Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
Well maybe we should write Aaron a letter and ask, I don't know. It's hard for me to imagine, given how inconsistent and downright terrible NFL refs can be, that Aaron has assumed correctly every single other time. But maybe you are right. I would argue given the officiating in the NFL, you shouldn't take that risk on an assumption, especially in a playoff game in a stadium where officiating hasn't been our best friend.
And yes the throw was that bad. Late+Off target towards the defender+against best corner in football=bad bad bad throw. Of course he made a great play on the ball, those plays are automatic for him. If Aaron or Adams were not expecting Sherman to make great breaks on thrown balls, then that is a whole other level of incompetence we haven't touched on.
I don't know, but it seems to me that offside/encroachment is not a penalty that is missed very often; so yes, I think making assumptions based on it is not extraordinary at all. Besides, you have no idea whether or not he has assumed correctly every other time as you state. He may have assumed incorrectly other times and completed the passes, or he might have thrown simple incompletions. If this had been either of those, complete or incomplete, we wouldn't be talking about it, and wouldn't even know that he thought there was an offside.

You seem to be describing this as an unusually bad throw by AR, yet you seem to also want to minimize the effect his calf injury might have had on it. If it truly was an unusually bad throw, wouldn't you think that unusual conditions (his injury) might be a significant factor?