Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Patriot Scandal??

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk ยท 1h 1 hour ago
    English translation of page 2 of Wells report: "The Patriots cheated."

http://t.co/bhNzbG9LyB

http://t.co/x3UpeANhkP

Not going to lie. I would be vastly more irate if the Packers lost in the SB and I could hang it on this. Just like the Packers not actually losing to the Denver Broncos in '98 Super Bowl.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

They have text messages (Brady refused to turn his over) between locker room guys. Discussed Brady complaining about the level of inflation. Also lead to this clip:

NSFW (language):

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    It's only cheating if it costs you
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Robert is digging in.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...tion-findings/

“What is not highlighted in the text of the report is that three of the Colts’ four footballs measured by at least one official were under the required psi level. As far as we are aware, there is no comparable data available from any other game because, in the history of the NFL, psi levels of footballs have never been measured at halftime, in any climate. If they had been, based on what we now know, it is safe to assume that every cold-weather game was played with under inflated footballs. As compelling a case as the Wells Report may try to make, I am going to rely on the factual evidence of numerous scientists and engineers rather than inferences from circumstantial evidence.

I am going to rely on the factual evidence of numerous scientists and engineers rather than inferences from circumstantial evidence.
    #science
    #facts
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    #science
    #facts
    Its not exactly circumstantial. But it is lacking context, they have no measures of other game balls after the game (esp. cold weather). But Kraft's defense also begs the question, why was Brady harping on it when by rule he was able to observe all game ball prep until the day before the game?

Its suggestive that he expected something to happen when he wasn't present.

The report is 243 pages long. https://t.co/jUzm3OhyIn

And Wells all but absolves Kraft, management and Belichick. Its puts it right on Tommy's doorstep.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2h2 hours ago
    Wells report: “We do not believe there was any wrongdoing or knowledge of wrongdoing by Patriots ownership, Belichick or other Pats coach”
    Last edited by pbmax; 05-06-2015 at 02:36 PM.

From Schefter: https://www.facebook.com/AdamSchefte...52058928180082

I can't believe I am linking to Facebook for this. I wonder if the equipment guys have a My Space page.

Crux of Wells Report: "In particular, we have concluded that it is more probable than not that Jim McNally (the Officials Locker Room attendant for the Patriots) and John Jastremski (an equipment assistant for the Patriots) participated in a deliberate effort to release air from Patriots game balls after the balls were examined by the referee. Based on the evidence, it also is our view that it is more probable than not that Tom Brady (the quarterback for the Patriots) was at least generally aware of the inappropriate activities of McNally and Jastremski involving the release of air from Patriots game balls."

Some of the texts in question, Tommy was giving gear and signing memorabilia for these two guys.

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP 2h2 hours ago
    This is damning for Tom Brady

Jane McManus ‏@janesports 2h2 hours ago
    A point from @SarahSpain - timing Wells report for this week removed question of whether to take draft picks away from Patriots.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 2h2 hours ago
    Roger Goodell in 2008: “We should reconsider the standard of proof to . . . make it easier for a competitive violation to be established.”

Onion Sports Network ‏@OnionSports 40m40 minutes ago
    In Focus: Nation Can’t Wait To Hear Patriots Fans’ Excuses This Time http://www.theonion.com/r/37819tsd
    Last edited by pbmax; 05-06-2015 at 02:50 PM.

A reminder about how deflated the balls actually were (short version: not as much as originally reported).

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ers-are-known/
    Last edited by pbmax; 05-06-2015 at 03:03 PM.

Counter-narrative time: Brady Targeted by Framegate

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ort-framegate/

Maybe Tom Brady dropped in the draft because he isn't that bright:

Andrew Siciliano ‏@AndrewSiciliano 3m3 minutes ago
    It should be remembered, after under-inflated balls were corrected at half, Tom Brady went 12/14 for 131 yards and 2TD in the 2nd half.

Five Thirty Eight finds the statistical evidence in the report persuasive.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/f...tegate-report/

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Yea, he is.

There was no smoking gun proof but the preponderance of the evidence certainly shows that dude was fucking with the footballs.

The dude disappoints me he didn't admit looks like his equipment guys were messing with the footballs despite the fact it obviously doesn't give them a huge advantage.

it also is our view that it is more probable than not that Tom Brady (the quarterback for the Patriots)
    good point

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Yea, he is.

There was no smoking gun proof but the preponderance of the evidence certainly shows that dude was fucking with the footballs.

The dude disappoints me he didn't admit looks like his equipment guys were messing with the footballs despite the fact it obviously doesn't give them a huge advantage.
    Their home fumble rates are extremely low. The initial study on it was seriously flawed, but after follow ups and corrections to it, the extraordinary low rate stands.

Now why Brady would be in charge of that is a good question.

theres actually talk that brady might get suspended

does anyone here think it would actually happen?

the report does seem to say that this wasn't a one time thing, and that brady had the ball boys doing it for a long time

maybe suspended for a preseason game, but i can't see the nfl giving more then a wrist slap to him here, like a 5 digit fine

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Golden Boy? He may get 2 games but the NFL wouldn't dare do much to the sacred Pats.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

I could care less if he gets suspended. The main thing is he's been exposed as a cheater and a liar. That's his scarlet letter to wear.

I hope Tommy Boy gets at least a 2 game suspension and is fined. If he isn't that will set a bad precedence.

How would you like to be the 2 poor schmucks caught in the middle here, the 2 that actually deflated the balls? There is no way in hell they did it on their own. And there is no way in hell they weren't gonna do as Brady asked. Brady isn't gonna lose his job over this and those 2 guys better not either.