Thread: ARE WE GIVING AROD A FREE PASS ??????????????????

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    The calf impacts Rodgers performance even in subtle ways. One example:

Packers final drive, after Rodgers scrambled for 12 ("normal" Rodger would have gotten more than 12) it was clear that his leg was bothering. He hopped and skipped the last four of five steps of the run. Next play, 1st and 10 from Seattle 36, play breaks down, Rodgers releases to his right, with a fair amount of room to run, and Lacy in front of him. Rodgers clearly does not want to run, and shuttles an awkward throw toward Lacy just as Lacy turns to block, thinking Rodgers will run. Pass falls incomplete. "Normal" Rodgers keeps in that situation and picks up a decent gain. Instead, it goes as an incomplete pass.
    Yep. I thought Lacy was crazy to think he was going to run, but I understand that is what he is used to.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Yep. I thought Lacy was crazy to think he was going to run, but I understand that is what he is used to.
    Exactly. A runningback with a more stationary QB stays facing the QB forever, to be available for a pass. Playing with a guy like Rodgers you are conditioned to Rodgers picking up yards in that situation with his legs.