Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Patriot Scandal??

Another Patriot Scandal??

Go PACK

Rodgers said he asks the equipment guys to over-inflate them to make them harder to handle. Seems to work at home.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    This is very strange. I thought it was Stubby who had the sagging balls.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

there might be some meat to this story after all

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...with-patriots/

Belicheat is finding himself in a very hairy situation

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-patriots-nfl/
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

At this point it is a matter of when and who will the league slam because of this. They won't do anything before the SB, but in light of bounty-gate a 1 year suspension would not be surprising for those involved. If it goes all the way up to Belicheat the Pats should lose multiple draft choices (#1, #2, and #3, or #1 this year and next) as well as the suspension.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Rodgers said he asks the equipment guys to over-inflate them to make them harder to handle. Seems to work at home.
    He said only about half the QBs prefer a softer ball.
    I saw Joe Theisman on TV, for what it's worth, he did a test this morning and couldn't tell the difference. Of course Joe has no feeling in any of his extremities.

It seems like a pretty silly scandal, I don't mind if it is true.

The scandal itself is silly, but it raises questions as to what else the Patriots are up to. Everyone in the world knew the Patriots would go heavy with the run game with Blount after Jonas Gray destroyed the Colts in Indy. The question is, why even bother with the footballs then? I hope the Patriots get nailed.
    Go PACK

Now the league is saying the officials checked the balls before the game and they were fine, meaning the Patriots took the air out after the refs inspected them.
    Go PACK

http://espn.go.com/boston/story/_/id...mpionship-game

11 of 12 Pats footballs underinflated

Updated: January 21, 2015, 2:19 PM ET
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Yup underinflated footballs are exactly why the Pats blew away the Dolts, stupid fucking story and a non-issue. Next the Packers will be whining that the Seahawk fans get voice lessons, which unfairly helps them cheer louder.

I missed the section in the rulebook where it says cheating is allowed as long as you win by 30+ points.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    The scandal itself is silly, but it raises questions as to what else the Patriots are up to.
    flubber?

Senior Rat Veteran TravisWilliams23's Avatar
    Apparently someone on the Patriots sideline deflated the balls after the officials checked them out. NE was the superior team that day and nothing the Colts did was going to stop them so the question is who did it and why. Could have been some schmuck who overheard players saying how a low inflated ball is easier to throw or catch but it was done and it will be interesting to see who has to fall on the sword to keep this away from the head coach. By the way, I think MM had his balls deflated at half time vs the Seahawks and we know how that turned out.

Brady was paying off the ball boys.
    C.H.U.D.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    To claim some kind of moral high ground over a game that grown men get paid more than most of us will earn in a lifetime is fucking stupid. All I can say is I wish M3 wanted to win that bad.

Thread deflated.

The NFL gets more and more like NASCAR every year.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

What is an appropriate penalty for deflating balls in the championship game? Fine? Draft picks?

The only possible punishment for this is castration.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    I missed the section in the rulebook where it says cheating is allowed as long as you win by 30+ points.
    No offense but as mentioned previously Rodgers ADMITTED they over-inflate the balls......should the Packers get the same penalty as anything the Pats get?

This is really minor, the only concerning thing is these dudes seem to have a pattern of bending the rules and getting busted.

Blog Entries
    I wish we deflated the dam balls and won; this is much about nothing

Maybe if the balls were deflated Bostick would not have tried catching a ball with his helmet

I wish we had Hoody Genius the last five minutes; we'd be in the SB after he buried Seattle with some first downs...regardless of the deflation of the balls
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    flubber?

LOL. "Nothing to see here, folks. Just a normal game. Nothing suspicious at all. No need for any investigation of any kind" - LeRoy Butler