Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Patriot Scandal??

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    No offense but as mentioned previously Rodgers ADMITTED they over-inflate the balls......should the Packers get the same penalty as anything the Pats get?

This is really minor, the only concerning thing is these dudes seem to have a pattern of bending the rules and getting busted.
    I believe Rodgers likes them over-inflated and then relies on the refs to check and request changes. That's a little different than having them checked and approved and then making changes after the fact.
    Go PACK

nm
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

The score of the game should have no bearing on the punishment. I say force the Patriots to provide recordings of their entire practices to all 32 teams and to play with greased footballs while on offense.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What a bunch of pussies crying about balls not being big enough.

They have a lot of balls pointing at balls !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

The twitter tellsss me that Belichick denied knowledge of Ballghazi. Bill Simmons is collecting evidence to support his theory that this might be Brady's last year with the Pats.

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 6m6 minutes ago
    Also - the fact that Belichick did the whole "wasn't me, ask Tom" thing makes me feel even worse about Brady's iffy contract status.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Bill Simmons is collecting evidence to support his theory that this might be Brady's last year with the Pats.

Warning: 80's hair
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

The whole thing is kind of nuts. Ball inflation pressure? It is really hard to fathom how it matters, but I guess there's a rule, and the point is, they broke it. They didn't find a way around the rule, or challenge its validity, they just flat out break them, which I do see as the bigger problem.

One question I have: is this another bounty-gate? Are many teams doing it, but the NFL is not interested in looking to see?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Makes me wonder - are over inflated balls harder to catch (and throw) as Arod points out. Wonder how much that would go into the drops we sometimes see?

As there are 'K' balls for kicking - Bostick has no more excuses.

Posts over at PFT about this are pretty hilarious - a lot of mud slinging at the Colts, must be a lot of Baltimore fans over there! Among the claims:

lost games on purpose to get the #1 pick in the draft,
    caught pumping fake crowd noise into the stadium,
    changed rules league wide to benefit their own team, and
    turned off all cold water and cranked up the heat in the visitors locker room during a playoff game knowing the opposition had many players with the flu
    --

Did they paint the visiting locker rooms pink?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Did they paint the visiting locker rooms pink?
    "No man could move his bowels in here!"
    - Joel, touring a pink bathroom
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    The whole thing is kind of nuts. Ball inflation pressure? It is really hard to fathom how it matters, but I guess there's a rule, and the point is, they broke it. They didn't find a way around the rule, or challenge its validity, they just flat out break them, which I do see as the bigger problem.

One question I have: is this another bounty-gate? Are many teams doing it, but the NFL is not interested in looking to see?
    That's what I'm interested in. You would think that there would be a decent of teams doing something with the balls, but for the Colts to bring it up twice has me thinking otherwise.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    That's what I'm interested in. You would think that there would be a decent of teams doing something with the balls, but for the Colts to bring it up twice has me thinking otherwise.
    Of course they all do it, Manning and Brady asked the NFL to let them do it. Each team preps their own footballs for their offense, which was a change from the previous policy.

The question is how many are dumb enough or arrogant enough to go so far off spec that someone (more than one apparently) noticed?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ty-punishment/

Troy Aikman: Patriots punishment should exceed Saints bounty punishment

Posted by Josh Alper on January 22, 2015, 3:12 PM EST

" ... Aikman made an appearance on Sportsradio 1310 The Ticket on Thursday and said he believed that it is “obvious” quarterback Tom Brady was involved in deflating the footballs. ..."

Comment woodbuck27:

Troy Aikman's stance here surprizes me.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

What would Nolan Nawrocki say of a QB prospect who said, sure, I may have bent some rules and gotten into trouble, but its not like I am a member of ISIS?

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/...ady-isis-video

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Posts over at PFT about this are pretty hilarious - a lot of mud slinging at the Colts, must be a lot of Baltimore fans over there! Among the claims:

lost games on purpose to get the #1 pick in the draft,
    caught pumping fake crowd noise into the stadium,
    changed rules league wide to benefit their own team, and
    turned off all cold water and cranked up the heat in the visitors locker room during a playoff game knowing the opposition had many players with the flu
    This has gone more viral on PFT.Com than the Brett Favre 'fagish penis envy malaise' back in the day @ Packerrats.

Before the backlash is done the Kraft family might have to sell the franchise.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Here's a late music entry for the Super Bowl half-time in honor of the Patriots:

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    I believe Rodgers likes them over-inflated and then relies on the refs to check and request changes. That's a little different than having them checked and approved and then making changes after the fact.
    I will grant you the slight distinction. One is slightly more underhanded, although the intent is the same for both. I still think this is pretty minor, and I'm no Pats fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    No offense but as mentioned previously Rodgers ADMITTED they over-inflate the balls......should the Packers get the same penalty as anything the Pats get?

This is really minor, the only concerning thing is these dudes seem to have a pattern of bending the rules and getting busted.
    Evidently an under-inflated ball is easier to throw/grip and catch in cool wet conditions like we saw in the AFCC game. This is so stupid of NE if indeed they are found guilty. Did they think nobody would find out? I really wonder if an over-flated ball would be an advantage. And the league is aware of what Rodgers said but as far as we know the league isn't investigating that. I don't know if there is a limit on over-inflating the footballs.

This misdeed seems minor but I find the fact that NE has this history of bending the rules and outright cheating disturbing. I have a feeling so does Goodell and company. It will be interesting to see what punishment is doled out after the SB.