Thread: ARE WE GIVING AROD A FREE PASS ??????????????????

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Then I am wrong here.

ARod is in fact 66-13 in non-close games. So as a starter ARod has won 57.9% of his start by a large margin. I wonder how that compares to other starting QBs with at least 80 starts.

It also points out that in 114 starts GB has only lost a non-close game 13 times or 11.4%. I wonder how that stacks up against other QBs.
    My analysis only counts games in which we were tied or behind by one possession in the 4th quarter. It doesn't count games in which we were ahead the whole game and ended up winning narrowly.

In going back, I also noticed a distressing amount of games in which we jumped out to a 2+ possession lead, and ended up winning by only one possession.

Quote Originally Posted by th87 View Post
    My analysis only counts games in which we were tied or behind by one possession in the 4th quarter. It doesn't count games in which we were ahead the whole game and ended up winning narrowly.

In going back, I also noticed a distressing amount of games in which we jumped out to a 2+ possession lead, and ended up winning by only one possession.
    To me, that's less a sign of distress and more a sign of managing the clock to guarantee a victory. I'd be more concerned about (if) the games where they had a two possession lead and lost. **cough**
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    To me, that's less a sign of distress and more a sign of managing the clock to guarantee a victory. I'd be more concerned about (if) the games where they had a two possession lead and lost. **cough**
    I just don't like that approach. Dance with the girl who brought you there. There have been too many situations where we've had to rely on a final stop to seal the victory. Finally bit us in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by th87 View Post

I'm imagining:

" I'll take responsibility for that. I like to keep it fun." Mike McCarthy (satire)
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau