Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Patriot Scandal??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Another Patriot Scandal??

Go PACK

Rodgers said he asks the equipment guys to over-inflate them to make them harder to handle. Seems to work at home.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    This is very strange. I thought it was Stubby who had the sagging balls.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

there might be some meat to this story after all

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...with-patriots/

Belicheat is finding himself in a very hairy situation

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-patriots-nfl/
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Rodgers said he asks the equipment guys to over-inflate them to make them harder to handle. Seems to work at home.
    He said only about half the QBs prefer a softer ball.
    I saw Joe Theisman on TV, for what it's worth, he did a test this morning and couldn't tell the difference. Of course Joe has no feeling in any of his extremities.

It seems like a pretty silly scandal, I don't mind if it is true.

At this point it is a matter of when and who will the league slam because of this. They won't do anything before the SB, but in light of bounty-gate a 1 year suspension would not be surprising for those involved. If it goes all the way up to Belicheat the Pats should lose multiple draft choices (#1, #2, and #3, or #1 this year and next) as well as the suspension.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

The scandal itself is silly, but it raises questions as to what else the Patriots are up to. Everyone in the world knew the Patriots would go heavy with the run game with Blount after Jonas Gray destroyed the Colts in Indy. The question is, why even bother with the footballs then? I hope the Patriots get nailed.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    The scandal itself is silly, but it raises questions as to what else the Patriots are up to.
    flubber?

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    flubber?

LOL. "Nothing to see here, folks. Just a normal game. Nothing suspicious at all. No need for any investigation of any kind" - LeRoy Butler

Now the league is saying the officials checked the balls before the game and they were fine, meaning the Patriots took the air out after the refs inspected them.
    Go PACK

http://espn.go.com/boston/story/_/id...mpionship-game

11 of 12 Pats footballs underinflated

Updated: January 21, 2015, 2:19 PM ET
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Yup underinflated footballs are exactly why the Pats blew away the Dolts, stupid fucking story and a non-issue. Next the Packers will be whining that the Seahawk fans get voice lessons, which unfairly helps them cheer louder.

I missed the section in the rulebook where it says cheating is allowed as long as you win by 30+ points.
    Go PACK

I missed the section in the rulebook where it says cheating is allowed as long as you win by 30+ points.
    No offense but as mentioned previously Rodgers ADMITTED they over-inflate the balls......should the Packers get the same penalty as anything the Pats get?

This is really minor, the only concerning thing is these dudes seem to have a pattern of bending the rules and getting busted.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    No offense but as mentioned previously Rodgers ADMITTED they over-inflate the balls......should the Packers get the same penalty as anything the Pats get?

This is really minor, the only concerning thing is these dudes seem to have a pattern of bending the rules and getting busted.
    I believe Rodgers likes them over-inflated and then relies on the refs to check and request changes. That's a little different than having them checked and approved and then making changes after the fact.
    Go PACK

I believe Rodgers likes them over-inflated and then relies on the refs to check and request changes. That's a little different than having them checked and approved and then making changes after the fact.
    I will grant you the slight distinction. One is slightly more underhanded, although the intent is the same for both. I still think this is pretty minor, and I'm no Pats fan.

I will grant you the slight distinction. One is slightly more underhanded, although the intent is the same for both. I still think this is pretty minor, and I'm no Pats fan.
    The intent in one is to provide balls that meet the requirements so they are approved and intentionally deceive the refs knowing that you can then do whatever you want to the balls.

The intent in the other is to get as close as possible to the upper amount the refs will allow.

nm
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

The score of the game should have no bearing on the punishment. I say force the Patriots to provide recordings of their entire practices to all 32 teams and to play with greased footballs while on offense.

Evidently an under-inflated ball is easier to throw/grip and catch in cool wet conditions like we saw in the AFCC game. This is so stupid of NE if indeed they are found guilty. Did they think nobody would find out? I really wonder if an over-flated ball would be an advantage. And the league is aware of what Rodgers said but as far as we know the league isn't investigating that. I don't know if there is a limit on over-inflating the footballs.

This misdeed seems minor but I find the fact that NE has this history of bending the rules and outright cheating disturbing. I have a feeling so does Goodell and company. It will be interesting to see what punishment is doled out after the SB.