Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Patriot Scandal??

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Maybe, but it would be a tough job.

For instance, over the last few years they tried to introduce a new football with artificial laces. The laces in the new ball would be made of a new material that would be consistent and reduce the manufacturing costs. In the trials of the new balls, there was 100% agreement. All the QB's rejected them, said they felt funny, didn't throw well, etc.

If they couldn't even make a ball with different laces, how would they do at introducing a totally synthetic ball?
    why do the players get to decide? players didn't want to wear knee pads either

i'm sure a lot of players haven't likes a lot of the rules that have changed in recent years

if i was the comish, and i wanted to make a change like this, i would tell the players to deal with it, or find new jobs

i mean hell, we live in a day and age where the nfl tells the players what kind of shoes they can wear during games and what headphones they are allowed to wear before and after games
    Last edited by red; 05-09-2015 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Seriously? Goodell is at best a tinpot dictator. Any real controversy and he folds like a tent at an Everest base camp during an avalanche.

I now firmly believe he's an idiot. There is a reason he consistently loses in court.

He correctly gave Ray Rice 2 games then punished him again when there was outrage....I swear, the dude just looks to see which was the wind is blowing and goes with that. That works great for a congressman but not so good for a commissioner of a major sports league.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    I now firmly believe he's an idiot. There is a reason he consistently loses in court.

He correctly gave Ray Rice 2 games then punished him again when there was outrage....I swear, the dude just looks to see which was the wind is blowing and goes with that. That works great for a congressman but not so good for a commissioner of a major sports league.
    took you this long to figure this out?

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    took you this long to figure this out?
    Yea, I suspected it forever but to my shame it took this long to be completely sure.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    why do the players get to decide? players didn't want to wear knee pads either

i'm sure a lot of players haven't likes a lot of the rules that have changed in recent years

if i was the comish, and i wanted to make a change like this, i would tell the players to deal with it, or find new jobs

i mean hell, we live in a day and age where the nfl tells the players what kind of shoes they can wear during games and what headphones they are allowed to wear before and after games
    It's a passing league.

QB's do the passing.

if there is a rev to the ball that the QB's don't like, it won't become the game ball.

That the reality of it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post

He was hired in with the charter to:

A. Be a sheriff and punish those who commit infractions (which he still believes is his main public function)

B. Manage and promote the giant money machine.

he is a master of B and a boob at A.

As long as the money machine is going and growing, the owners will ignore his lack of function at the A task.

If it was the other way round, he's have been fired after the New Orleans debacle which was a clumsy fuck-up from the word "go".

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    He was hired in with the charter to:

A. Be a sheriff and punish those who commit infractions (which he still believes is his main public function)

B. Manage and promote the giant money machine.

he is a master of B and a boob at A.

As long as the money machine is going and growing, the owners will ignore his lack of function at the A task.

If it was the other way round, he's have been fired after the New Orleans debacle which was a clumsy fuck-up from the word "go".

Agree completely and we're assuming the B part is him and not people under him coming up with the great ideas he just rubber stamps.

according to one report, brady WILL BE suspended, and goodell will hand down the punishment this week

http://www.csnbayarea.com/raiders/re...bcs&ocid=yahoo

Forgot about this:

Aaron Nagler @AaronNagler
    People forget, prior to Spygate exploding, the Packers caught New England taping signals. They handled it discretely.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

BTW, the Wells report invokes the Ideal Gas Law to approximate the difference in pressure due to temperature changes.

However, as put here: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/30/sp...after-all.html

the Ideal Gas Law is not correct for normal atmospheric conditions on Planet Earth.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Forgot about this:

Aaron Nagler @AaronNagler
    People forget, prior to Spygate exploding, the Packers caught New England taping signals. They handled it discretely.
    Would this be the game that raised the team's suspicion of the Pats?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=261119009

Apparently some other teams were filming the Packers sideline signals that year, especially at home. With the likes of Verand Morency, Samkon Gado and Robert Ferguson at skill positions, who needs to film anything?
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

BTW, the Wells report invokes the Ideal Gas Law to approximate the difference in pressure due to temperature changes.

However, as put here: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/30/sp...after-all.html

the Ideal Gas Law is not correct for normal atmospheric conditions on Planet Earth.
    Anybody who's ever had the pleasure of a university thermodynamics course can relate to the pleasures of sorting that shit out.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    In the future, I want to know the partial pressures of all the gases in the football, as well as enthalpy and free energy measurements in real time, during the game. DirecTV can have a special channel to display that information.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    In the future, I want to know the partial pressures of all the gases in the football, as well as enthalpy and free energy measurements in real time, during the game. DirecTV can have a special channel to display that information.
    If they just put a chip into the ball, we could not only know when the ball crosses the goal line, but also be able to predict under- and over-throws.

If they just put a chip into the ball, we could not only know when the ball crosses the goal line, but also be able to predict under- and over-throws.
    Oh, oh, oh, and an altimeter! Then we could know definitively if that last throw was a 'frozen rope' or not
    --

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    And the chip can create a tail on the ball so we can see the path the ball has taken.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    And the chip can create a tail on the ball so we can see the path the ball has taken.
    Sacrebleu that's a good idea!
    --

Deflate-Gate: Tom Brady Suspended Four Games
    Tom Brady, the star quarterback of the New England Patriots, was suspended for four games after an investigator concluded he was probably aware that team personnel let air out of footballs for a playoff game.

"Quarterback Tom Brady will be suspended without pay for the first four games of the 2015 regular season for conduct detrimental to the integrity of the NFL." the league said in a statement Monday afternoon. "Brady may participate in all off-season, training camp and pre-season activities, including pre-season games."

The investigator's report on the scandal known as Deflate-Gate, issued last week, faulted two Patriots employees in what it described as a probable scheme to deflate footballs for the AFC championship game, making them easier to grip.

Brady mostly sidestepped questions about the report in a public appearance last week. At a news conference in January, he denied wrongdoing: "I would never do anything to break the rules."

Brady, 37, has led the Patriots to six Super Bowls and four championships.
    Steelers, @Bills, Jaguars, @Cowboys.

Two of those four as easily winnable without Brady. Getting off pretty light considering that schedule.

Joe Banner
    ‏@JoeBanner13
    Not exactly the apology the Pats had demanded

SCHDENFREUDE IS RUNNING DEEP ON TWITTER

Scott Kacsmar retweeted
    Charlie Batch ‏@CharlieBatch16 25m25 minutes ago
    T. Brady suspended 4 games for violating integrity of the #NFL. T.Pryor suspended 5 games in NFL for Tattoos while in college. AMAZING!

MY FATHER WARNED ME THAT KIND OF THING CAN HAPPEN WHEN YOU MAKE IT UP AS YOU GO ALONG

Jason McIntyre ‏@jasonrmcintyre 28m28 minutes ago
    Plaxico Burress shot himself, went to jail & got a 4-game suspension.
    Tom Brady got 4 games?

LESSON: ARM YOURSELF WITH WILSON NEEDLES

Ben Muth ‏@FO_wordofmuth 43m43 minutes ago
    Pats start 4-0. Belichick sticks with the kid. Brady winds up in Buffalo next year. Ciiiiirrrrrrrrccccccclllllllleeeeee of liiiiiiiiife.

HAKUNA MATATA

PFTCommenter ‏@PFTCommenter 48m48 minutes ago
    If the NFL really wanted to make Tom Brady disapear for a while they should of just told him they were pregnant

WINNER
    Last edited by pbmax; 05-11-2015 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    Steelers, @Bills, Jaguars, @Cowboys.

Two of those four as easily winnable without Brady. Getting off pretty light considering that schedule.
    Jags yes, the others could prove tough. They could easily go 1-3, vs 3-1 with Brady.

They also loose a #1 in 16 and a #4 in 17. Good chance for the Packers to benefit in the first round next year.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!