Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Patriot Scandal??

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 9m9 minutes ago
    Bill Belichick exonerated of wrongdoing on Deflategate http://wp.me/p14QSB-9LOp

He is happy.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

figured it would be 4ish games and/or a fine or picks...but all three...didn't figure that. i'm ok with it but now...change the rule.

i think that in true new english fashion, brady should be forced to wear a giant red "C" on the front of his jersey for the rest of his career

and before anyone thinks they're a cleaver smart ass (i'm looking at you rand), no, the captain "c" doesn't count

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    figured it would be 4ish games and/or a fine or picks...but all three...didn't figure that. i'm ok with it but now...change the rule.
    yeah, i never thought the nfl would come down that hard on them, but IMO, still not hard enough

Can they just change his number to 12.5

Quote Originally Posted by jklowan View Post
    Can they just change his number to 12.5
    brilliant! lol

LOL, nice

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    So Brady is now forced to stay home with a supermodel for a month instead of a NFL lockerroom. #Bradywins.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

IMO the biggest part is that 1st round pick - kind of surprised about that.

edit: just read the text message exchange - ouch, that was damning.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    The significance of losing that first round pick, for the Packers, could be the difference between Ray Lewis and John Michels.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i think that in true new english fashion, brady should be forced to wear a giant red "C" on the front of his jersey for the rest of his career

and before anyone thinks they're a cleaver smart ass (i'm looking at you rand), no, the captain "c" doesn't count
    ?? "C" for cleaver?

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Should be scarlet letter 'D' all the way around.

Just imagine all the quality work and policy Roger has been part of implementing. I am sure no teams are taping and recording signals anymore either.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    I can't help but wonder that this is the first half of a negotiation.

I get the feeling the suspension will be reduced to 2 games to calm the NE fan base down a little.

Goodell's punishments have a habit of getting overturned.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    ?? "C" for cleaver?

c for cheater

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    I can't help but wonder that this is the first half of a negotiation.

I get the feeling the suspension will be reduced to 2 games to calm the NE fan base down a little.

Goodell's punishments have a habit of getting overturned.
    probably true, but i hope not

by the sound of it, he's been deflating balls for a long time, not just the one game. 4 games seems to light to me

probably true, but i hope not

by the sound of it, he's been deflating balls for a long time, not just the one game. 4 games seems to light to me
    Not to mentioned Brady lied and refused to cooperate in any meaningful manner. Meanwhile, the two guys that deflated the balls were suspended indefinitely, despite cooperating by turning over their cell phones. Well, maybe they will each get some book rights out of the whole thing, or go on the talk show circuit, so it may not be all bad.

What's not being mentioned is that Brady will also lose 2 million dollars in game checks for this 4 games

In the end none of this matters....they won.
    C.H.U.D.

What's not being mentioned is that Brady will also lose 2 million dollars in game checks for this 4 games
    Which Adam Schefter thinks will save the Patriots money (they were fined a million). But don't fines all go into a fund for NFL Charities?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Which Adam Schefter thinks will save the Patriots money (they were fined a million). But don't fines all go into a fund for NFL Charities?
    Fines do, but I doubt unpaid salary is considered a fine. So the Pats probably come out ahead on money.