call and proper execution away from becoming the youngest two time winner of the Super Bowl.

The man that defeated him tonight Tom Brady is certainly in the conversation as the greatest NFL QB All Time. It's not a disgrace to lose to Tom Brady and a Bill Belichick coached team in the Super Bowl.

Russell Wilson is a very solid leader and QB who manages to rise to meet by far most of the adversity he faces.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    When you post that .... 'YOU' flush yourself down the toilet mraynrand.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

When you post that .... 'YOU' flush yourself down the toilet mraynrand.
    I've had my Russell Wilson moments to be sure, where I've cocked up golden opportunities...

This was a pretty bad one for Wilson. After playing like garbage again for almost a whole half, saved by two INTs by the defense, a no-name WR who knows how to push off and leap for the ball, and a totally lucky catch to get into scoring position, to throw that awful pass has to be crushing. I'm sure he'll recover, especially after he re-negotiates and becomes the NFL's highest paid player...
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I've had my Russell Wilson moments to be sure, where I've cocked up golden opportunities...

This was a pretty bad one for Wilson. After playing like garbage again for almost a whole half, saved by two INTs by the defense, a no-name WR who knows how to push off and leap for the ball, and a totally lucky catch to get into scoring position, to throw that awful pass has to be crushing. I'm sure he'll recover, especially after he re-negotiates and becomes the NFL's highest paid player...
    And he wasn't very good 2 weeks ago for the majority of that game either. Seattle's offense runs thru Lynch and not Wilson. He's a nice young QB who is fearless and can kill you with his feet but he isn't elite. Only a handful today are: Brady, AR, Brees, Manning if he returns and perhaps Luck. Wilson is most definately a top 10 QB, however.

Did you even watch that game mraynrand? How many times did he complete a pass for a TD in the Red Zone?

If you recorded it maybe? take a second look. Russell Wilson doesn't deserve your criticism.

Time and again in that game he demonstrated that he could rebound. He played very well overall.

Recover from what?

Helping to get his team to two straight Super Bowls. Who were the last Green Bay Packer QB's to match that?

Comment woodbuck27:

This is a classy and intelligent young man.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ade-the-throw/

Russell Wilson: Blame me, I made the throw

Posted by Josh Alper on February 2, 2015, 7:17 AM EST

" ...a flood of questions for coach Pete Carroll and offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell about who decided to throw the ball rather than hand it to Marshawn Lynch. Both men took responsibility for it, but Wilson wasn’t willing to put blame for what happened at the feet of the coaches.

Wilson credited Patriots cornerback Malcolm Butler for making a good play and said the he didn’t question the play call while also pointing the finger at himself for the way things played out.

“I put the blame on me — I’m the one who threw it,” Wilson said. “It’s something you learn from, it’s something you grow from. ..."

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Sometimes GOD disappoints me:

He forgot to PS:

"GOD Bless 'the Green Bay Packers' in 2015-16."

Recover from what?
    losing the game

losing the game
    Russell Wilson will learn and recover from that loss yesterday.

Today Vegas seems to agree with my prediction:

Google....Vegas favourite to win Super Bowl 50?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Russell Wilson will learn and recover from that loss yesterday.

Today Vegas seems to agree with my prediction:

Google....Vegas favourite to win Super Bowl 50?
    But the Packers at 7-1 Vegas odds shows that ARod and MM won't be able to learn and recover from the loss two weeks ago.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

"I wish I could have lived to see Russell Wilson play better."

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    But the Packers at 7-1 Vegas odds shows that ARod and MM won't be able to learn and recover from the loss two weeks ago.
    Did you and mrynrand both attend the same school of sarcasm?

If you did I hope it didn't cost you much.

Yep, those were some big time difficult throws he made for scores. To a wide open Baldwin (after Revis got picked by the ump) and a wide open Matthews (after he was given a 5 yard cushion). So tough.

He only completed 12 passes (granted he didn't make many attempts) but the 20 yard average should basically tell you that he just pitches it up there hoping his guy comes down with it or no one does.

Almost Flacco-esque when you think about it.

Frankly he's lucky he wasn't picked on the flukey Kearse catch. The ball was underthrown and he easily could have been the goat instead of Bevell/Carroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    My wife works for Alaska Airlines, and came home from Seattle last week with a bunch of Seahag/Wilson swag....Wilson is a spokesman for the Airline. Needless to say I shit-canned the lot of it.
    Can she hook us up with some discounted tix when Alaska starts the SEA-MKE flight in July???
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

Peyton Manning voice:

"Nationwide, my child just died....."
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png