Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Patriot Scandal??

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I don't care if Brady gets a suspension. Small price to pay for a SB. If the Patsies don't have to vacate wins, including the SB, then the punishment is meaningless.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I don't care if Brady gets a suspension. Small price to pay for a SB. If the Patsies don't have to vacate wins, including the SB, then the punishment is meaningless.

Just to point out, when they re-inflated the balls he was better. After the shit blew up I am guessing the balls were normal during the big game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Just to point out, when they re-inflated the balls he was better. After the shit blew up I am guessing the balls were normal during the big game.
    That seems to suggest your punishment for cheating should be reduced if you are good enough to win without cheating.

If some one uses PEDs, but they are still really good without them, maybe there should be no suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    That seems to suggest your punishment for cheating should be reduced if you are good enough to win without cheating.

If some one uses PEDs, but they are still really good without them, maybe there should be no suspension.
    Nope, not saying that at all. These clowns still deny it and did not cooperate in the investigation. I'm thinking if they would have said "yea, we pushed the limit" it would been less but I'd throw the fucking book at them.

edit: My comment was more directed at the outraged people saying "that's why they won" - "game would have been different" crowd which is a crock of bullshit.
    Last edited by Rastak; 05-09-2015 at 12:14 AM.

My comment was more directed at the outraged people saying "that's why they won" - "game would have been different" crowd which is a crock of bullshit.
    Sure, I get this. And I don't make this claim at all (It just makes their corruption look really stupid). Patsies should have the book thrown at them for a consistent and repeated pattern of cheating. Who knows how else they've cheated? Video, deflation - perhaps these are just the tips of a large iceberg.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

"A one game suspension. That sounds about right to me"

"Too harsh, too harsh."

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Can't believe I'm about to defend Tom Brady.

Basically, the NFL office isn't known for their tight lips and lack of leaks. Dude's married to Gisele Bundchen and they want full access to all his cell phone message? Ya, I don't think so
    She dodged the fappening (I think?) but no way she gets through this clean!
    The folks in the Wells committee told Brady's attorneys they only wanted communication relevant to the investigation but Brady's camp still refused to give the committee any of those texts and e-mails.

Sure, I get this. And I don't make this claim at all (It just makes their corruption look really stupid). Patsies should have the book thrown at them for a consistent and repeated pattern of cheating. Who knows how else they've cheated? Video, deflation - perhaps these are just the tips of a large iceberg.
    This is my take too. What else are these guys doing that they haven't been caught at?

I don't really care what punishment Brady gets, but whatever it is, he needn't bother appealing, since he brought it all on himself.

"Too harsh, too harsh."

Wasn't Hornung suspended for an entire season? Paul also was forthcoming and admitted his misdeeds and that went a long way in keeping his reputation intact. Folks hate liars more than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    The folks in the Wells committee told Brady's attorneys they only wanted communication relevant to the investigation but Brady's camp still refused to give the committee any of those texts and e-mails.

I look at it this way. If Brady had said "Yea, I asked those guys to get the footballs as soft as they could and I knew or had a feeling that's what they were doing" then I'd give him one game and a big fine or just a big fine.

However, when his employer is investigating wrongdoing and he tries to throw roadblocks in the way to keep his employer as in the dark as possible he should get the hammer. I say 4 games just for blocking the inquiry.

It would have been better to just own up to it. Then again perhaps he was afraid Adolph Goodell would put him on the exempt list for a couple of years.

Adolph Goodell.
    Seriously? Goodell is at best a tinpot dictator. Any real controversy and he folds like a tent at an Everest base camp during an avalanche.

Brady's camp still refused to give the committee any of those texts and e-mails.
    Certainly no one cares about missing emails or servers. No corruption on wrongdoing there. move along. move along.

you know. we got this issue with brady not giving up his texts, we also have the texts between the ball boys.

texts also helped bring down aaron hernandez

its really not that hard to delete texts people. if you're being investigated for something and you have incriminating texts on your phone, spend 15 minutes and delete it all. or "lose" the phone, and go but a new one, these people are multi millionaires, its not like the can't afford a new iphone every week

While a lot of what Lee (Brady's agent) is saying is bullshit, I think he hit on this one
    “Finally, any information we would have provided, and the Wells investigative team did ask us to go through Tom’s phone on our own and provide them with information if we chose to go that route. But as you might surmise if we would have chosen to go that route, any information we would have given them, they probably would have had skepticism about anyway.”
    so they hand over texts, it has nothing incriminating, Wells would've said they withheld stuff.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    you know. we got this issue with brady not giving up his texts, we also have the texts between the ball boys.

texts also helped bring down aaron hernandez

its really not that hard to delete texts people. if you're being investigated for something and you have incriminating texts on your phone, spend 15 minutes and delete it all. or "lose" the phone, and go but a new one, these people are multi millionaires, its not like the can't afford a new iphone every week
    If you delete them on your phone, the phone company can still retrieve them. It doesn't help the NFL here because they don't have subpoena power.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    how bout the nfl uses technology and uses a ball that doesn't have to be inflated with a certain amount of air?

we can send a craft to pluto, but we can't figure out a way to make a solid core football that doesn't need to be inflated or deflated before every game?

some kind of nerf/rubber innards with a leather shell. something that looks the same, performs the same, but something that can't change or degrade over time. like a baseball, or golf ball, but softer on the outside
    Maybe, but it would be a tough job.

For instance, over the last few years they tried to introduce a new football with artificial laces. The laces in the new ball would be made of a new material that would be consistent and reduce the manufacturing costs. In the trials of the new balls, there was 100% agreement. All the QB's rejected them, said they felt funny, didn't throw well, etc.

If they couldn't even make a ball with different laces, how would they do at introducing a totally synthetic ball?

NBA had this problem as well. Tried new, synthetic ball rather than leather and the PGs all threw a fit. Lasted less than half a season.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Nope, not saying that at all. These clowns still deny it and did not cooperate in the investigation. I'm thinking if they would have said "yea, we pushed the limit" it would been less but I'd throw the fucking book at them.

edit: My comment was more directed at the outraged people saying "that's why they won" - "game would have been different" crowd which is a crock of bullshit.
    My mistake.