Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: ARE WE GIVING AROD A FREE PASS ??????????????????

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    The next thing:

Some of you guys will be saying that Aaron Rodgers is better than Tom Brady.

If that's the case you better hope that MM grows a lot in this off season. Aaron's now three Super Bowl wins away.
    Congratulations Aaron Rodgers on your second NFL MVP Award.

You deserved it hands down.
    So which statement is true? If Aaron deserved the award hands down how can Tom Brady be better?
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    So which statement is true? If Aaron deserved the award hands down how can Tom Brady be better?
    Both statements have merit.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Ah, the rings argument. Nope. I love championships as much as the next guy, but in no plane of existence is Eli Manning a better quarterback than Fran Tarkenton.

Brady is not as good as Rodgers currently. Brady at his peak, that's debatable. He played well in the game today, but could just as easily have been a goat.
    Yeah, it's funny. He threw a pick in the endzone to end their first drive and another INT that gave Seattle the lead. That second INT really looked like it could have been the turning point for a while.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Tom Brady has had a spectacular career, no doubt about that.

Today, a healthy AR is hands down better than Brady.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post

Sure ... sure.

Tom Brady was MVP (3× Super Bowl MVP (XXXVI, XXXVIII, XLIX) and won his 4th Super Bowl Ring yesterday.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 02-02-2015 at 09:43 AM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

I have your new avatar Woody:

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Ah, the rings argument. Nope. I love championships as much as the next guy, but in no plane of existence is Eli Manning a better quarterback than Fran Tarkenton.

Brady is not as good as Rodgers currently. Brady at his peak, that's debatable. He played well in the game today, but could just as easily have been a goat.
    Yes, had Seattle scored and Wilson not thrown that pick everyone would be dissecting Brady's two INTs in that Super Bowl. Right now I'd take Rodgers and his skill set over Brady all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    I have your new avatar Woody:

Thanks for being astute .

That's how I imagine I'll look in heaven. Young and sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post

Hands down?? Are you kidding?? Brady is better than Rodgers, period. More to being a great qb than throwing a nice ball. Brady is as clutch as it gets.. Four game winning drives in the SuperBowl..

The defense basically gift wrapped a packers win against Seattle and he couldn't even sustain a drive less enough come from behind by ten points. No one in their right mind would put rodgers over Brady. Not just all time but right now.
    Draft Brandin Cooks WR OSU!

Call me a homer but I'll take a healthy Rodgers over the current Brady. Brady really struggles with pressure in his face (the end zone pick was horrific) and can't escape like Rodgers can. What was the stat they said last night, Brady was something like 1/23 on passes >20+ yards in his SB career? You can't only compare the NFCCG vs the SB. Brady had the benefit of health, a neutral site, and a Seattle defense missing their nickelback for almost the entire game and Avril for the majority of the second half.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by PaCkFan_n_MD View Post
    Hands down?? Are you kidding?? Brady is better than Rodgers, period. More to being a great qb than throwing a nice ball. Brady is as clutch as it gets.. Four game winning drives in the SuperBowl..

The defense basically gift wrapped a packers win against Seattle and he couldn't even sustain a drive less enough come from behind by ten points. No one in their right mind would put rodgers over Brady. Not just all time but right now.
    Right now, AR won the MVP. I'm sure he would prefer the SB, but he is a better QB than Brady now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Call me a homer but I'll take a healthy Rodgers over the current Brady. Brady really struggles with pressure in his face (the end zone pick was horrific) and can't escape like Rodgers can. What was the stat they said last night, Brady was something like 1/23 on passes >20+ yards in his SB career? You can't only compare the NFCCG vs the SB. Brady had the benefit of health, a neutral site, and a Seattle defense missing their nickelback for almost the entire game and Avril for the majority of the second half.
    A healthy Aaron Rodgers.

Isn't this the same Aaron Rodgers that injured himself falling off the end of the bench?

If it walks like a Homer and it talks like a Homer:

It's likely a Homer.

I have a system for Packerrat HOMERS. 'YOU' don't grade out at four stars.

Only one Packerrat deserves that distinction?

I think Leonard's a section 8.

A healthy Aaron Rodgers.

Isn't this the same Aaron Rodgers that injured himself falling off the end of the bench?

If it walks like a Homer and it talks like a Homer:

It's likely a Homer.

I have a system for Packerrat HOMERS. 'YOU' don't grade out at four stars.

Only one Packerrat deserves that distinction?
    What are you talking about here?

Nobody is saying Brady isn't great but be serious. Rodgers' physical skill set today is much better than Brady's is presently.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post

Nobody is saying Brady isn't great but be serious. Rodgers' physical skill set today is much better than Brady's is presently.
    Should I have inserted the word 'otherwise' between the second and third sentence for more clarity?

I'll try this:

The last two weeks it was:

It's "well ...Aaron Rodgers would have been terrific if he was healthy in Seattle".

Today it's .... "Aaron Rodgers physical skill set is 'much better' than Tom Brady's."

Tom 'is still terrific' Brady just won his FOURTH SUPER BOWL RING.

I'm not going way out on a limb here and I'm sorry if it's shocking:

Aaron Rodgers with Mike McCarthy as his head Coach will not win four Super Bowl Rings.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by PaCkFan_n_MD View Post

On a neutral field, healthy, with Avril and the nickel corner out? I'd take those odds.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    On a neutral field, healthy, with Avril and the nickel corner out? I'd take those odds.
    It's almost like these things don't matter.

I'd bet Belichick would trade Brady for Rodgers straight up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post

Ever since I first came here I've wondered what woodbuck rambles about.

No. Rodgers is the second best qb in the league. Rodgers had better stats than Brady but being great is not just about stats. Brady is number one, this is not even a debate. Its really not. No one leads a team/offense better, no one wants to win more than him, and no one is more clutch. Those attributes are clearly superior to Rodgers. What he did in the fourth quarter is legendary. What do you think the score of that game would have been had the Pats been given 5 turnovers?

Saying Brady is better is not an insult to Rodgers. I think he's the second best QB in the league. With the game on the line, in the biggest stage, with everything on the line, I would be lying if I said I want Rodgers over Brady. Brady won four superbowls with game winning drives, would have 6 if not for a few plays, has been to 9 AFC championship games (almost every year), and lets not forget he's 37. Brady >> Rodgers.
    Draft Brandin Cooks WR OSU!

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Would Rodgers have a healthy leg as well?

I remember on one incompletion there was a straight shot at the first down if Brady scrambled, but he chose to chuck the ball in the dirt instead (the play where Gronk and Sherman collided).