Thread: ARE WE GIVING AROD A FREE PASS ??????????????????

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    where does Arod's average come from?
    My eyeballs? The laws of mathematics? What do you mean? He didn't have a good game , 170 yds passing 1 TD, two picks ,55% completions and he didn't capitalize on 4 first half turnovers from the opposing team to put the game away. In what way did have an average or an above average game? Seattle was beatable, their defense was beatable. His throws were late and off target and his decision making was bad. What other metrics should I use?

Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    My eyeballs? The laws of mathematics? What do you mean? He didn't have a good game , 170 yds passing 1 TD, two picks ,55% completions and he didn't capitalize on 4 first half turnovers from the opposing team to put the game away. In what way did have an average or an above average game? Seattle was beatable, their defense was beatable. His throws were late and off target and his decision making was bad. What other metrics should I use?

It's really as Mike McCarthy might say:

'Fun' to observe.

The Packer Homers here. They have no simple dignity. They'll come up with any number of lame lame excuses for something that's too obvious in their face clear. The responses are over the top hilarious.

I'm certain that certain members of this board put on their stupid hats on the week of an important Packer play off game. Toss another one on top of that when the Packers collapse and lose that game.

Like a bunch a school boys. Yet not exhausting rather incredibly hilarious.

Every year since the last Super Bowl win...it's the same here. "Well .... we won the NFCN !"

That's NOT good enough Homers !

I don't mean to pile on. You've got them now.

Their too easy to handle until you realize what 'Homerism' really does to them.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-22-2015 at 10:30 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

It's really as Mike McCarthy might say:

'Fun' to observe.

The Packer Homers here. They have no simple dignity. They'll come up with any number of lame lame excuses for something that's too obvious in their face clear. The responses are over the top hilarious.

I'm certain that certain members of this board put on their stupid hats on the week of an important Packer play off game. Toss another one on top of that when the Packers collapse and lose that game.

Like a bunch a school boys. Yet not exhausting rather incredibly hilarious.

Every year since the last Super Bowl win...it's the same here. "Well .... we won the NFCN !"

That's NOT good enough Homers !

I don't mean to pile on. You've got them now.

Their too easy to handle until you realize what 'Homerism' really does to them.

Great post woodbuck, but it will be misconstrued by most here. It's really not their fault, the Packer tinted glasses and kool aid do that to them.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Great post woodbuck, but it will be misconstrued by most here. It's really not their fault, the Packer tinted glasses and kool aid do that to them.
    So now we have two theories out there:
    1. TT is wasting ARod's window by not bringing in enough talent to have us win it all. Sign every FA available.
    2. ARod isn't clutch in important games any more and choked.

Which is it?
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    You say he was below average in performance, but his 'average' is collected against all the teams he plays, including a lot of tragically terrible defenses which yield hundreds of yards, offer no pass rush, and have porous secondaries. His average is kept lower by teams with fierce pass rushes, and great secondaries, for example. Not to mention the limitations of his injury. So, if Rodgers plays exactly the same, you would EXPECT much worse results against a team that has been #1 in defense the past two years running (#1 in yards allowed points allowed, and passing yards allowed) than against teams with awful defenses. This isn't a secret. Rodgers didn't have a 'bad game' so much as he played against the best defense.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

You say he was below average in performance, but his 'average' is collected against all the teams he plays, including a lot of tragically terrible defenses which yield hundreds of yards, offer no pass rush, and have porous secondaries. His average is kept lower by teams with fierce pass rushes, and great secondaries, for example. Not to mention the limitations of his injury. So, if Rodgers plays exactly the same, you would EXPECT much worse results against a team that has been #1 in defense the past two years running (#1 in yards allowed points allowed, and passing yards allowed) than against teams with awful defenses. This isn't a secret. Rodgers didn't have a 'bad game' so much as he played against the best defense.
    Utter nonsense. I watched the game. He had a bad game. Good qbs make it happen against tight coverage. The pass rush was not an issue , the o line was spectacular.So the defense , that barely pressured him, caused him to be inaccurate and sloppy, gotcha. Homerism up in this place. Anybody nationally would agree he underperformed

Utter nonsense. I watched the game. He had a bad game. Good qbs make it happen against tight coverage. The pass rush was not an issue , the o line was spectacular.So the defense , that barely pressured him, caused him to be inaccurate and sloppy, gotcha. Homerism up in this place. Anybody nationally would agree he underperformed
    It's not just pressure, it's coverage. And if you've watched Seattle at all other than against the Packers, you'd see them shut down very good passing teams (like the 55 TD broncos last year - did you see that one? Did Manning have a 'bad game'?) And, if you've been watching, since the injury, Rodgers hasn't been throwing quite as well. Nor has he been running much - both of which are essential to his game. So, as I said before, it's not just the defense, but the defense and the injury. Did he otherwise have a sub par game? Hard to say, but I did see him miss a few receivers he could have hit. Probably, but I don't know.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

It's not just pressure, it's coverage. And if you've watched Seattle at all other than against the Packers, you'd see them shut down very good passing teams (like the 55 TD broncos last year - did you see that one? Did Manning have a 'bad game'?) And, if you've been watching, since the injury, Rodgers hasn't been throwing quite as well. Nor has he been running much - both of which are essential to his game. So, as I said before, it's not just the defense, but the defense and the injury. Did he otherwise have a sub par game? Hard to say, but I did see him miss a few receivers he could have hit. Probably, but I don't know.
    Yes manning had a bad game, I would venture to say he had a terrible game. I would throw an even harsher criticism towards Peyton , he is a regular playoff bed wetter . A rod is supposed to be better than Shaun hill, Sanchez, cam, kaepernick though. He is a great regular season qb, and he had one sick super bowl run. But if his lackluster performances in playoff games aren't at least on your mind moving forward as somewhat of a concern, ,I think there is some denial there. When I look at that game I see a wounded animal in Seattle that was begging be put down. The offensive execution failed us, we should have been up by 30 at half. All the other nonsense in the last 5 minutes is irrelevant if the offense does their job, that falls on the coaching of course but it falls heavier on the qb in this situation.

Yes manning had a bad game, I would venture to say he had a terrible game. I would throw an even harsher criticism towards Peyton , he is a regular playoff bed wetter . A rod is supposed to be better than Shaun hill, Sanchez, cam, kaepernick though. He is a great regular season qb, and he had one sick super bowl run. But if his lackluster performances in playoff games aren't at least on your mind moving forward as somewhat of a concern, ,I think there is some denial there. When I look at that game I see a wounded animal in Seattle that was begging be put down. The offensive execution failed us, we should have been up by 30 at half. All the other nonsense in the last 5 minutes is irrelevant if the offense does their job, that falls on the coaching of course but it falls heavier on the qb in this situation.
    This seems nonsensical to me. Rodgers didn't cause Nelson to stumble out of his break, and he didn't call the running plays at the goal line. You have a lot to complain about, but I will just say that I disagree with you about the main reasons for a less than average performance by Rodgers. Again, my evidence is the performance of other good/great QBs against Seattle, and Rodgers' injuries.

[QUOTE=mraynrand;825520]This seems nonsensical to me. Rodgers didn't cause Nelson to stumble out of his break, and he didn't call the running plays at the goal line. You have a lot to complain about, but I will just say that I disagree with you about the main reasons for a less than average performance by Rodgers. Again, my evidence is the performance of other good/great QBs against Seattle, and Rodgers' injuries.[/QUOT

What's nonsensical to me is that the A-rod apology camp talks about the game as though my eyeballs deceived me. He missed a td to jordy on the goal line. He missed him deep(likely a td) on a free play. And he threw a dumb pick to Sherman, and I dont care if he "thought" it was a penalty. If you throw a jump ball you better make sure its a free play and you physically saw the yellow flag. All inaccurate throws. And that is just the first quarter. If you want to argue that a leg injury makes him sporadically accurate, then i cant disprove that i guess. I still think it is silly and a cop out. the guy did not have a good game and Seattle was begging to be beat. Again you had a opposing qb having the worst game of his life, and you couldn't outplay him.

I can only think of one game in his career that he's had a truly bad game and that was the Buffalo game several weeks ago. Otherwise he's been very good since he became our starter.