Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Patriot Scandal??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Brady's camp still refused to give the committee any of those texts and e-mails.
    Certainly no one cares about missing emails or servers. No corruption on wrongdoing there. move along. move along.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    The folks in the Wells committee told Brady's attorneys they only wanted communication relevant to the investigation but Brady's camp still refused to give the committee any of those texts and e-mails.
    While a lot of what Lee (Brady's agent) is saying is bullshit, I think he hit on this one
    “Finally, any information we would have provided, and the Wells investigative team did ask us to go through Tom’s phone on our own and provide them with information if we chose to go that route. But as you might surmise if we would have chosen to go that route, any information we would have given them, they probably would have had skepticism about anyway.”
    so they hand over texts, it has nothing incriminating, Wells would've said they withheld stuff.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Do any of the draft guys know what Tom Brady's hand size was for his Combine in 2000? Planning to start a conspiracy theory on Twitter this weekend and it would be good to know how close to reality I am going to be.
    i honestly don't know if they did that back then. i can't find anything on the peytons, brady's or favre's

mine are 8.75 if that helps

and i have a hard time throwing a ball when its cold out

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i honestly don't know if they did that back then. i can't find anything on the peytons, brady's or favre's

mine are 8.75 if that helps

and i have a hard time throwing a ball when its cold out
    Favre's and Rodgers' are both over 9.5. Don't know about Brady.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

I am firmly in the camp of the NFL screwed the pooch. This is obviously hind sight but it doesn't take einstein to figure it out.

1) The NFL could have avoided the bad pub by telling the Patriots "We are on to you, don't ever do it again. We're watching.

2) The official was told of the Colts suspicions before the game. Why in the hell when he lost custody of the balls didn;t he immediately test them knowing a complaint had been lodged?

3) Why does the NFL allow teams to provide the balls and allow a range? Bring a bag of god damn footballs to the game and tell every team the PSI will be 14 and if you don't like it tough shit. The field will also be 100 yards from goal line to goal line. You don't get to customize that either.

1. If that had gotten out Roger would have had bleeding ears from 31 other owners over the "heads up" he gave his buddy Robert K.

2. Not sure, but the one thing more important to the NFL than the rules of the game are TV start times. Maybe he was up against the clock? Officials probably have a checklist of things to do before the game. But good question.

3. Because QB's complained about having balls for the game that weren't broken in.

Its a simple fix. You bring the balls out day before game, or well before game, test them and then lock them up with a lock only the Refs have. Then they take them out to the field at a set time prior to kickoff.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    1. If that had gotten out Roger would have had bleeding ears from 31 other owners over the "heads up" he gave his buddy Robert K.

I had heard that it was routine under Tagliabue to tell teams to "Knock it off".

2. Not sure, but the one thing more important to the NFL than the rules of the game are TV start times. Maybe he was up against the clock? Officials probably have a checklist of things to do before the game. But good question.

Yea, I thought about that...tell the truck to "run another commercial" - it was the late game.

3. Because QB's complained about having balls for the game that weren't broken in.

Its a simple fix. You bring the balls out day before game, or well before game, test them and then lock them up with a lock only the Refs have. Then they take them out to the field at a set time prior to kickoff.

That works too but athletes adapt. If the balls were all the same they'd figure it out quick and practice with the official ones.

Comments in bold.

how bout the nfl uses technology and uses a ball that doesn't have to be inflated with a certain amount of air?

we can send a craft to pluto, but we can't figure out a way to make a solid core football that doesn't need to be inflated or deflated before every game?

some kind of nerf/rubber innards with a leather shell. something that looks the same, performs the same, but something that can't change or degrade over time. like a baseball, or golf ball, but softer on the outside

some kind of nerf/rubber innards with a leather shell. something that looks the same, performs the same, but something that can't change or degrade over time. like a baseball, or golf ball, but softer on the outside
    Here you go:
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Here you go:
    didn't that have a metallic sound when they caught it though?

didn't that have a metallic sound when they caught it though?
    See, making it out of some titanium-like alloy means you can use the same football for the next forty millennia with no degradation. Placekickers need thicker shoes, however.

how bout the nfl uses technology and uses a ball that doesn't have to be inflated with a certain amount of air?

we can send a craft to pluto, but we can't figure out a way to make a solid core football that doesn't need to be inflated or deflated before every game?

NFL supplies the balls, sets a standard pressure and we forget about it. If people keep dicking with the air pressure then I like your idea.

I don't care if Brady gets a suspension. Small price to pay for a SB. If the Patsies don't have to vacate wins, including the SB, then the punishment is meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I don't care if Brady gets a suspension. Small price to pay for a SB. If the Patsies don't have to vacate wins, including the SB, then the punishment is meaningless.

Just to point out, when they re-inflated the balls he was better. After the shit blew up I am guessing the balls were normal during the big game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Just to point out, when they re-inflated the balls he was better. After the shit blew up I am guessing the balls were normal during the big game.
    That seems to suggest your punishment for cheating should be reduced if you are good enough to win without cheating.

If some one uses PEDs, but they are still really good without them, maybe there should be no suspension.

Blog Entries

Maybe, but it would be a tough job.

For instance, over the last few years they tried to introduce a new football with artificial laces. The laces in the new ball would be made of a new material that would be consistent and reduce the manufacturing costs. In the trials of the new balls, there was 100% agreement. All the QB's rejected them, said they felt funny, didn't throw well, etc.

If they couldn't even make a ball with different laces, how would they do at introducing a totally synthetic ball?

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Maybe, but it would be a tough job.

For instance, over the last few years they tried to introduce a new football with artificial laces. The laces in the new ball would be made of a new material that would be consistent and reduce the manufacturing costs. In the trials of the new balls, there was 100% agreement. All the QB's rejected them, said they felt funny, didn't throw well, etc.

If they couldn't even make a ball with different laces, how would they do at introducing a totally synthetic ball?
    why do the players get to decide? players didn't want to wear knee pads either

i'm sure a lot of players haven't likes a lot of the rules that have changed in recent years

if i was the comish, and i wanted to make a change like this, i would tell the players to deal with it, or find new jobs

i mean hell, we live in a day and age where the nfl tells the players what kind of shoes they can wear during games and what headphones they are allowed to wear before and after games
    Last edited by red; 05-09-2015 at 05:49 PM.

Blog Entries
    why do the players get to decide? players didn't want to wear knee pads either

i'm sure a lot of players haven't likes a lot of the rules that have changed in recent years

if i was the comish, and i wanted to make a change like this, i would tell the players to deal with it, or find new jobs

i mean hell, we live in a day and age where the nfl tells the players what kind of shoes they can wear during games and what headphones they are allowed to wear before and after games
    It's a passing league.

QB's do the passing.

if there is a rev to the ball that the QB's don't like, it won't become the game ball.

That the reality of it.

"A one game suspension. That sounds about right to me"

I don't really care what punishment Brady gets, but whatever it is, he needn't bother appealing, since he brought it all on himself.