Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Another Patriot Scandal??

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post

But the entitlement of being a Patriot should end now. No more golden calf status. Unless we're talking post Moses coming down from the mountain and melting that thing into soup. Then we can commence the comparative again.
    This is the kind of verbal diarrhea that allows them to get away with cheating. "OK, you've snookered us again and again, but do it ONE MORE TIME and THEN we'll get REALLY mad! We mean it!"
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

"I've been obsessed with Tom Brady my entire life. Even though I was there, I have no idea how the balls deflated."

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Everyone's favorite pundit, Ask Vic, suggested vacating the SB trophy. I don't disagree. Talk about sending the message that Mom and Dad are pissed and they fucking mean business. Nobody would fuck with the balls after that.

Karlos Dansby now trying to start a fire in the Patriots backyard.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-new-england/

In 2008, Dansby’s Cardinals faced the Patriots in New England during Week 16 of the 2008 season. The Patriots needed a win to keep their postseason hopes alive. And Dansby said the coach-to-headset communication system, which was first implemented by the NFL in 2008, didn’t function at Gillette Stadium during that snowy day in December.

“My headset was working fine, every game,” Dansby said. “Until the very last game of the year. We get in Foxboro, they couldn’t get my headset fixed, for nothing in the world.”

In that same game, Cardinals quarterback Matt Leinart also had trouble with his own headset. Leinart’s former backup at USC, Matt Cassel, three for 345 yards and three touchdowns in a 47-7 rout.
    Leinart also had trouble in that game: http://archive.azcentral.com/sports/...cardsside.html
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Bretsky to the rescue?

Have to say though, the next step (the appeal) doesn't pass the sniff test. Goodell has indicated that he will be handling the appeal.

The phrase "judge, jury and executioner" comes to mind.

I know the NFL doesn't much care about transparency, but this is a little much even for them. Troy Vincent may have made the initial decision on the punishment, but we know damn well Goodell had some influence, at the very least the punishment was run by him for final approval before being made official.

Now he decides if it will be changed? smh
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post

If Tom flashes him those pearly whites, he might just let him play opening weekend. But take the wife along, just in case.

Even Jordan had to 'retire' for a year.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Even Jordan had to 'retire' for a year.
    it more recently came out that maybe stern had told him to take a year off, instead of being suspended for gambling publicly. he did say in his retirement speech, " Five years down the road, if the urge comes back, if the Bulls will have me, if David Stern lets me back in the league, I may come back." he could have been facing a pete rose type situation

however i still think it had to do with his dad getting killed

i can tell you that i was in a room with MJ 2 or 3 weeks before his dad was killed, and he told us flat out with no hesitation, that he had many good years left, and retirement wasn't even something he was thinking about

there was also talk that he completely severed a tendon/ligament in his shooting hand. at his retirement presser, he had a large bandage on his. when asked about it, he said he cut his finger by accident with a faulty cigar cutter. he severed the tendon in his right index finger (the most important finger for shooting)

http://elbuenhabano.com/fra/noticias/noticias.php?id=43

so for one reason or another, something big changed his mind in a matter of weeks

and if not for that year and a half off, we would have seen what the superfans brought up after the first title. " we're not talking about a repeat, a three peat, or even a 4-peat, we're talking a minimum 8-peat"
    Last edited by red; 05-15-2015 at 01:58 PM.

Have to say though, the next step (the appeal) doesn't pass the sniff test. Goodell has indicated that he will be handling the appeal.

I know the NFL doesn't much care about transparency, but this is a little much even for them. Troy Vincent may have made the initial decision on the punishment, but we know damn well Goodell had some influence, at the very least the punishment was run by him for final approval before being made official.

In the last CBA the NFLPA signed on and agreed to let Goodell have the final say in situations like this so they can't now come and cry foul.

that they did

well there ya go.

it also “mysteriously happened to the lions at foxboro in 2006 on two drives with the lions were moving the ball well, also jack del rio said it happened to the jags in 2005 and in 2007 marvin lewis said the same thing happened to the bengals. all at foxboro

add those to the dansby complaint, and you have what really looks like another pattern of "trying to get an extra edge by bending the rules"

man, the whole franchise just looks like a giant bunch of cheats at this point

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...fore/#comments

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

man, the whole franchise just looks like a giant bunch of cheats at this point.
    "more probable than not"

I keep wishing that this thread was named "Patriot Games"
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    I keep wishing that this thread was named "Patriot Games"
    Tom Clancy, God rest his soul.

This is how Florio distinguishes himself, nice digging up of the Commissioner's nearly unlimited judicial power when it comes to issues of the integrity of the game. Predates the CBA where Personal Conduct Policy also granted him the same scope of power.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...the-first-cba/
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    In the last CBA the NFLPA signed on and agreed to let Goodell have the final say in situations like this so they can't now come and cry foul.
    that they did
    and that they did not do apparently

according to the story pb linked, its been there since the 60's

we could always blame hippies or nixon?

and that they did not do apparently

according to the story pb linked, its been there since the 60's

we could always blame hippies or nixon?
    Or Ed Garvey, actually.

But this is the one area I think it makes the most sense for the Commissioner's office to hold all the judicial power. However, given his history, he will find a way to be complicated, confusing and unwilling to establish or follow a precedent.

In college, they often go by the honor system: if one team loses connection with the pressbox, the other team doesn't use its headsets.

I was about to post that as an idea for the Competition Committee, but I figured the Pats' D would just have their feed mysteriously cut out at the end of the fourth and go no-huddle on offense.

"Geez, I don't know what happened. And with Radio Shack closed...."
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.