Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: ARE WE GIVING AROD A FREE PASS ??????????????????

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

Something was abnormally wrong with Aaron Rodgers in the NFC Championship game.
    I think he had a calf injury
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

We have members here that actually or seem to me to believe that Aaron Rodgers is the 'GREATEST NFL QB Ever !

Is there any accounting for such delusion?

Greatness isn't a label you attach to a QB:

a) Who has in 11 play off games A 6-5 RECORD.

b) Take away the 2010-11 season has a 2 W - 4 L play off record.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-30-2015 at 02:55 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I think he had a calf injury
    I heard whispers about that. Didn't think much of it at the time but you might be on to something!
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

We have members here that actually or seem to me to believe that Aaron Rodgers is the 'GREATEST NFL QB Ever !

b) Take away the 2010-11 season has a 2 W - 4 L record.
    Ya, he's pretty good.

Why would you take away the 2010 season - unless you are deliberately trying to make him look worse? LOL funny stuff, woody. Here's an idea - take away all Rodger's TD passes and then ask - what has he really done? Not much, man. What a loser! No TDs! And some people are trying to say he's the greatest guy since Jesus! At least Earl Thomas likes him, even if stalwart Packer fans like Woody have abandoned him!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    By all means go ahead.....

I am surprised since joining this forum, at just how many people are not willing to put appropriate blame on Rodgers in general. I assumed it was a fringe-ish kind of thing, but apparently it is a vast majority.
    I think there's a pretty even handed view out there about his play. Most will call it as they see it. He was on the loser list for the game after all:

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...ckers-Seahawks

I think he's had a good share of blame come his way for the loss.

Jumbo Rat HOFer

b) Take away the 2010-11 season has a 2 W - 4 L record.
    Good-bye Marino. We hardly knew you.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Good-bye Marino. We hardly knew you.
    usually the conversation goes from irrational to rational the further you get from the game, but with Woody, it can be a crap shoot

If you take away all of Eddie Lacy's runs over 10 yards, he's not very productive.

If you take away all of Clay Matthews' sacks and pressures, he's a pretty average linebacker

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Under performed just covers too much ground.

He had difficulty with the 49ers and their Cover 2 taking away what they do best. So is the solution to change the QB performance or do something with the offense? M3's answer was to lean heavier on the run game to make the team pay for playing Cover 2. Outside of running short crossing stuff like the Patriots and Broncos, that might be the Packers best answer until they find a TE who can also extract a price from a Cover 2.

Prior to Lacy, if you were a team that plays Cover 2 and can't rush the passer (recent Bears or current Bucs) then Rodgers will just move and wait for Cobb or Nelson to find a hole in the zone.

Last year with screens and this year with shakedowns, we began to see the old Holmgren WCO answer to tight coverage.

The Seahawks are another matter entirely. The Packers can run on them, but not when they leverage against it. However, this Packers team can pass block them, and in single safety, someone will be open. A healthy Rodgers puts 30 on this year's banged up Seahawks defense.
    For what it is worth I have issues with the schematics at times too. To me questioning a play call or game management decision is always so convenient when it doesn't work. If the opposite decision was made, (ie throwing instead of running the clock down and going for it on 4th and goal) with a negative outcome, there would be just as much criticism. That's why I have to look at execution first and foremost, with the opportunities the scheme presented. And the opportunities were ample, and enough to win that game. Even if you want to blame 100% of the accuracy issues on the calf, (which I find absurd but let's say that for arguments sake), the decision making and mental focus was poor. I'm not sure how you can argue that. Both interceptions were easily avoidable, and were momentum killers. There are other examples through out the game, but just omit those 2 bonehead decisions and we win that game. The scheme and coaching will never be perfect and will always be subject to the criticism of hindsight. Aaron will also never be perfect, but he needs to be much more smart and efficient for us to win more championships.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Wow, just looking up Marino's numbers.

He put over 5,000 yards in 1984 with 48 TDs. Then he went for 4,000+ the next two seasons.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/ar..._head_18182558

Rodgers Correlation: Feroscious Front Four Debunked.

By: Thomas Hobbs

Comment woodbuck27;

Does Aaron Rodgers have a particular weakness vs certain defenses? This article endeavours to answer certain questions in regards of how a team might get and edge over Aaron Rodgers skills.

ie ... Is he weaker Vs strong Defensive Lines or the Cover-2 defense as that question came up in 2013?
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

For what it is worth I have issues with the schematics at times too. To me questioning a play call or game management decision is always so convenient when it doesn't work. If the opposite decision was made, (ie throwing instead of running the clock down and going for it on 4th and goal) with a negative outcome, there would be just as much criticism. That's why I have to look at execution first and foremost, with the opportunities the scheme presented. And the opportunities were ample, and enough to win that game. Even if you want to blame 100% of the accuracy issues on the calf, (which I find absurd but let's say that for arguments sake), the decision making and mental focus was poor. I'm not sure how you can argue that. Both interceptions were easily avoidable, and were momentum killers. There are other examples through out the game, but just omit those 2 bonehead decisions and we win that game. The scheme and coaching will never be perfect and will always be subject to the criticism of hindsight. Aaron will also never be perfect, but he needs to be much more smart and efficient for us to win more championships.
    Saying decision making by the QB is poor is just the same hindsight as questioning the play calling.

Cobb has said he made the wrong adjustment on his, so we can bypass the problem with Rodgers execution on that one.

I would love to learn how you are able to deduce a players "focus" level from watching on TV. Is it the same method as determining their "fire"?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Saying decision making by the QB is poor is just the same hindsight as questioning the play calling.

Cobb has said he made the wrong adjustment on his, so we can bypass the problem with Rodgers execution on that one.

I would love to learn how you are able to deduce a players "focus" level from watching on TV. Is it the same method as determining their "fire"?
    It's easy to dismiss criticism as "hindsight." I would love to learn how one deduces that critical comments are motivated by "hindsight" rather than an honest difference of opinion on tactics or strategy.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    It's easy to dismiss criticism as "hindsight." I would love to learn how one deduces that critical comments are motivated by "hindsight" rather than an honest difference of opinion on tactics or strategy.
    so would I. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Does this apply?

“When you are up to your ass in alligators, it’s easy to forget you came to drain the swamp.”

He was looking right at that group of players, you should watch some of the detailed replays...he didn't have to throw the ball just because Cobb ran the wrong break. I get that is is snap second timing, but he could have not thrown the ball. And the pick to Sherman was an awful decision. Throwing up a jumpball banking on Davante freaking Adams vs arguably the best corner in the game is stupid. Also on the last drive he throws a back shoulder to Richard Rodgers and a long sideline route to James Starks(low percentage plays), missing open Nelson and Adams underneath for first down yardage.

Basically what you are saying is you can't critique any of Aaron's performance form the NFC championship game. All of it was out of his hands. Accuracy, execution, and decision making are not his fault. It's silly. Really I expect Aaron to step up, and some of you come up with one excuse after another. First it was the calf, then the defense, now the calf , and the coaching, and the receivers, and his sandy vagina. HE COULDN'T OUTPLAY A QB HAVING A CAREER WORST DAY HANDING HIM A TRIP TO THE SUPER BOWL! He wet the bed. Sorry.

You have an agenda, and that is the coaching is bad and that's what needs to change. Therefore removing any accountability from the qb is absolutely necessary.

You have an agenda, and that is the coaching is bad and that's what needs to change. Therefore removing any accountability from the qb is absolutely necessary.
    I love that you've left room for compromise

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Nope. The only way to know a person's motivations is to be that person. And even then the knowledge is not 100% reliable.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    so would I. Any ideas?
    If you can tell me with a straight face you wouldn't have criticized different decisions that also resulted in negative outcomes then ok.

You guys act like it's a no brainer to have your gimpy sloppy qb throwing the ball up by 12 with 5 minutes left. Again if he had thrown incomplete passes on all 3 downs you would have bitched about the ridiculous coaching. Or God forbid an interception with 5 minutes left! And if on several of the 4th and short plays had we been stuffed and turned the ball over instead of getting fgs you would have bitched about that too.

I see a lot of circular logic here. Aaron had a bad game because of of his calf and the defense, causing him to be inaccurate and make bad decisions. YET, McCarthy is an idiot for not trusting him to convert first downs and complete passes without making mistakes when the clock running was our best friend.. ????? Can't have it both ways.