Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
I don't know, but it seems to me that offside/encroachment is not a penalty that is missed very often; so yes, I think making assumptions based on it is not extraordinary at all. Besides, you have no idea whether or not he has assumed correctly every other time as you state. He may have assumed incorrectly other times and completed the passes, or he might have thrown simple incompletions. If this had been either of those, complete or incomplete, we wouldn't be talking about it, and wouldn't even know that he thought there was an offside.

You seem to be describing this as an unusually bad throw by AR, yet you seem to also want to minimize the effect his calf injury might have had on it. If it truly was an unusually bad throw, wouldn't you think that unusual conditions (his injury) might be a significant factor?
Well you are right, I can't be sure. I just don't recall any plays in which Aaron treated them as a free play, when there was no penalty. Regardless of the outcome. This is the first time I remember that happening. And I watch a lot of Packers games.

I think the calf affected his mobility and footwork, sure but I do not believe it has that drastic of an effect on his accuracy. He was more accurate and efficient vs Dallas and Detroit and did not make the crucial mistake, in spite of his injury. Yes I know Seattle's defense is tough, but I still watched the game and saw errant throws to OPEN receivers, mis reads, and poor decisions that didn't appear to be affected by a pass rush or suffocating coverage.

What I saw was Aaron playing a crappier version of his typical playoff game, which sadly enough isn't good enough to beat good teams.