Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
It's not just pressure, it's coverage. And if you've watched Seattle at all other than against the Packers, you'd see them shut down very good passing teams (like the 55 TD broncos last year - did you see that one? Did Manning have a 'bad game'?) And, if you've been watching, since the injury, Rodgers hasn't been throwing quite as well. Nor has he been running much - both of which are essential to his game. So, as I said before, it's not just the defense, but the defense and the injury. Did he otherwise have a sub par game? Hard to say, but I did see him miss a few receivers he could have hit. Probably, but I don't know.
Yes manning had a bad game, I would venture to say he had a terrible game. I would throw an even harsher criticism towards Peyton , he is a regular playoff bed wetter . A rod is supposed to be better than Shaun hill, Sanchez, cam, kaepernick though. He is a great regular season qb, and he had one sick super bowl run. But if his lackluster performances in playoff games aren't at least on your mind moving forward as somewhat of a concern, ,I think there is some denial there. When I look at that game I see a wounded animal in Seattle that was begging be put down. The offensive execution failed us, we should have been up by 30 at half. All the other nonsense in the last 5 minutes is irrelevant if the offense does their job, that falls on the coaching of course but it falls heavier on the qb in this situation.