Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Adams Ready for Second Year Jump Says Rodgers

Adams Ready for Second Year Jump Says Rodgers

http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/...&post_id=50031

“In my mind, he has humongous upside – and he’s starting to reach that upside,” Rodgers said after the team’s open-to-the-public organized team activity practice. “I think the opportunities are going to come for him. He’s got two great guys to play with. His attention to detail is very impressive and his approach."
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Cletidus Hunt had a humongous upside too but unfortunately it only realized itself as a humongous backside. That said, Green Bay receivers under TT and MM don't seem to suffer from the curse of untapped potential. Is that because TT knows how to pick em or because MM's staff knows how to develop them? Or because ARod could make Robert Ferguson look like a star?

Turd was one of the few players Favre called out publicly. Have to think he was resistant to learning in some way.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Cletidus Hunt had a humongous upside too but unfortunately it only realized itself as a humongous backside. That said, Green Bay receivers under TT and MM don't seem to suffer from the curse of untapped potential. Is that because TT knows how to pick em or because MM's staff knows how to develop them? Or because ARod could make Robert Ferguson look like a star?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Turd was one of the few players Favre called out publicly. Have to think he was resistant to learning in some way.
    Work ethic, etc, was never RFs problem, he just could never take that last step to put it all together. The Bush of the WRs I guess you'd say.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

I don't think the traumatic impact with Donovan Darius helped his progression, either.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    I don't think the traumatic impact with Donovan Darius helped his progression, either.
    Yes, he was never the same after that hit.

If Adams can make that jump, and Janis can make a big jump, that will bode well for this receiving corps. I am excited by the possibility of Janis stretching defenses.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    If Adams can make that jump, and Janis can make a big jump, that will bode well for this receiving corps. I am excited by the possibility of Janis stretching defenses.
    Janis couldn't even make it on the field last year. It would be a big jump just to get him a few catches. Screw it, I'm on board. Hope springs eternal...

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    With our QB, O-Line and RB this should be good. RR and Quarless make a jump it would be MUCH better than a 4th WR making the Jump.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Work ethic, etc, was never RFs problem, he just could never take that last step to put it all together. The Bush of the WRs I guess you'd say.
    Wow....what a slap in the face. Bush was much better than Turd...even though we cursed his name quite a few times.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    Janis couldn't even make it on the field last year. It would be a big jump just to get him a few catches. Screw it, I'm on board. Hope springs eternal...
    One of the coaches said he was ready to play, the problem was that they had a lineup that was working, and there was no reason to change it. He mentioned that it was unfair to Janis that he did not get on the field.

I'm onboard the Janis hype train, but I'm also thinking the hype this year is about potential. You don't get the same "he's about to shine" with him as you do with Adams. It's more the "he's earning trust and making plays, but he still needs to improve".

I think Janis might be a player that makes the big jump going into year three instead of 2. He'll be on the field more, but not quite as we all hope.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Wow....what a slap in the face. Bush was much better than Turd...even though we cursed his name quite a few times.
    Ferguson was a good special teams player and acknowledged hard worker that never broke through to be a viable starter. He was ok as a 4th WR. Bush was much the same, excelled on ST but you didn't want him at CB except maybe as a dime back. I think a lot of the difference was that Ferguson was drafted in the 2nd round, and expected to become a starter, whereas Bush was a UDFA, so everything beyond a camp body was a bonus.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    One of the coaches said he was ready to play, the problem was that they had a lineup that was working, and there was no reason to change it. He mentioned that it was unfair to Janis that he did not get on the field.
    Maybe so, but he couldn't even get active ahead of Boykin. Maybe he was marginally better than Boykin, but the excuse that he was only left out because "there was no reason to change it," rings hollow. The "reason" should have been that he was clearly the better option. That is why I am tempering my expectations.

Maybe so, but he couldn't even get active ahead of Boykin. Maybe he was marginally better than Boykin, but the excuse that he was only left out because "there was no reason to change it," rings hollow. The "reason" should have been that he was clearly the better option. That is why I am tempering my expectations.
    That's where I tend to fall as well - by that time in the season, Boykin was obviously out of their plans for the future, he was getting few offensive snaps and no looks, so why not give the guy you're hoping is the future some reps? The only reason I can think of that would support the story that there was no room for Janis is that he couldn't play STs. I know Boykin played them, but I don't know if he was much of a contributor that way.
    --

I think that GB just didn't want him ingraining the 'wrong' techs he brought with him from a small school. It's harder to learn the right way when you've been practicing and playing under the wrong for so long... Not like we were desperate for him, so let him do things right!

I agree with you. I would think the coaches would put the best guys out there - or those who had the best week of practice out there on game days. It will be fun to see how he does this summer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    I'm onboard the Janis hype train, but I'm also thinking the hype this year is about potential. You don't get the same "he's about to shine" with him as you do with Adams. It's more the "he's earning trust and making plays, but he still needs to improve".

I think Janis might be a player that makes the big jump going into year three instead of 2. He'll be on the field more, but not quite as we all hope.
    I sing with the chorus here.

It probably took Janis all of his first season to learn how to use his practice reps.

Now he's got to learn how to play in a regular season game.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    I sing with the chorus here.

It probably took Janis all of his first season to learn how to use his practice reps.

Now he's got to learn how to play in a regular season game.
    Keep whistlin' Dixie, KY, I've a feeling it'll be just as useful. Don't know why I'm so pessimistic about this guy, but I am. Maybe it's because everybody wants him to succeed so badly that I just shake my head at how far he has to go to even make the team, with probably only one WR spot up for grabs (assuming Montgomery doesn't pull a Corey Rodgers).
    --