Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: ARE WE GIVING AROD A FREE PASS ??????????????????

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

ARE WE GIVING AROD A FREE PASS ??????????????????

So many reasons why that game was f'cked up on so many levels.
    But not many seem to be focusing on Aaron Rodgers
    Does he get a free pass due to the calf ?

Truth be told, all season I said Rodgers needs to be great for the Packers to be very good.

Before the game I'd have said Rodgers needs to be at his best for Green Bay to beat Seattle

TRUTH BE TOLD, Rodgers was below average against Seattle. Two more picks and one TD when Cobb was all alone.

He made a horrible throw on the pick and left points on the board when he misfired to Adams
    I recall a terribly low throw to Cobb that he had to fall down to catch; if that throw is where it should be a drive continues.

And while MM once again proved to be the Anti Hoody Genius when given the chance to bury a team, I do wonder if Rodgers could have audibled here and there.

To me he was very average.

When Aaron Rodgers is average, Green Bay Loses to good teams.

Thoughts .................
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    His weakest games in 2014 were at Detroit and at Buffalo. He had a good statistical game vs. New Orleans, but the defense was gashed, and first Seattle game was a total team let down. The Buffalo game hurt the most because it ended up leading Green Bay away from home field throughout the playoffs where they may have sealed the deal yesterday, although where they played was less important to how they played.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

He didn't have a great game for sure and the calf injury was a big factor. I was upset when he threw the first pick to Sherman....the guy is really freaking good....he should have waited to attack until he was playing with one arm. Everyone saw how bad it was when he went to run for the first down. Is he due some criticism? Sure...why not.
    C.H.U.D.

Rodgers thought he caught the Hawks offside on that interception to Sherman. Average performance for sure, but with a bad wheel against probably the best defense in the NFL I wouldn't put a lot on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    He didn't have a great game for sure and the calf injury was a big factor. I was upset when he threw the first pick to Sherman....the guy is really freaking good....he should have waited to attack until he was playing with one arm. Everyone saw how bad it was when he went to run for the first down. Is he due some criticism? Sure...why not.
    If you look at replays of that first INT Rodgers said he threw it up because Bennett was offsides but didn't get flagged for it.

Does Rodgers get a pass? On this board of course he does. But Favre never would have gotten the same pass by the same people. How about Flynn, had Rodgers been hurt and Flynn put up the exact same numbers. Everyone would be screaming about how bad Flynn is, and if Rodgers would have played it would have been different. Rodgers played, and played pretty poorly therefore he gets a good portion of the blame. Not as much as dumbass stubby though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Does Rodgers get a pass? On this board of course he does. But Favre never would have gotten the same pass by the same people. How about Flynn, had Rodgers been hurt and Flynn put up the exact same numbers. Everyone would be screaming about how bad Flynn is, and if Rodgers would have played it would have been different. Rodgers played, and played pretty poorly therefore he gets a good portion of the blame. Not as much as dumbass stubby though.
    Yes, there was never any Favre worship on this board. That's an absolutely accurate comment.

The injury makes it tough to judge. Is he getting a free pass this year? Yes, because how can I separate out his play from his injury?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Yes, there was never any Favre worship on this board. That's an absolutely accurate comment.

The injury makes it tough to judge. Is he getting a free pass this year? Yes, because how can I separate out his play from his injury?
    I seem to remember some that would bitch about Favre when he would play hurt. They would say he was hurting the team more by playing hurt, than if he would sit out. Perhaps that's true of Rodgers also?

I don't think anyone is really giving Rodgers a pass. I've seen his name come up several times for under performing.

He was erratic, but I don't fault him too much for the picks. It sure looks like Bennett was in the neutral zone on the first pick, and the second pick appeared to be a miscommunication.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Did Manning get a pass for how he played against Seattle in the SB last year? Didn't most attribute the result to the great Seattle defense?

The injury was a huge factor, unfortunately. there were a lot of yards left on the field that Rodgers could have captured running against man/matchup coverage. His run on the final drive showed how hobbled he truly was. Moreover, as PB pointed out, the injury changed what they could do in the offensive backfield.

Still, Rodgers managed the game plan pretty well. It worked and should have given them the win.

What would people be saying right now had bostick blocked, jordy recovered and the Packers run out the clock? You little complaining pissants would be bragging about one of the greatest playoff upsets in history. Man I hate you people.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    What would people be saying right now had bostick blocked, jordy recovered and the Packers run out the clock? You little complaining pissants would be bragging about one of the greatest playoff upsets in history. Man I hate you people.
    It's true! Other than the hate.

Low Profile Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    You little complaining pissants
    There's a vast understatement!

It may sound like I'm making excuses for him, but I will always believe the Packers would be in the Super Bowl if not for the calf injury. Not only did it affect his throws, but it took away his rollouts. Nelson and Cobb were as good as I've ever seen at finding seams in a defense as the QB buys time by rolling out. And when it came time to seal the game with the 4 minute offense, the ball was taken out of his hands.

The calf impacts Rodgers performance even in subtle ways. One example:

Packers final drive, after Rodgers scrambled for 12 ("normal" Rodger would have gotten more than 12) it was clear that his leg was bothering. He hopped and skipped the last four of five steps of the run. Next play, 1st and 10 from Seattle 36, play breaks down, Rodgers releases to his right, with a fair amount of room to run, and Lacy in front of him. Rodgers clearly does not want to run, and shuttles an awkward throw toward Lacy just as Lacy turns to block, thinking Rodgers will run. Pass falls incomplete. "Normal" Rodgers keeps in that situation and picks up a decent gain. Instead, it goes as an incomplete pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    The calf impacts Rodgers performance even in subtle ways. One example:

Packers final drive, after Rodgers scrambled for 12 ("normal" Rodger would have gotten more than 12) it was clear that his leg was bothering. He hopped and skipped the last four of five steps of the run. Next play, 1st and 10 from Seattle 36, play breaks down, Rodgers releases to his right, with a fair amount of room to run, and Lacy in front of him. Rodgers clearly does not want to run, and shuttles an awkward throw toward Lacy just as Lacy turns to block, thinking Rodgers will run. Pass falls incomplete. "Normal" Rodgers keeps in that situation and picks up a decent gain. Instead, it goes as an incomplete pass.
    Yep. I thought Lacy was crazy to think he was going to run, but I understand that is what he is used to.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Yep. I thought Lacy was crazy to think he was going to run, but I understand that is what he is used to.
    Exactly. A runningback with a more stationary QB stays facing the QB forever, to be available for a pass. Playing with a guy like Rodgers you are conditioned to Rodgers picking up yards in that situation with his legs.

Typically, Rodgers is very rarely late on a throw. The last three games, he was often late. The throw intercepted by Sherman was late. Adams initially gained separation and if the throw had been a tick quicker getting there, Adams probably catches it for a TD. As I recall, the incompletion to R. Rodgers on second down just before the FG to tie was also lust a bit late, allowing the LB to tighten up and dislodge the reception. Throwing windows are small in the NFL, and late throws are caught for no yac, are incomplete, or are intercepted. I think Rodgers timing has been off, because he has been moving cautiously, with plodding steps. His drops and movements are slower, disrupting delicate timing. Lastly, he strides more tentaviley into long throws, and probably has less "drive" on his throws. As a result, his unique accuracy was diminished.

Blog Entries
    Typically, Rodgers is very rarely late on a throw. The last three games, he was often late. The throw intercepted by Sherman was late. Adams initially gained separation and if the throw had been a tick quicker getting there, Adams probably catches it for a TD. As I recall, the incompletion to R. Rodgers on second down just before the FG to tie was also lust a bit late, allowing the LB to tighten up and dislodge the reception. Throwing windows are small in the NFL, and late throws are caught for no yac, are incomplete, or are intercepted. I think Rodgers timing has been off, because he has been moving cautiously, with plodding steps. His drops and movements are slower, disrupting delicate timing. Lastly, he strides more tentaviley into long throws, and probably has less "drive" on his throws. As a result, his unique accuracy was diminished.
    Good points. Also, the swirling wind may have played a factor - in both QB's performance.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Good points. Also, the swirling wind may have played a factor - in both QB's performance.
    I'm sure the wind and rain hurt this week, but Rodgers timing and accuracy have been off the last three games. I'm fairly certain the calf has been a major factor in that.

I'm sure the wind and rain hurt this week, but Rodgers timing and accuracy have been off the last three games. I'm fairly certain the calf has been a major factor in that.
    I too think Rodgers' injury was more severe than anyone at 1265 was letting on. Activating Tolzien the past couple of games was telling IMO.