Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Patriot Scandal??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    much to-do about nothing. teams should be able to have the ball(s) the way they want...that or completely take away that duty and put it in the hands of the league/officials.

Hoody genius just had another press conference and shed more light on the matter.

In this effort he gives the NFL all they really need to simply let this matter go.

Here it is:

Handling the ball caused (friction) to temporarily increase the air pressure as it was measured at game time.

Two hours later the balls cool and correspondingly the balls interior pressure (psi) drops.

Pressure and Temperature being directly proportional.

It's over it's done ...

Troy Aikman should have stood mum.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    much to-do about nothing. teams should be able to have the ball(s) the way they want...that or completely take away that duty and put it in the hands of the league/officials.
    Yes. They could play with zero psi to stop all throwing attacks. Why inflate them at all?

Senior Rat Veteran TravisWilliams23's Avatar
    Apparently someone on the Patriots sideline deflated the balls after the officials checked them out. NE was the superior team that day and nothing the Colts did was going to stop them so the question is who did it and why. Could have been some schmuck who overheard players saying how a low inflated ball is easier to throw or catch but it was done and it will be interesting to see who has to fall on the sword to keep this away from the head coach. By the way, I think MM had his balls deflated at half time vs the Seahawks and we know how that turned out.

Brady was paying off the ball boys.
    C.H.U.D.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    To claim some kind of moral high ground over a game that grown men get paid more than most of us will earn in a lifetime is fucking stupid. All I can say is I wish M3 wanted to win that bad.

Thread deflated.

The NFL gets more and more like NASCAR every year.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

What is an appropriate penalty for deflating balls in the championship game? Fine? Draft picks?

The only possible punishment for this is castration.

Blog Entries
    I wish we deflated the dam balls and won; this is much about nothing

Maybe if the balls were deflated Bostick would not have tried catching a ball with his helmet

I wish we had Hoody Genius the last five minutes; we'd be in the SB after he buried Seattle with some first downs...regardless of the deflation of the balls
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What a bunch of pussies crying about balls not being big enough.

They have a lot of balls pointing at balls !
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

The twitter tellsss me that Belichick denied knowledge of Ballghazi. Bill Simmons is collecting evidence to support his theory that this might be Brady's last year with the Pats.

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 6m6 minutes ago
    Also - the fact that Belichick did the whole "wasn't me, ask Tom" thing makes me feel even worse about Brady's iffy contract status.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Bill Simmons is collecting evidence to support his theory that this might be Brady's last year with the Pats.

Warning: 80's hair
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

The whole thing is kind of nuts. Ball inflation pressure? It is really hard to fathom how it matters, but I guess there's a rule, and the point is, they broke it. They didn't find a way around the rule, or challenge its validity, they just flat out break them, which I do see as the bigger problem.

One question I have: is this another bounty-gate? Are many teams doing it, but the NFL is not interested in looking to see?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    The whole thing is kind of nuts. Ball inflation pressure? It is really hard to fathom how it matters, but I guess there's a rule, and the point is, they broke it. They didn't find a way around the rule, or challenge its validity, they just flat out break them, which I do see as the bigger problem.

One question I have: is this another bounty-gate? Are many teams doing it, but the NFL is not interested in looking to see?
    That's what I'm interested in. You would think that there would be a decent of teams doing something with the balls, but for the Colts to bring it up twice has me thinking otherwise.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    That's what I'm interested in. You would think that there would be a decent of teams doing something with the balls, but for the Colts to bring it up twice has me thinking otherwise.
    Of course they all do it, Manning and Brady asked the NFL to let them do it. Each team preps their own footballs for their offense, which was a change from the previous policy.

The question is how many are dumb enough or arrogant enough to go so far off spec that someone (more than one apparently) noticed?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

The thing is, if it doesn't matter why the rule and why the effort to get around the rule?

Makes me wonder - are over inflated balls harder to catch (and throw) as Arod points out. Wonder how much that would go into the drops we sometimes see?

As there are 'K' balls for kicking - Bostick has no more excuses.

Posts over at PFT about this are pretty hilarious - a lot of mud slinging at the Colts, must be a lot of Baltimore fans over there! Among the claims:

lost games on purpose to get the #1 pick in the draft,
    caught pumping fake crowd noise into the stadium,
    changed rules league wide to benefit their own team, and
    turned off all cold water and cranked up the heat in the visitors locker room during a playoff game knowing the opposition had many players with the flu
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Posts over at PFT about this are pretty hilarious - a lot of mud slinging at the Colts, must be a lot of Baltimore fans over there! Among the claims:

lost games on purpose to get the #1 pick in the draft,
    caught pumping fake crowd noise into the stadium,
    changed rules league wide to benefit their own team, and
    turned off all cold water and cranked up the heat in the visitors locker room during a playoff game knowing the opposition had many players with the flu
    This has gone more viral on PFT.Com than the Brett Favre 'fagish penis envy malaise' back in the day @ Packerrats.

Before the backlash is done the Kraft family might have to sell the franchise.