Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: ARE WE GIVING AROD A FREE PASS ??????????????????

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    not really. He had a couple of stretches of pretty good play, with some ragged play in the middle.
    Yes, against Dallas in the first half of the game Rodgers didn't play up to his usual standards.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Was what we saw in Aaron Rodgers play Vs Dallas an illusion? No ... Aaron Rodgers was outstanding Vs Dallas.

As fans we should have expected more from the NFL MVP vs Seattle. Is that trophy tarnished with that Seattle defeat? Did his poor play emphasize just how valuable decent play is for any chance of a Green Bay Packer win?

Suddenly it's the calf injury as an excuse. Some want to make it about conditions such as wind.

I saw a QB that didn't have enough 'FIRE" in him to ensure he was all there to get the job done.

Is this where his legacy will be defined? A QB that simply can't do it in the clutch. Wasn't that a criticism of Brett Favre!? Will the same stand as a description of Aaron Rodgers?

A deemed 'Greatest QB in NFL History'... That QB didn't exist in Seattle; until his last efforts in regulation to get in position for the game tieing FG he seemed far too casual to me.

Aaron Rodgers was a big reason for the worst 2nd half flop for any NFC team in history.

** He can blame officiating on his first pick but he threw that pick.

** Aaron Rodgers may be clearly justified in any annoyance in terms of play calling. Aaron Rodgers is stuck with Mike McCarthy.
    How can anyone observing watching on television tell if Rodgers didn't have enough "fire" inside him to get the job done? I'm with mraynrand. I suspect his injury and playing the best defense in the league contributed to his sub par play in Seattle.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    How can anyone observing watching on television tell if Rodgers didn't have enough "fire" inside him to get the job done? I'm with mraynrand. I suspect his injury and playing the best defense in the league contributed to his sub par play in Seattle.
    I can observe Aaron Rodgers as he was in that game. I can measure from an observable standpoint and compare his performance based in other games that I've watched 'LIVE" and over again in recordings countless times.

I've watched it now three times. I'll watch it again and again and I'll not see anything different.

Aaron Rodgers had 'no Fire in him' in that game. Aaron Rodgers had excellent protection for by far the most part in that game to make plays and his QBR describes 'in part' just how off he was.

I have experience as a Leader...a Coach... a competitive athlete .... a Teacher...a Supervisor.

I can see without prejudice. I can report what I see.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

I can observe Aaron Rodgers as he was in that game. I can measure from an observable standpoint and compare his performance based in other games that I've watched 'LIVE" and over again in recordings countless times.

I've watched it now three times. I'll watch it again and again and I'll not see anything different.

Aaron Rodgers had 'no Fire in him' in that game. Aaron Rodgers had excellent protection for by far the most part in that game to make plays and his QBR describes 'in part' just how off he was.

I have experience as a Leader...a Coach... a competitive athlete .... a Teacher...a Supervisor.

I've been in competitive situations where I had the fire but I was off my game. Some days you can't miss and on others you can't hit the broad side of a barn.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus

and you can be wrong. again.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Replays do tend to have a certain sameness to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Don't fret too much. This is woody's tired old cliche. Rodgers didn't have a perfect game? Not enough fire. Obviously.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Wrong thread, lol... sorry
    wist

Rodgers looked pretty pumped up after throwing the TD to Cobb.

Ask yourself this WB, was Rodgers not playing well because he didn't have enough fire? Or was he not fiery because he didn't have much to get excited about?
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post

Ask yourself this WB, was Rodgers not playing well because he didn't have enough fire? Or was he not fiery because he didn't have much to get excited about?
    Or is "playing with fire" entirely unidentifiable from a viewer's perspective?
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Or is "playing with fire" entirely unidentifiable from a viewer's perspective?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post

His reaction after that TD pass was all Aaron Rodgers.

Andrew Quarless 'got the look' when he dropped that perfect pass 'right' to his numbers for a critical 3rd down play for naught.

Irregardless of the fact that he only threw for one TD I looked for more emotion from him.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

I looked for more emotion from him.
    Works for the Jaguars

What would you do if Rodgers can be no more accurate on the bad wheel? Have him take a seat and put Flynn in? How do we judge how injured he was?

Precisely what was to be done differently? You win with the players you have on the field, not their Platonic ideal. Not enough made enough plays.

The antidote is not to insist, somehow, that Rodgers play better when injured or that Bostick, Peppers or Burnett get smarter in the offseason. Its to choose a strategy to maximize leverage when you have it. They at least should have valued a first down more than a negative run that drains clock at the end. And they should have valued another shot at a TD on at least one of their first two trips down to the 1 yard line.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    What would you do if Rodgers can be no more accurate on the bad wheel? Have him take a seat and put Flynn in? How do we judge how injured he was?

Precisely what was to be done differently? You win with the players you have on the field, not their Platonic ideal. Not enough made enough plays.

The antidote is not to insist, somehow, that Rodgers play better when injured or that Bostick, Peppers or Burnett get smarter in the offseason. Its to choose a strategy to maximize leverage when you have it. They at least should have valued a first down more than a negative run that drains clock at the end. And they should have valued another shot at a TD on at least one of their first two trips down to the 1 yard line.
    I don't have a problem with McCarthy being conservative on the goal line. Just my opinion. He didn't feel comfortable because Seattle was getting such great penetration in those situations. You are right we don't know how Rodgers injury affected his accuracy, but I would bet if you asked him honestly he would say he missed a lot of plays that he should have made, injured or not. My insistance is that he needs to play better in the playoffs. That is the one consistent thing I have taken away from our playoff losses since 2010. He has underperformed. i don't see us having a shutdown defense any time soon, so we need to be able to win games by scoring over 20 points. Yes the coaching staff needs to revamp their schemes and strategies, but your MVP quarterback has to maximize the opportunities presented to him. He has failed to do that too often in my opinion. If he doesn't step up and play better in the playoffs we will continue to lose. That is the one variable that I feel is certain.

Seahawks DB Earl Thomas Hops On The ‘Aaron Rodgers Is Basically Black’ Bandwagon

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/seahaw...ack-bandwagon/

Under performed just covers too much ground.

He had difficulty with the 49ers and their Cover 2 taking away what they do best. So is the solution to change the QB performance or do something with the offense? M3's answer was to lean heavier on the run game to make the team pay for playing Cover 2. Outside of running short crossing stuff like the Patriots and Broncos, that might be the Packers best answer until they find a TE who can also extract a price from a Cover 2.

Prior to Lacy, if you were a team that plays Cover 2 and can't rush the passer (recent Bears or current Bucs) then Rodgers will just move and wait for Cobb or Nelson to find a hole in the zone.

Last year with screens and this year with shakedowns, we began to see the old Holmgren WCO answer to tight coverage.

The Seahawks are another matter entirely. The Packers can run on them, but not when they leverage against it. However, this Packers team can pass block them, and in single safety, someone will be open. A healthy Rodgers puts 30 on this year's banged up Seahawks defense.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Under performed just covers too much ground.

He had difficulty with the 49ers and their Cover 2 taking away what they do best. So is the solution to change the QB performance or do something with the offense? M3's answer was to lean heavier on the run game to make the team pay for playing Cover 2. Outside of running short crossing stuff like the Patriots and Broncos, that might be the Packers best answer until they find a TE who can also extract a price from a Cover 2.

Prior to Lacy, if you were a team that plays Cover 2 and can't rush the passer (recent Bears or current Bucs) then Rodgers will just move and wait for Cobb or Nelson to find a hole in the zone.

Last year with screens and this year with shakedowns, we began to see the old Holmgren WCO answer to tight coverage.

The Seahawks are another matter entirely. The Packers can run on them, but not when they leverage against it. However, this Packers team can pass block them, and in single safety, someone will be open. A healthy Rodgers puts 30 on this year's banged up Seahawks defense.
    For what it is worth I have issues with the schematics at times too. To me questioning a play call or game management decision is always so convenient when it doesn't work. If the opposite decision was made, (ie throwing instead of running the clock down and going for it on 4th and goal) with a negative outcome, there would be just as much criticism. That's why I have to look at execution first and foremost, with the opportunities the scheme presented. And the opportunities were ample, and enough to win that game. Even if you want to blame 100% of the accuracy issues on the calf, (which I find absurd but let's say that for arguments sake), the decision making and mental focus was poor. I'm not sure how you can argue that. Both interceptions were easily avoidable, and were momentum killers. There are other examples through out the game, but just omit those 2 bonehead decisions and we win that game. The scheme and coaching will never be perfect and will always be subject to the criticism of hindsight. Aaron will also never be perfect, but he needs to be much more smart and efficient for us to win more championships.

Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    For what it is worth I have issues with the schematics at times too. To me questioning a play call or game management decision is always so convenient when it doesn't work. If the opposite decision was made, (ie throwing instead of running the clock down and going for it on 4th and goal) with a negative outcome, there would be just as much criticism. That's why I have to look at execution first and foremost, with the opportunities the scheme presented. And the opportunities were ample, and enough to win that game. Even if you want to blame 100% of the accuracy issues on the calf, (which I find absurd but let's say that for arguments sake), the decision making and mental focus was poor. I'm not sure how you can argue that. Both interceptions were easily avoidable, and were momentum killers. There are other examples through out the game, but just omit those 2 bonehead decisions and we win that game. The scheme and coaching will never be perfect and will always be subject to the criticism of hindsight. Aaron will also never be perfect, but he needs to be much more smart and efficient for us to win more championships.
    Saying decision making by the QB is poor is just the same hindsight as questioning the play calling.

Cobb has said he made the wrong adjustment on his, so we can bypass the problem with Rodgers execution on that one.

I would love to learn how you are able to deduce a players "focus" level from watching on TV. Is it the same method as determining their "fire"?