Thread: ARE WE GIVING AROD A FREE PASS ??????????????????

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    If a player doesn't do what is expected, then looking at him while throwing doesn't help. See the pass late to Lacy. Same with any back shoulder throw. Most pro passes are thrown before the break.

I don't pretend Rodgers played particularly well. Its a dangerous and tough secondary and he was clearly limited by injury. As Patler has noted, it has been affecting his accuracy since it happened. He was good enough to get into FG range, but not good enough to push it into the end zone. He also missed Cobb on a slant that, if not for stumbling trying to reach low to catch it, would have been a first down rather than short by a yard, resulting in a punt earlier in the game (never saw if he just missed or had to throw around an obstruction).

But I have no agenda on Rodgers. If you travel back in time one full year, I was one of the few harping on the offense's inability to deal with the San Fran defense in their playoff game and not just criticizing Bush for a bad blitz decision or Hyde's poorly timed jump for a possible INT.

I do think the coaches have some share of blame in this game. I would hold Rodgers to a higher standard (and blame him more if he was healthy and played like this). But its very difficult to grade an injured QB except to say it wasn't good enough.
    well I apologize for making assumptions I have only been around a few months. I am just going to be smarting from this loss for a long time. You just don't get a lot of opportunities gift wrapped for you like that. I will not absolve the coaching completely. However no one has told me earnestly they would have not criticized McCarthy had he made different decisions that resulted in a negative outcome. The scheme and strategy was in place, and the defense played out of their minds. The offense and Aaron failed the most in my opinion, for failing to render the last 5 minutes irrelevant.
    And by the way Aaron has been healthy and played just as poorly in Seattle two other times. That's a big reason why I can't buy into the idea that it was all his calf.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    And by the way Aaron has been healthy and played just as poorly in Seattle two other times. That's a big reason why I can't buy into the idea that it was all his calf.
    Well that opens a whole can of worms, because I thought Rodgers played better in the playoff game than those other two games. Of course I also believe that he played worse in 2012 because of an absolutely absurd game plan up until halftime; the point being that there's a lot to look at in those other games besides Rodgers that affected his play including weather conditions.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Well that opens a whole can of worms, because I thought Rodgers played better in the playoff game than those other two games. Of course I also believe that he played worse in 2012 because of an absolutely absurd game plan up until halftime; the point being that there's a lot to look at in those other games besides Rodgers that affected his play including weather conditions.
    week 1 23-33 189 yds 1 td 1 pick. He completed more passes but basically the same number of yards. So we still werent getting chunk plays and first down when we needed to. The difference is our defense was beat up especially in the second half. And Seattle didn't turn the ball over. So I guess we should just expect aaron and the offense to put up 15-20 pts and pass for 180 whenever we play seattle, which we will likely have to moving forward.