Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Patriot Scandal??

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    What's not being mentioned is that Brady will also lose 2 million dollars in game checks for this 4 games
    And despite lying to his employer, he will collect many millions of dollars in the same year.

yeah, if brady reallyt did lie to the pats about the whole thing then they should be furious, instead they "have his back"

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Not a huge deal here that the Pats are starting the season without a starting QB, the Vikes have been doing it for years!
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

The stench surrounding the Patriots and their success under Belichick is growing.

I lost the link, but I had an article identifying six incidents of apparent out-and-out cheating by the Patriots under Belichick. I'm not naive. I expect everyone to push the boundaries of the rules, I accept that some will cross the boundary at times, intentionally or unintentionally. However, a strong pattern has developed of the Patriots doing whatever they think they can get away with, even though they know, or should knowit is unequivocally forbidden to do so.

Greatest coach? Nah, not in my opinion.
    Most successful cheater? Perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    The stench surrounding the Patriots and their success under Belichick is growing.

I lost the link, but I had an article identifying six incidents of apparent out-and-out cheating by the Patriots under Belichick. I'm not naive. I expect everyone to push the boundaries of the rules, I accept that some will cross the boundary at times, intentionally or unintentionally. However, a strong pattern has developed of the Patriots doing whatever they think they can get away with, even though they know, or should knowit is unequivocally forbidden to do so.

Greatest coach? Nah, not in my opinion.
    Most successful cheater? Perhaps.
    Protect the shield!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Not a huge deal here that the Pats are starting the season without a starting QB, the Vikes have been doing it for years!

http://yourteamcheats.com/

Packers 27 cheating points
    Vikings 23

You lose.

How do they count Bountygate against them when the League says the rules don't prohibit it?

Also, I hate accumulation stats.

Packers 27 points/94 years = 0.28723404255319

Vikings 23/55 years = 0.41818181818182

Comparatively, Packers are a batch of nuns.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

This whole thing is laughable. But anything to make Goodell look all powerful. So he ignores the PED's, and the shit that most of the thugs do. But goes on a powertrip for shit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    This whole thing is laughable. But anything to make Goodell look all powerful. So he ignores the PED's, and the shit that most of the thugs do. But goes on a powertrip for shit like this.
    I am no fan of the Commish, but how is he ignoring PEDs?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I am no fan of the Commish, but how is he ignoring PEDs?
    You can't tell me they aren't widespread in the NFL. If they punished everyone, the NFL would make no money. Hell I would bet money that Green Bay's own Clay Mathews is a juicer, or for sure was. There is no way he went from as scrawny as he was, to what he did is with just hard work.

You can't tell me they aren't widespread in the NFL. If they punished everyone, the NFL would make no money. Hell I would bet money that Green Bay's own Clay Mathews is a juicer, or for sure was. There is no way he went from as scrawny as he was, to what he did is with just hard work.
    1. The NFL tests for Olympic list banned substances. I don't think they are widespread in the NFL with one exception. Compared to the testing regimen for recreational drugs, the PED testing is logical, random and pretty frequent.
    2. Its possible the users are ahead of the testers, but that is true of every sport and not confined to Goodell's stewardship.
    3. The one test they weren't running was HGH and that is scheduled to change soon. I am certain its used, though not like Bonds used it to reshape his head.
    4. Of ALL the charges that can be made about testing, ignoring results isn't one I have seen. You don't offer evidence except -
    5. Matthews body change. However, much or all of that happened in college, not under Goodell's control.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar

Clay might be doing Cenegenics!
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    What's not being mentioned is that Brady will also lose 2 million dollars in game checks for this 4 games
    He can make that up in a day doing commercials for Pirelli Run Flatâ„¢ Tires.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

LOL

you can't make this shit up. the pats set up a whole website to blast everything that ted wells found

one of the biggest claims?

the ball boy didn't refer to himself as the "deflator" in texts because he was the guy deflating the footballs, he called himself that because he was fat and trying to lose weight

wow

LOL

you can't make this shit up. the pats set up a whole website to blast everything that ted wells found

the ball boy didn't refer to himself as the "deflator" in texts because he was the guy deflating the footballs, he called himself that because he was fat and trying to lose weight

wow
    You can't make that type of shit up. I can honestly say I have never heard someone refer to their weight loss as deflation. Maybe it is an East Coast thing?

yeah, if brady reallyt did lie to the pats about the whole thing then they should be furious, instead they "have his back"
    Isn't the Patriot way?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    LOL

wow
    Flounder letting the air out of Dean Wormer's tires.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Flounder letting the air out of Dean Wormer's tires.
    someone need to make a cartoon of a fat guy eating a hot dog while sitting on a football with air escaping the ball under all the weight

Stuff like this keeps making the Patriots look worse and worse to me:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...p-invested-in/

That being said, it's not going to change Brady being one of the best QBs of all time. It's not going to change Belichick having coached the team to four super bowl wins and two more appearances (I think only two more). It's not going to change the Patriots' place in history as one of the most successful franchises in the 2000s. It will change my personal opinion about their reputation, for whatever that's worth, and I will occasionally wonder how much of an edge the cheating actually got them.

But the entitlement of being a Patriot should end now. No more golden calf status. Unless we're talking post Moses coming down from the mountain and melting that thing into soup. Then we can commence the comparative again.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.