Thread: ARE WE GIVING AROD A FREE PASS ??????????????????

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    Lol. Wow. Of course that would be great! Most of the 19 wins came after the Super Bowl win, and we were beaten in our first playoff game that year so yeah that was super fun. I would be happy if we beat every one by 30 points, but when two good teams play each other its usually close. And as a quarterback, close games in the fourth quarter is truly where you cement your legacy. Not beating Minnesota by 40 in October. He had two great games in the Superbowl run, and I will always cherish that run! It was awesome! But that was 4 years ago, and we have an elite qb in his prime, and I am hungry for more.
    How about 45-17 over the Giants and 48-21 over ATL at ATL in the playoffs? We should have blown Pittsburg out of the Super Bowl if James Jones doesn't drop the TD pass to put us up 28-3

6 were part of the 2010 Super Bowl season. 13 were part of the 2011 season.

2 blowouts as part of the 2010 season. 3 blowouts as part of the 2011 season.

I have to laugh at the "I am hungry for more" part. First all fans want to win more. Second, there are 31 other teams that are also trying to win the Super Bowl every year (OK, maybe 20 or so realistically). Just because you have Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees or Russell Wilson doesn't guarantee you should or will win the Super Bowl.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    How about 45-17 over the Giants and 48-21 over ATL at ATL in the playoffs? We should have blown Pittsburg out of the Super Bowl if James Jones doesn't drop the TD pass to put us up 28-3

6 were part of the 2010 Super Bowl season. 13 were part of the 2011 season.

2 blowouts as part of the 2010 season. 3 blowouts as part of the 2011 season.

I have to laugh at the "I am hungry for more" part. First all fans want to win more. Second, there are 31 other teams that are also trying to win the Super Bowl every year (OK, maybe 20 or so realistically). Just because you have Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees or Russell Wilson doesn't guarantee you should or will win the Super Bowl.
    i just said I cherished the superbowl runs. He had 2 great games, the ones you mentioned. I was just pointing out the 13 game winning in 2011 doesn't mean much to me, because the team wet the bed in the first playoff game. The implication seems to be, that because we had a great run where we beat the crap out of a lot of people, the close losses when taking in the entirety of A-rod's career don't matter that much. I couldn't disagree more.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    i just said I cherished the superbowl runs. He had 2 great games, the ones you mentioned. I was just pointing out the 13 game winning in 2011 doesn't mean much to me, because the team wet the bed in the first playoff game. The implication seems to be, that because we had a great run where we beat the crap out of a lot of people, the close losses when taking in the entirety of A-rod's career don't matter that much. I couldn't disagree more.
    No the implication is it is pretty hard to lead your team back from being behind when you win and lead in each and every game going into the 4th quarter.

So for a stretch of 19 games there was no way that ARod could win one of your special "I brought the team back in the 4th quarter points". It couldn't be done.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

No the implication is it is pretty hard to lead your team back from being behind when you win and lead in each and every game going into the 4th quarter.

So for a stretch of 19 games there was no way that ARod could win one of your special "I brought the team back in the 4th quarter points". It couldn't be done.
    Obviously. I enjoy when we lead wire to wire and/or blow people out, but that rarely happens late in the playoffs. Games are tight. I am not faulting him when he doesn't have the opportunity because we were winning the entire 4th quarter. His percentages are low given the opportunities he has had.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Obviously. I enjoy when we lead wire to wire and/or blow people out, but that rarely happens late in the playoffs. Games are tight. I am not faulting him when he doesn't have the opportunity because we were winning the entire 4th quarter. His percentages are low given the opportunities he has had.
    Does the Dallas game count? I mean Arod did bring us back from 21-13 down. Of course we had the ball again and just ran out the clock on our last possession.

-Tim Harmston

Does the Dallas game count? I mean Arod did bring us back from 21-13 down. Of course we had the ball again and just ran out the clock on our last possession.
    Yes it counts. Like I said if you read back a little bit, he made great strides this season in that regard. Dallas, Miami, and NE. Those games he showed great poise and leadership late in the games.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Yes it counts. Like I said if you read back a little bit, he made great strides this season in that regard. Dallas, Miami, and NE. Those games he showed great poise and leadership late in the games.
    How does the NE game count?

We were up 23-14 at half and at the beginning of the 4th quarter. We won 26-21. That doesn't meet the criteria you have thrown out. In fact, it shows that Brady is not clutch.

-Tim Harmston