Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Patriot Scandal??

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    wow...you missed that by a mile. whoever the qb, if he likes the ball at a particular pressure let him have it the way. if brady likes it at 10.5 and flacco likes it at 11.25 who gives a crap? no one has an "advantage".
    Under-inflated balls are easier for QBs, WRs and RBs to handle than firmer balls in inclement weather. If NE is using a football with a lower psi than their opponent you don't think the Pats would have an advantage? Even if the misdeed seems insignificant to us it was worth it to NE to break the rules. They must've felt it was worth getting caught to get a competitive advantage or else why bother?

Double post.

Why can't we delete posts?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    I did not "hate on Brady, Belichick, or the Pats" in my post and there's no way to even infer that. Your original post made it sound like you think that this rule is not a big deal and thus breaking it is meaningless. The rule is there for a reason, and all the teams have to abide by it. Again, just because one does not like a rule does not give one permission to break it.

The NFL didn't create this mess, the Patriots did. I just don't think the NFL is going to do a good job in handling it.
    Whoa !

I didn't want to even infer that you were hating. There's a lot of that going on in regards to this matter all the same.

Your opinion is your right. Good for you.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

wow...you missed that by a mile. whoever the qb, if he likes the ball at a particular pressure let him have it the way. if brady likes it at 10.5 and flacco likes it at 11.25 who gives a crap? no one has an "advantage".
    No I think you missed the point. So a team that has a crap qb going up against a HoF QB, but they have a good running game. What is to stop them from putting so little air that you can't even throw a spiral?

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    No I think you missed the point. So a team that has a crap qb going up against a HoF QB, but they have a good running game. What is to stop them from putting so little air that you can't even throw a spiral?
    lol...why would a team do that to their own qb. again...each team uses their own footballs set at whatever pressure their own qb wants.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...made-no-sense/

Another group based in Pittsburgh that includes brainiacs from Carnegie Mellon (somehow, I was admitted there and graduated with a degree a metallurgical engineering and materials sciences and a degree in engineering and public policy) claims that the conditions of the AFC title game would have caused a significant drop in air pressure.

“We took 12 brand new authentic NFL footballs and exposed them to the different elements they would have experienced throughout the game.” said Thomas Healy, founder of HeadSmart Labs and a masters student in mechanical engineering at Carnegie Mellon. “Out of the twelve footballs we tested, we found that on average, footballs dropped 1.8 PSI when being exposed to dropping temperatures and wet conditions.”

As explained by the group that conducted the simulation: “During testing, twelve brand new footballs were inflated to 12.5 PSI in a 75 degree Fahrenheit room. This was to imitate the indoor conditions where the referees would have tested the footballs 2 hours and 15 minutes before kickoff. The footballs were then moved to a 50 degree Fahrenheit environment to simulate the temperatures that were experienced throughout the game. In addition, the footballs were dampened to replicate the rainy conditions.”

It’s unclear whether the footballs were placed in a wet, 50-degree environment immediately after testing for a full 135 minutes before kickoff or whether they waited until just before kickoff to move the footballs to the simulated game conditions. It’s also unclear whether the various balls were exposed to the same external forces to which a dozen footballs used by an NFL offense would be exposed when rotated through the first half of a game. It’s also unclear whether re-testing of the footballs was done following the precise duration of the first half of the Colts-Patriots game.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Why not let each team decide on the length and width of their home field like baseball?

There is a rule book that all trams must follow. Seems simple to me.
    don't get silly now. yes there's a rule now that they should have adhered too. I'm saying it's a silly rule.

Who keeps a room at 75 degrees?

Also not explained, how did the magic Colts football maintain their pressure?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

Also not explained, how did the magic Colts football maintain their pressure?
    Were the Colts footballs tested? if so were they tested at the same time, in the same manner?

lol...why would a team do that to their own qb. again...each team uses their own footballs set at whatever pressure their own qb wants.
    Gotcha. I was thinking each team used the same set of balls, my mistake. If they want to do that, fine. Otherwise, just take it out of the team's hands completely.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    My grandparents from Nov 1 to May 1.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Were the Colts footballs tested? if so were they tested at the same time, in the same manner?
    Measured before, during halftime and after game, so the answer would seem to be yes. But its not explicit.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/...mpionship-game
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    Gotcha. I was thinking each team used the same set of balls, my mistake. If they want to do that, fine. Otherwise, just take it out of the team's hands completely.
    yup...exactly.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...tect-patriots/

Richard Sherman thinks Goodell-Kraft relationship will protect Patriots

Posted by Mike Florio on January 25, 2015, 8:39 PM EST
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

I'm wondering if that ball is properly inflated?

In similarly head shaking news, the NFL has decided Lynch's crotch grab is more onerous than rule breaking deflated footballs. If he does it at the SB, 15 yard penalty for the 'obscene' gesture!!! Good thing the NFL is thinking of the children, isn't it?

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fan...bscene-gesture
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

The NFL opened this can of worms and informed us that the proper decisions would be made regarding it in 3-5 days. Suddenly it became the greatest puzzle to solve.

The drama has been far better than any soap.

Bill Belichick chimes in informing us first that he knows 'nothing' about the football and process of properly inflating that football. He's totally oblivious to this matter... knows nothing.

Tom Brady comes on informing us that he would never cheat. You can almost see the halo over his head in that presser.

Then on Saturday the 24th Jan. Bill Belichick is back (what!?) to assist the NFL in it's now overdue investigation. Bill is at his most charming self. He's like the dull Science Teacher who teaches us about what happens when the balls are vigorously rubbed to get the texture that Tom Brady needs to handle game balls. Bill looks like the hero here as he explains Amontons' Law of Pressure-Temperature as that applies to balls over time and changing temperature. In a matter of days Bill Belichick has gone from a man of total ignorance and the NFL ball to a man enlightened as to how complex it all is and well after an embarrassing concentrated time spent on this issue he's much more informed. He's offered the NFL all it needs to slink away from this matter.

The NFL loves all this because the publicity from it is enormous. It's the lead story on major news channels. It's dealt with as a major topic on CNN. Even Saturday Night Live toss's it into their mix as something as it is or really very hilarious. On and on it goes right up to or beyond the Super Bowl game and the winner.

The NFL as the Super Bowl audience very possibly hits a new record.

Who are the villainous stars of all this but bad Ole Bill Belichick and Tom Brady and the fact of the matter is that unless the NFL can come up with admissions of guilt (good luck with that and the Patriots Mob) or video evidence of ball tampering. This issue is dead in the water.

I'm wondering about stuff like this:

Do the New England Patriots drop pass's and have fumbles that are in accordance with the rest of the NFL teams?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

Bill Belichick chimes in informing us first that he knows 'nothing' about the football and process of properly inflating that football. He's totally oblivious to this matter... knows nothing.
    The old Sergeant Shultz defense!

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Saw this headline and thought maybe Brady was admitting something
    Tom Brady: I personalized things last week, but I’ve moved past it

But it was just PFT playing word mash.

The actual quote is
    I personalized a lot of things and thought this was all about me, and my feelings got hurt. Then I moved past it, because it’s not serving me.
    http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/...ot-serving-me/
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...room-attendant

FOX Sports: NFL zeroes in on locker-room attendant

By: Marc Sessler ... Around the NFL Writer

Published: Jan. 26, 2015 at 04:40 p.m. ... Updated: Jan. 26, 2015 at 05:36 p.m.