Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Patriot Scandal??

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...tball-testing/

Goodell press conference includes surprising answer about football testing

Posted by Mike Florio on January 31, 2015, 1:07 PM EST

" ...Asked at the Friday press conference by Mike Reiss of ESPNBoston.com regarding whether halftime testing has occurred in the past, Commissioner Roger Goodell provided a surprising response.

“I don’t know the answer to that question,” Goodell said. “That would be something, I presume, that Ted Wells would look into and will provide that information.” ..."

Comment woodbuck27:

This man is paid $ 40 M $ / Year to not know the answer to a question he should know the answer to?
    Yes, because the CEO of a multi-billion dollar industry should know if the balls are checked at halftime.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    This man is paid $ 40 M $ / Year to not know the answer to a question he should know the answer to?
    Exactly.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

saw a note that the nfl will look into changing this stupid rule in the off-season.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Nobody can say these footballs are under-inflated.

that is one fugly outfit. Looks like little kid jammies.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Yes, because the CEO of a multi-billion dollar industry should know if the balls are checked at halftime.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    that is one fugly outfit. Looks like little kid jammies.
    Try this one:

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I prefer this

Go PACK

She does have a wonderful rack.
    C.H.U.D.

C.H.U.D.

Yea ...we're distracted.

A wonder of modern medicine!?

Does she or doesn't she have a breast augmentation?

Does it matter?
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

The case has developed a few holes!

Patriots had one ball well below normal PSI, 10 others were within a "few ticks" of the low end of the spectrum. Of course, since no one knows the numbers, a few ticks could mean anything, though Florio assumes this means Mort's report of 11 balls 2 PSI blow standard was wrong.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...oper-pressure/
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...investigation/

Kraft “really upset” and “ticked off” about Deflategate investigation

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 6, 2015, 7:04 AM EST

Comment woodbuck27:

It appears to me this is more about 2015-16 and winning back to back Super Bowls.

Five total wins in 50 years and all of those in the Bill Belichick - Tom Brady Era.

An impressive goal if it's achieved.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...eryone-did-it/

Jerry Rice admits to cheating, says everyone did it

Posted by Mike Florio on February 7, 2015, 10:28 AM EST

“.... I feel like it’s cheating,” Rice told Jim Rome .... regarding the current controversy regarding whether the Patriots deflated footballs. “Because you have an edge up on your opponent and it’s unfortunate that it happened. I’m not saying the outcome of the game would have been different or anything like that because they (the Colts) got beat 45-7, but they (the Pat's) still had an edge.”

By claiming that “All players did it!” regarding stickum use, Rice is trying to create the impression that he didn’t have an edge.

Regardless, it’s now clear that the greatest receiver of all time cheated — and it’s hard not to wonder whether Rice discovered the glove-stickum combo at some point during a rocky rookie season that featured nearly enough drops to get him benched. ... "

Comment woodbuck27:

If NFL teams and player are cheating and getting away with it or breaking the rules.

That's on the NFL to get a grip on the extent of this and stop it.

Comment woodbuck27:

I've been wondering just how the NFL is going to conclude and resolve this latest; and in my view huge PR disaster. If the New England Patriots are the bad boy. Certainly given all the known facts. The NFL has to be the neglectful bad parent. Roger Goodell the incompetent bad father.

Wind it right back to the known beginning.

This whole investigation of a league rules violation shouldn't be ongoing in terms if the investigation considering that the NFL was aware of the New England Patriots tampering with balls back in November 2014. The question begging then to be answered.

Why was this illegal rules violation dragged out to begin formally, after the AFC Championship game was completed? Would it even have gotten off the ground if Indy LB l D’Qwell Jackson hadn't intercepted a ball in the second quarter of that Championship game and noticed it was soft?

How did the game officials miss this fact of a under inflated football (s)?

It seems the answer of why so many questions should be obvious. The NFL wasn't going to bother with this in any formal manner until it's hand was forced.

Surveys have determined that by far most NFL fans believe that the Patriots are guilty. We've observed all the players 'acting poorly' as they denied this or that. We saw the Patriots Head Coach shrug it all off in shock and total ignorance and then suddenly become the Scientist. Offering the NFL a reasonable to him answer as to why the balls were measured as under inflated because of changing temperatures over time. Nope that didn't seel well at al as others had their say.

We observed the league ignore Tom Brady for days after the investigation was formally announced as open. Wasn't Tom Brady the man that would most benefit most from ball tampering? Then finally he came forward with his unimpressive act; laughing about the ridiculousness of anyone imagining he might cheat.

We've observed the Patriots owner Mr. Robert Kraft demand an apology as a confirmed verdict lacked in his view evidence of guilt on behalf of his organization.

We've observed the NFL Commissioner speak of his ignorance in certain matters. It seems that knowledge of footballs is outside of his job description. Roger Goodell who's paid $40 M$ a year is leaving it all up to some firm hired to investigate the whole matter. Goodell's patiently awaiting their findings.

The question that begs to be answered:

Why Rodger, are you denying awareness of this cheating since November?

"Adam Schefter — who is the most reliable NFL reporter on the planet — has said that the Colts first told the NFL that the Patriots were possibly using underinflated balls in a game in mid-November."

To top it all of and of course that answer for Roger Goodell will come at some later time (not days but stretching weeks) at an exorbitant cost to the NFL.

This whole thing has turned into a circus and sadly at the cost to the games very integrity. This is a PR disaster of the highest order. In any way it's finally spun. Roger Goodell should resign his position after his latest, and really looking inside of it all NFL blunder.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 02-08-2015 at 04:38 AM.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ws-last-night/

Belichick may have inadvertently made news last night

Posted by Mike Florio on February 12, 2015, 4:05 PM EST

Comment woodbuck27:

Holy Stall !

So the big report will arrive for all to see and comment on in March. Then there will be a convening of a panel of selected NFL people to decide the fate of the report. After that and 'only' if necessary we'll be treated to the appeal process and ....

For all that's is sensible...simply ensure that the game balls meet the rules on proper inflation after they arrive on the field.

In a worse case for the Patriots scenario:

Do you punish New England because 'that organization' got caught? All the time, $money$ and dramatics over something the NFL simply fumbled the ball on again. The NFL is going to ruin the game.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...al-teams-ball/

Fresh #DeflateGate wrinkle involves special-teams ball

Posted by Mike Florio on February 17, 2015, 10:19 PM EST

"....Kelly Naqi of ESPN.com reports that a Patriots locker-room attendant tried to introduce an unapproved kicking ball during the first half of the game between Indianapolis and New England. Investigator Ted Wells has interviewed the attendant, 48-year-old Jim McNally (a part time employee}, regarding the situation.

It’s unknown whether McNally is the same person who, as Jay Glazer of FOX Sports first reported, was spotted by a surveillance camera at Gillette Stadium taking a bag of footballs into a separate area of the venue. ..."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...all-deflation/

New ESPN report conflicts with prior claim of football deflation

Posted by Mike Florio on February 17, 2015, 11:36 PM EST

Comment woodbuck27:

Is this a mess?

No...the NFL is awaiting the 'REAL REPORT" that it'll pay what exorbitant price for !?

Comment woodbuck27:

Like to read? Do you enjoy reading about frustration?

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/02/1...ire-situation/

Hurley: New ESPN DeflateGate Report Paints Problematic Picture Of Entire Situation

By Michael Hurley, CBS Boston ..... February 18, 2015 9:09 AM

Did the NFL issue a report that closed this?
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Did the NFL issue a report that closed this?
    Well's is reportedly close to finishing, but nothing has been finalized or published yet.

But I think they are real.