Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Patriot Scandal??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Comment woodbuck27:

I've been wondering just how the NFL is going to conclude and resolve this latest; and in my view huge PR disaster. If the New England Patriots are the bad boy. Certainly given all the known facts. The NFL has to be the neglectful bad parent. Roger Goodell the incompetent bad father.

Wind it right back to the known beginning.

This whole investigation of a league rules violation shouldn't be ongoing in terms if the investigation considering that the NFL was aware of the New England Patriots tampering with balls back in November 2014. The question begging then to be answered.

Why was this illegal rules violation dragged out to begin formally, after the AFC Championship game was completed? Would it even have gotten off the ground if Indy LB l D’Qwell Jackson hadn't intercepted a ball in the second quarter of that Championship game and noticed it was soft?

How did the game officials miss this fact of a under inflated football (s)?

It seems the answer of why so many questions should be obvious. The NFL wasn't going to bother with this in any formal manner until it's hand was forced.

Surveys have determined that by far most NFL fans believe that the Patriots are guilty. We've observed all the players 'acting poorly' as they denied this or that. We saw the Patriots Head Coach shrug it all off in shock and total ignorance and then suddenly become the Scientist. Offering the NFL a reasonable to him answer as to why the balls were measured as under inflated because of changing temperatures over time. Nope that didn't seel well at al as others had their say.

We observed the league ignore Tom Brady for days after the investigation was formally announced as open. Wasn't Tom Brady the man that would most benefit most from ball tampering? Then finally he came forward with his unimpressive act; laughing about the ridiculousness of anyone imagining he might cheat.

We've observed the Patriots owner Mr. Robert Kraft demand an apology as a confirmed verdict lacked in his view evidence of guilt on behalf of his organization.

We've observed the NFL Commissioner speak of his ignorance in certain matters. It seems that knowledge of footballs is outside of his job description. Roger Goodell who's paid $40 M$ a year is leaving it all up to some firm hired to investigate the whole matter. Goodell's patiently awaiting their findings.

The question that begs to be answered:

Why Rodger, are you denying awareness of this cheating since November?

"Adam Schefter — who is the most reliable NFL reporter on the planet — has said that the Colts first told the NFL that the Patriots were possibly using underinflated balls in a game in mid-November."

To top it all of and of course that answer for Roger Goodell will come at some later time (not days but stretching weeks) at an exorbitant cost to the NFL.

This whole thing has turned into a circus and sadly at the cost to the games very integrity. This is a PR disaster of the highest order. In any way it's finally spun. Roger Goodell should resign his position after his latest, and really looking inside of it all NFL blunder.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 02-08-2015 at 04:38 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ws-last-night/

Belichick may have inadvertently made news last night

Posted by Mike Florio on February 12, 2015, 4:05 PM EST

Comment woodbuck27:

Holy Stall !

So the big report will arrive for all to see and comment on in March. Then there will be a convening of a panel of selected NFL people to decide the fate of the report. After that and 'only' if necessary we'll be treated to the appeal process and ....

For all that's is sensible...simply ensure that the game balls meet the rules on proper inflation after they arrive on the field.

In a worse case for the Patriots scenario:

Do you punish New England because 'that organization' got caught? All the time, $money$ and dramatics over something the NFL simply fumbled the ball on again. The NFL is going to ruin the game.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...al-teams-ball/

Fresh #DeflateGate wrinkle involves special-teams ball

Posted by Mike Florio on February 17, 2015, 10:19 PM EST

"....Kelly Naqi of ESPN.com reports that a Patriots locker-room attendant tried to introduce an unapproved kicking ball during the first half of the game between Indianapolis and New England. Investigator Ted Wells has interviewed the attendant, 48-year-old Jim McNally (a part time employee}, regarding the situation.

It’s unknown whether McNally is the same person who, as Jay Glazer of FOX Sports first reported, was spotted by a surveillance camera at Gillette Stadium taking a bag of footballs into a separate area of the venue. ..."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...all-deflation/

New ESPN report conflicts with prior claim of football deflation

Posted by Mike Florio on February 17, 2015, 11:36 PM EST

Comment woodbuck27:

Is this a mess?

No...the NFL is awaiting the 'REAL REPORT" that it'll pay what exorbitant price for !?

Comment woodbuck27:

Like to read? Do you enjoy reading about frustration?

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/02/1...ire-situation/

Hurley: New ESPN DeflateGate Report Paints Problematic Picture Of Entire Situation

By Michael Hurley, CBS Boston ..... February 18, 2015 9:09 AM

Did the NFL issue a report that closed this?
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Did the NFL issue a report that closed this?
    Well's is reportedly close to finishing, but nothing has been finalized or published yet.

But I think they are real.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk · 1h 1 hour ago
    English translation of page 2 of Wells report: "The Patriots cheated."

http://t.co/bhNzbG9LyB

http://t.co/x3UpeANhkP

Not going to lie. I would be vastly more irate if the Packers lost in the SB and I could hang it on this. Just like the Packers not actually losing to the Denver Broncos in '98 Super Bowl.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

They have text messages (Brady refused to turn his over) between locker room guys. Discussed Brady complaining about the level of inflation. Also lead to this clip:

NSFW (language):

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    It's only cheating if it costs you
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Robert is digging in.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...tion-findings/

“What is not highlighted in the text of the report is that three of the Colts’ four footballs measured by at least one official were under the required psi level. As far as we are aware, there is no comparable data available from any other game because, in the history of the NFL, psi levels of footballs have never been measured at halftime, in any climate. If they had been, based on what we now know, it is safe to assume that every cold-weather game was played with under inflated footballs. As compelling a case as the Wells Report may try to make, I am going to rely on the factual evidence of numerous scientists and engineers rather than inferences from circumstantial evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Yea, he is.

There was no smoking gun proof but the preponderance of the evidence certainly shows that dude was fucking with the footballs.

The dude disappoints me he didn't admit looks like his equipment guys were messing with the footballs despite the fact it obviously doesn't give them a huge advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Yea, he is.

There was no smoking gun proof but the preponderance of the evidence certainly shows that dude was fucking with the footballs.

The dude disappoints me he didn't admit looks like his equipment guys were messing with the footballs despite the fact it obviously doesn't give them a huge advantage.
    Their home fumble rates are extremely low. The initial study on it was seriously flawed, but after follow ups and corrections to it, the extraordinary low rate stands.

Now why Brady would be in charge of that is a good question.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I am going to rely on the factual evidence of numerous scientists and engineers rather than inferences from circumstantial evidence.
    #science
    #facts
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    #science
    #facts
    Its not exactly circumstantial. But it is lacking context, they have no measures of other game balls after the game (esp. cold weather). But Kraft's defense also begs the question, why was Brady harping on it when by rule he was able to observe all game ball prep until the day before the game?

Its suggestive that he expected something to happen when he wasn't present.

The report is 243 pages long. https://t.co/jUzm3OhyIn

And Wells all but absolves Kraft, management and Belichick. Its puts it right on Tommy's doorstep.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2h2 hours ago
    Wells report: “We do not believe there was any wrongdoing or knowledge of wrongdoing by Patriots ownership, Belichick or other Pats coach”
    Last edited by pbmax; 05-06-2015 at 02:36 PM.

From Schefter: https://www.facebook.com/AdamSchefte...52058928180082

I can't believe I am linking to Facebook for this. I wonder if the equipment guys have a My Space page.

Crux of Wells Report: "In particular, we have concluded that it is more probable than not that Jim McNally (the Officials Locker Room attendant for the Patriots) and John Jastremski (an equipment assistant for the Patriots) participated in a deliberate effort to release air from Patriots game balls after the balls were examined by the referee. Based on the evidence, it also is our view that it is more probable than not that Tom Brady (the quarterback for the Patriots) was at least generally aware of the inappropriate activities of McNally and Jastremski involving the release of air from Patriots game balls."

Jane McManus ‏@janesports 2h2 hours ago
    A point from @SarahSpain - timing Wells report for this week removed question of whether to take draft picks away from Patriots.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 2h2 hours ago
    Roger Goodell in 2008: “We should reconsider the standard of proof to . . . make it easier for a competitive violation to be established.”

Onion Sports Network ‏@OnionSports 40m40 minutes ago
    In Focus: Nation Can’t Wait To Hear Patriots Fans’ Excuses This Time http://www.theonion.com/r/37819tsd
    Last edited by pbmax; 05-06-2015 at 02:50 PM.

Some of the texts in question, Tommy was giving gear and signing memorabilia for these two guys.

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP 2h2 hours ago
    This is damning for Tom Brady

A reminder about how deflated the balls actually were (short version: not as much as originally reported).

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ers-are-known/
    Last edited by pbmax; 05-06-2015 at 03:03 PM.

Counter-narrative time: Brady Targeted by Framegate

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ort-framegate/