Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: ARE WE GIVING AROD A FREE PASS ??????????????????

I for one don't think we should give AR a free pass, injury or not. He is a highly paid professional, and needs to perform better, injury or not. If he doesn't, he should pay us all. Only then does he get a pass.

FREE pass??? Baloney!!

I'd settle for 5 minutes with Olivia.

Is that wrong? Just to hold hands and talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I for one don't think we should give AR a free pass, injury or not. He is a highly paid professional, and needs to perform better, injury or not. If he doesn't, he should pay us all. Only then does he get a pass.

FREE pass??? Baloney!!
    I can't tell if your serious.

I've been thinking about Aaron Rodgers performance in the NFC championship game since that game began.

I have to develop my post.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

In the Divisional final Vs Dallas Aaron Rodgers numbers were:

24 of 35 (68.6%) For 316 yards and 3 TD and 0 Picks. His QBR was 125.42

All that sure looked encouraging.

In the NFC Championship his numbers:

19 of 34 (55.8%) For 178 yards and 1 TD and 2 Picks. his QBR was 55.76

He was one more week removed from his original calf injury date. He was given comprehensive treatment and afforded every positive measure for more recovery than we observed Vs Dallas.

Members here want to blame his very poor performance on the wind. His QBR fell of almost 70 Points. It was about 55 Points below his avg. QBR for the season.

What really was going on?

It was a lot more than the calf and the wind that threw him off his game folks.

We may never really know what it really was but damn Aaron Rodgers played poorly in the game vs Seattle.

I would love it if that man could be open and honest. To inform us of the TRUTH.

Do I blame him for the loss. He was just another part of that loss. Except 'he' didn't seem to be having a lot of fun.

Here at Packerrats we have or nearly have anointed Aaron Rodgers as the GREATEST QB in NFL History.

So the way he played on Sunday ...to play so much worse than he did Vs Dallas. Now in a huge game pass the ball as poorly as he did and not help more to bury Seattle in that game. I'm simply blown away by what I saw and terribly disappointed as that game was going and flipped the other way.

Give Aaron Rodgers a FREE PASS?

Are you kidding me. This whole thing really really stinks !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-20-2015 at 07:37 PM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Elegantly Wasted Rat All-Pro Noodle's Avatar
    I agree (i think) with Blue Dog, no free pass. He didn't play well, missing some critical throws, with the line bustin' their humps to give him plenty of time in the pocket.

One thing about the calf -- it negated the ability to do effective play action from under center. Damn i would have loved to see some play action on the drive after the last pick, with everyone expecting Lacey to run.

The NFL network is replaying the game right now... minus the ton of commercials (I hope).

I erased my original recording after studying it yesterday and this morning.

I'm recording and keeping this one for some time. To study it with different focuses.

He played well enough for us to win... don't think it is even a matter of saying he gets a pass - he doesn't need a pass.

He was playing against the best defense in the league, in a hostile environment, and at less than 100%. He had receivers drop passes, and the 2nd pick wasn't his fault at all - it was Cobb's fault b/c he stopped his route.

This game was lost by the coaching staff - pure and simple.

I'm not freaking out about the FG's early, although I though the playcalling was putrid - even with those lost points, we still had the game won in the 2nd half, had the game won with 5 minutes left in the game - had the game won, if only MM and dunderdummy coach to win, instead of coach not to lose.

Championship game, you have the chance to close them out - you close them out!!! You don't play timid and hope the clock runs out before you luck runs out. MM and dunderdummy were pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

The players deserved better. The fans deserved better.

TT needs to sit down and have a heart to heart with MM, and dunderdummy needs to be fired - but neither of those things will happen. I seriously doubt we can win another SB with this regime in place. 2010 was a fluke.
    wist

ARod thought he had a free play and he should have had one. They choked it away, but what he's saying is true.

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-pa...penalty-on-int
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

I think the playcalling was worse than Rodgers' play, by far. As far as the interception, offsides is reviewable. So, that, again, falls on McCarthy.

Like I said, this collapse is entirely on the coaching staff...

We have to give them credit for having us in position to win the game, but in that instance I give more of the credit to the players - but that collapse was just breathtaking, and that is entirely on MM and dunderdummy.

MM has definitely earned the title of choker.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Like I said, this collapse is entirely on the coaching staff...

We have to give them credit for having us in position to win the game, but in that instance I give more of the credit to the players - but that collapse was just breathtaking, and that is entirely on MM and dunderdummy.

MM has definitely earned the title of choker.
    This is just amazing. We only give McCarthy and Capers a little dab of credit for the good and 100% of the bad. What exactly should they have done differently when the balls hits Bostick in the damn head? Or on the play that Pepper and Burnett decide that 6 more points aren't necessary? Did Clinton-Dix think Capers was going to throw his toupée at the ball and break up the 2 point conversion?
    McCarthy is a choker? He only has the 15th best winning percentage of any coach in NFL history (.003 behind Belichick). He's #39 all time in playoff winning percentage (.004 behind Holmgren) and a better playoff winning percentage than Don Shula, Mike Ditka, Paul Brown, and Tony Dungy.
    I'm sure just about all of us live and die with the Packers, so I differently get the frustration you have because I have it too. But I just don't see any logic in this.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    I think the playcalling was worse than Rodgers' play, by far. As far as the interception, offsides is reviewable. So, that, again, falls on McCarthy.
    I don't ever remember seeing an offside call being reviewed and I can't find anything online that states it is reviewable. If I'm wrong on this please give an example or a link that states otherwise because I'm at a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    He didn't have a great game for sure and the calf injury was a big factor. I was upset when he threw the first pick to Sherman....the guy is really freaking good....he should have waited to attack until he was playing with one arm. Everyone saw how bad it was when he went to run for the first down. Is he due some criticism? Sure...why not.
    If you look at replays of that first INT Rodgers said he threw it up because Bennett was offsides but didn't get flagged for it.

I'm sure the wind and rain hurt this week, but Rodgers timing and accuracy have been off the last three games. I'm fairly certain the calf has been a major factor in that.
    I too think Rodgers' injury was more severe than anyone at 1265 was letting on. Activating Tolzien the past couple of games was telling IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Packman_26 View Post
    I don't ever remember seeing an offside call being reviewed and I can't find anything online that states it is reviewable. If I'm wrong on this please give an example or a link that states otherwise because I'm at a loss.
    I checked online just now and I can't find an example where offsides is a reveiwable play.

Offsides is NOT reviewable.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

FREE pass??? Baloney!!
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I can't tell if your serious.
    Hi Woodbuck.

You can't? Note my reference to "free", the fact he is "highly paid", my call for him to "pay" us before we grant any pass and my final emphasis of the term "free" in the phrase "free pass". I thought it would be obvious I was kidding!

I'm sorry if I confused you!

Hi Woodbuck.

You can't? Note my reference to "free", the fact he is "highly paid", my call for him to "pay" us before we grant any pass and my final emphasis of the term "free" in the phrase "free pass". I thought it would be obvious I was kidding!

I'm sorry if I confused you!
    I'll try to be 'not confusing':

Aaron Rodgers was way off his normal style of play and his performance was far removed from what anyone should hope for from the NFL's MVP. He played lights out great Vs Dallas. Where was any semblance of a carry over?

The fact he received the best care and treatment in the week after the Dallas win should have enabled a far superior performance than we witnessed last Sunday in Seattle.

Aaron Rodgers play was a let down of considerable proportion and contributing clearly to the loss of the NFC Championship. I picked Seattle to win that game but I never imagined that Aaron Rodgers could look that bad.

He had little fire until his team fell into the hole. Today I'll watch the game for the third time. I don't believe I'll see much to explain 'his fail' in that game.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I'll try to be 'not confusing.'
    promise?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

In the Divisional final Vs Dallas Aaron Rodgers numbers were:

24 of 35 (68.6%) For 316 yards and 3 TD and 0 Picks. His QBR was 125.42

All that sure looked encouraging.

In the NFC Championship his numbers:

19 of 34 (55.8%) For 178 yards and 1 TD and 2 Picks. his QBR was 55.76

He was one more week removed from his original calf injury date. He was given comprehensive treatment and afforded every positive measure for more recovery than we observed Vs Dallas.

Members here want to blame his very poor performance on the wind. His QBR fell of almost 70 Points. It was about 55 Points below his avg. QBR for the season.

What really was going on?

It was a lot more than the calf and the wind that threw him off his game folks.

We may never really know what it really was but damn Aaron Rodgers played poorly in the game vs Seattle.

I would love it if that man could be open and honest. To inform us of the TRUTH.

Do I blame him for the loss. He was just another part of that loss. Except 'he' didn't seem to be having a lot of fun.

Here at Packerrats we have or nearly have anointed Aaron Rodgers as the GREATEST QB in NFL History.

So the way he played on Sunday ...to play so much worse than he did Vs Dallas. Now in a huge game pass the ball as poorly as he did and not help more to bury Seattle in that game. I'm simply blown away by what I saw and terribly disappointed as that game was going and flipped the other way.

Give Aaron Rodgers a FREE PASS?

Are you kidding me. This whole thing really really stinks !
    This is where the injury excuse immediately loses traction. He had better, more efficient games when his calf was worse. Yes of course his mobility would have come in handy, but come on the guy missed a bunch of throws.
    Some he made some he didn't, the ones he didn't were costly. The pick was a really poor throw. Was late and to the inside, essentially making it a jump ball between an all pro and a rookie receiver. Also a play few are talking about, when seattle jumped off early, jordy had is man beat deep and inside and a rod again threw late and short and it was broken up. Should have been a TD or at least a big gain. A lot of his slants were short and the screen passes were sloppy. He choked.....period. The points left on the field were just too much. The defense created 5 turnovers and held a shutout til the 3rd quarter. Wilson with his worst career game as a pro.
    Bostick, fake fg, play calling, all that doesn't matter if a rod and the offense is just average. He deserves ample blame.