Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: ARE WE GIVING AROD A FREE PASS ??????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    The subject has been talked to death in another thread(s). The gist of it is if you have to get over a brick wall to win a game, sometimes it makes sense to jump over the wall rather than keep butting your head against it.
    I get what you are saying, but at that point we were up 12 and the only points Seattle had mustered were on a trick play. Therefore it is inaccurate to say we needed to jump over the wall to win. The clock and the scoreboard were our friend. In hindsight a first down would have been great, however incompletions and especially a turnover were much worse outcomes than us running for no gain.

Quote Originally Posted by th87 View Post
    2011:

NYG: Giants tie game at 35-35 with 1:02 remaining. Packers subsequently drive and kick game winning FG with 0:03 remaining.

2012:

SF: Packers score on Rodgers TD pass to make it 30-22 with 6:09 remaining. Packers defense gets a stop with 3:45 remaining. Packers subsequent drive stalls on down with 0:54 remaining, on the 49ers 45.
    SEA: Packers score with 8:53 remaining to take 12-7 lead. Seahawks subsequently turn the ball over on downs with 2:00 remaining. Packers subsequently go three and out (sounds familiar), and then Fail Mary occurs.
    NO: Packers go ahead 28-27 on Rodgers TD pass with 7:05 remaining. Saints drive and miss a FG with 2:54 remaining. Packers subsequently convert a first down to end the game.
    IND: Colts take a 22-21 lead with 8:08 left. Subsequent Packers and Colts drives stall. On the following drive, Packers score TD and miss 2-point conversion with 4:34 remaining. Colts subsequently drive and score TD and 2-point conversion to make it 30-27 with 0:39 remaining. Packers drive to Colts 33 and miss tying FG with 0:08 left.
    MIN: Down 27-24, Packers kick FG with 12:25 remaining. Vikings subsequently drive and score a TD with 8:03 left. Packers subsequently drive and score a TD with 2:57 remaining. Vikings subsequently drive and kick game winner with 0:03 left.
    Whoops, missed a couple in 2012:

@DET: Lions take 20-14 lead with 4:25 remaining. Packers drive and Rodgers throws go-ahead TD with 2:02 remaining. Defense subsequently forces a turnover on downs, and Packers add another FG.
    DET: Tied 17-17 going into the 4th. Packers drive and score go-ahead TD with 10:49 remaining. Packers stop subsequent Lions drive, and themselves drive for another FG. Packers make two more stops to end the game.

Would be nice if the NFC championship caused McCarthy to reevaluate his conservative attitude in the 4th quarter of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    I agree. Lacy had three plays to get a first down after Burnett's interception. He didn't do his job and failed to execute. Fire Lacy...or maybe fire the OL. They didn't do their job either.
    Running for a first down or not blocking for the first down happens in games. The other team has to play too.

Vacating your responsibilities as a blocker on the hands team for an onside kick in an attempt to be the hero that took the team to the Super Bowl? That was the biggest error. Had he kept his head down looking to block someone, no one would care about the play calling. In fact, everyone would be heralding it as the right decisions.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

2013:

@SF: 49ers take a 24-21 lead with 14:21 left. Next Packers and 49ers drives stall. On subsequent drive, Packers drive quickly to score a TD with 8:32 left. 49ers then score on subsequent drive with 5:51 remaining. Packers next drive stalls, and 49ers grind out a long drive capped off by a FG with 0:30 remaining. Subsequent Packers drive runs out of time.
    @CIN: After losing a 30-21 lead, Bengals score on a fumble return to take a 34-30 lead. Packers subsequently drive to Bengals 20, where they turn it over on downs, and Bengals run out the clock.
    @BAL: Ravens score to cut Packers lead to 2 (19-17) with 2:07 remaining. Packers offense then picks up first downs and runs out the clock.
    @CHI: Down 28-27, Rodgers throws long TD pass to take 33-28 lead with 0:46 remaining. Defense holds to close out the game.

Playoffs:
    SF: Packers kick FG to tie, 20-20, with 5:09 remaining. 49ers subsequently drive to kick game winning FG at the end of regulation.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Would be nice if the NFC championship caused McCarthy to reevaluate his conservative attitude in the 4th quarter of games.
    I doubt it, he was right to be conservative in that game with a one legged quarterback that was making poor throws and poor decisions. Now he might want to reevaluate how he is preparing people to execute in late game situations.

2014:

@MIA: Down 24-20, the Packers receive the ball with 2:04 remaining. Packers subsequently drive and score game winning TD pass with 0:06 left.
    NE: Packers score FG with 8:45 remaining to extend lead to 26-21. Packers are then able to run out the clock with good defense and picking up first downs.
    @BUF: Packers receive the ball with 2:07 remaining, down 19-13. Rodgers then suffers a sack/fumble, resulting in safety, effectively ending the game.

Playoffs:
    DAL: Down 21-20, Rodgers throws TD strike with 9:10 remaining. The following drive results in the Bryant non-catch by rule, and the Packers are able to drive to run out the clock.
    @SEA: Seattle scores TD and 2-point conversion to go ahead 22-19 with 1:33 remaining. Packers then drive to Seahawks 30 to kick tying FG with 0:19 left. We know what happens next.

Only two or so games in that stretch are due to a Rodgers choke. You can find more from Peyton and Brady easily. Nobody is perfect.

Only two or so games in that stretch are due to a Rodgers choke. You can find more from Peyton and Brady easily. Nobody is perfect.

All analysis taken fron th87 posts in this thread>

2009... Post #364

** TB: Bucs take 31-28 lead with 4:20 remaining. Subsequent Packers and Bucs drives stall. On the next Packers drive, on 4th and 12 from their own 11, with 0:52 remaining, Rodgers throws a pick 6, which effectively ends the game.

** Playoffs: AZ: Rodgers throws TD to tie game with 2:00 remaining. Cards drive to GB 16 and miss FG with 0:14 left. Packers receive in OT, and Cards score on a Rodgers fumble return.

2010... Post #365

** WAS: Redskins tie game at 13-13 with 1:11 remaining. Packers drive to WAS 35, where Crosby misses FG. In OT, Packers and Redskins drives stall. On subsequent Packers drive, Rodgers throws INT at GB 39. Redskins drive and kick winning FG.

2013 ... Post #385

** @SF: 49ers take a 24-21 lead with 14:21 left. Next Packers and 49ers drives stall. On subsequent drive, Packers drive quickly to score a TD with 8:32 left. 49ers then score on subsequent drive with 5:51 remaining. Packers next drive stalls, and 49ers grind out a long drive capped off by a FG with 0:30 remaining. Subsequent Packers drive runs out of time. (This loss is shared with Packers 'D')

** @CIN: After losing a 30-21 lead, Bengals score on a fumble return to take a 34-30 lead. Packers subsequently drive to Bengals 20, where they turn it over on downs, and Bengals run out the clock. (most of us remember that one 'the fumble game'.)

2014 ... Post #387

** @BUF: Packers receive the ball with 2:07 remaining, down 19-13. Rodgers then suffers a sack/fumble, resulting in safety, effectively ending the game.

That's then 'only' six games in six seasons that are on ...or 'partially on' Aaron Rodgers and the Packers Offense.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

And who's to say it hasn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    And who's to say it hasn't?
    We'll see this season.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 02-05-2015 at 04:53 PM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    I get what you are saying, but at that point we were up 12 and the only points Seattle had mustered were on a trick play. Therefore it is inaccurate to say we needed to jump over the wall to win. The clock and the scoreboard were our friend. In hindsight a first down would have been great, however incompletions and especially a turnover were much worse outcomes than us running for no gain.
    Seattle was moving the ball in the second half, just not scoring:
    With 10:53 to go in the 3rd quarter, Seattle had a 6 minute drive, moving the ball from their own 22 yard line to the Packers' 19. Moreover, Wilson and Lynch were beginning to come to life (Wilson had a 29 yard completion to Baldwin, and Lynch had solid runs of 11 and 12 yards.

In the 4th quarter, in the Seattle series just before Burnett's interception, Seattle moved the ball from their own 13 yard line to the 50 yard line, with Lynch having two more solid runs of 13 and 11 yards.
    The conversation starts here if you're interested in the details.

You say the clock was our friend. I don't understand how that can be if you don't run the clock down. The only way you run it down is to get a first down. And I don't understand how you get a first down with one hand tied behind your back, namely half your offense...your passing game.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Based on the "4th Quarter Comeback" game analysis for a Rodgers-led offense, here are the numbers I've come up with:

1. Total opportunities to tie or go ahead:

2008: 8
    2009: 6
    2010: 5
    2011: 1
    2012: 7
    2013: 4
    2014: 4
    Total: 35

2. Wins:

2008: 0/8
    2009: 2/6
    2010: 1/5
    2011: 1/1
    2012: 3/7
    2013: 1/4
    2014: 2/4
    Total: 10/35

3. Of losses, times tied with a chance to add:

2008: 2/8
    2009: 1/6
    2010: 2/5
    2011: 0/1
    2012: 0/7
    2013: 0/4
    2014: 0/4
    Total: 5/35

4. Of losses, times lead taken, lead given up by defense, but still time to win:

2008: 2/8
    2009: 0/6
    2010: 0/5
    2012: 1/7
    2014: 0/4
    Total: 4/35

5. Of losses, times lead or tie achieved, but defense gave up lead/tie with no chance to come back:

2008: 0/8
    2009: 1/6
    2010: 2/5
    2012: 2/7
    2014: 1/4
    Total: 7/35

6. Times unsuccessful in achieving tie or go-ahead score:

2008: 4/8 (2 missed FGs)
    2009: 2/6
    2010: 0/5
    2012: 1/7
    2014: 1/4
    Total: 9/35

So in conclusion, the Rodgers-led Packers are 10-25 in close (one score) games in which they were behind in the 4th quarter.

Of the 25 losses, 7 are truly and completely the defense's fault.
    Therefore, of the 25 losses, the Packers had a reasonable chance to win in 18 of them.

So I'd say that Rodgers' adjusted record in close games is 10-18. This is definitely something I'd like to see him improve.

So in conclusion, the Rodgers-led Packers are 10-25 in close (one score) games in which they were behind in the 4th quarter.

Therefore, of the 25 losses, the Packers had a reasonable chance to win in 18 of them.

So I'd say that Rodgers' adjusted record in close games is 10-18. This is definitely something I'd like to see him improve.
    Outstanding effort and analysis here th87:

Repped !

Comment woodbuck27:

Aaron Rodgers Post NFCC game Presser.

I'm not agreeing that Aaron Rodgers was 'bitching' in this video.

He was obviously disappointed as he and the Green Bay Packers expected to win that game.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus

OK, now do Brady
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    OK, now do Brady
    Take it to the Garbage Can.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Outstanding effort and analysis here th87:

Repped !
    Thanks Woody!

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar

Fire Rodgers!!!!!