Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: ARE WE GIVING AROD A FREE PASS ??????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I love that you've left room for compromise

Touche.....

This debate is just frustrating to me. I've never heard someone say that both accuracy and decision making are not the quarterbacks fault.

" You have an agenda, and that is the coaching is bad and that's what needs to change. Therefore removing any accountability from the qb is absolutely necessary. " yetisnowman

No ....don't be fooled yetisnowman.

Your correct in terms of their defense of anything anti Aaron Rodgers. You'd think their all 'mothers for their son'.

If you post anything -ve on Mike McCarthy your favorite beer pub quickly turns to cool aid on tap.

The claws and fangs really come out. You'd better have your armor on or have a normal sense of humor.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-30-2015 at 03:33 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    " You have an agenda, and that is the coaching is bad and that's what needs to change. Therefore removing any accountability from the qb is absolutely necessary. " yetisnowman

No ....don't be fooled yetisnowman.

Your correct in terms of their defense of anything anti Aaron Rodgers. You'd think their all 'mothers for their son'.

If you post anything -ve on Mike McCarthy your favorite beer pub quickly turns to cool aid on tap.

The claws and fangs really come out. You'd better have your armor on or have a normal sense of humor.
    Woody, you know this is incorrect. Plenty of criticism to go around.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    Touche.....

This debate is just frustrating to me. I've never heard someone say that both accuracy and decision making are not the quarterbacks fault.
    I don't think that's what's going on - I think people are just not agreeing with yours - and others' assessment of levels of inaccuracy or specific decisions being 'wrong' versus being either a 'less worse' decision than another or just a reasonable decision gone wrong.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    It's easy to dismiss criticism as "hindsight." I would love to learn how one deduces that critical comments are motivated by "hindsight" rather than an honest difference of opinion on tactics or strategy.
    That would depend entirely on the quality of the objection and the nature of how its applied.

In this case, there is an argument being made that Rodgers must ID the flag being thrown before taking such a risk with a deep ball. But since that is very unlikely to be possible (flags of offside or encroachment come from the sideline and can be delayed), such shot plays would disappear as would the benefits. And that cost is quite high, the Packers have made a living on them. It very much helps their pass pro.

So we have an error and the identified solution is to essentially never risk it again because of the one bad outcome. That is just hindsight telling you there was one worst case outcome. No analysis that demonstrates the effect of the one outcome on the balance of the advantage or leverage the play accrues to the offense over the course of the season.
    Last edited by pbmax; 01-30-2015 at 04:07 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

He was looking right at that group of players, you should watch some of the detailed replays...he didn't have to throw the ball just because Cobb ran the wrong break. I get that is is snap second timing, but he could have not thrown the ball. And the pick to Sherman was an awful decision. Throwing up a jumpball banking on Davante freaking Adams vs arguably the best corner in the game is stupid. Also on the last drive he throws a back shoulder to Richard Rodgers and a long sideline route to James Starks(low percentage plays), missing open Nelson and Adams underneath for first down yardage.

Basically what you are saying is you can't critique any of Aaron's performance form the NFC championship game. All of it was out of his hands. Accuracy, execution, and decision making are not his fault. It's silly. Really I expect Aaron to step up, and some of you come up with one excuse after another. First it was the calf, then the defense, now the calf , and the coaching, and the receivers, and his sandy vagina. HE COULDN'T OUTPLAY A QB HAVING A CAREER WORST DAY HANDING HIM A TRIP TO THE SUPER BOWL! He wet the bed. Sorry.

You have an agenda, and that is the coaching is bad and that's what needs to change. Therefore removing any accountability from the qb is absolutely necessary.
    If a player doesn't do what is expected, then looking at him while throwing doesn't help. See the pass late to Lacy. Same with any back shoulder throw. Most pro passes are thrown before the break.

I don't pretend Rodgers played particularly well. Its a dangerous and tough secondary and he was clearly limited by injury. As Patler has noted, it has been affecting his accuracy since it happened. He was good enough to get into FG range, but not good enough to push it into the end zone. He also missed Cobb on a slant that, if not for stumbling trying to reach low to catch it, would have been a first down rather than short by a yard, resulting in a punt earlier in the game (never saw if he just missed or had to throw around an obstruction).

But I have no agenda on Rodgers. If you travel back in time one full year, I was one of the few harping on the offense's inability to deal with the San Fran defense in their playoff game and not just criticizing Bush for a bad blitz decision or Hyde's poorly timed jump for a possible INT.

I do think the coaches have some share of blame in this game. I would hold Rodgers to a higher standard (and blame him more) if he was healthy and played like this. But its very difficult to grade an injured QB except to say it wasn't good enough.
    Last edited by pbmax; 01-30-2015 at 04:24 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    If a player doesn't do what is expected, then looking at him while throwing doesn't help. See the pass late to Lacy. Same with any back shoulder throw. Most pro passes are thrown before the break.

I don't pretend Rodgers played particularly well. Its a dangerous and tough secondary and he was clearly limited by injury. As Patler has noted, it has been affecting his accuracy since it happened. He was good enough to get into FG range, but not good enough to push it into the end zone. He also missed Cobb on a slant that, if not for stumbling trying to reach low to catch it, would have been a first down rather than short by a yard, resulting in a punt earlier in the game (never saw if he just missed or had to throw around an obstruction).

But I have no agenda on Rodgers. If you travel back in time one full year, I was one of the few harping on the offense's inability to deal with the San Fran defense in their playoff game and not just criticizing Bush for a bad blitz decision or Hyde's poorly timed jump for a possible INT.

I do think the coaches have some share of blame in this game. I would hold Rodgers to a higher standard (and blame him more if he was healthy and played like this). But its very difficult to grade an injured QB except to say it wasn't good enough.
    well I apologize for making assumptions I have only been around a few months. I am just going to be smarting from this loss for a long time. You just don't get a lot of opportunities gift wrapped for you like that. I will not absolve the coaching completely. However no one has told me earnestly they would have not criticized McCarthy had he made different decisions that resulted in a negative outcome. The scheme and strategy was in place, and the defense played out of their minds. The offense and Aaron failed the most in my opinion, for failing to render the last 5 minutes irrelevant.
    And by the way Aaron has been healthy and played just as poorly in Seattle two other times. That's a big reason why I can't buy into the idea that it was all his calf.

And by the way Aaron has been healthy and played just as poorly in Seattle two other times. That's a big reason why I can't buy into the idea that it was all his calf.
    Well that opens a whole can of worms, because I thought Rodgers played better in the playoff game than those other two games. Of course I also believe that he played worse in 2012 because of an absolutely absurd game plan up until halftime; the point being that there's a lot to look at in those other games besides Rodgers that affected his play including weather conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Well that opens a whole can of worms, because I thought Rodgers played better in the playoff game than those other two games. Of course I also believe that he played worse in 2012 because of an absolutely absurd game plan up until halftime; the point being that there's a lot to look at in those other games besides Rodgers that affected his play including weather conditions.
    week 1 23-33 189 yds 1 td 1 pick. He completed more passes but basically the same number of yards. So we still werent getting chunk plays and first down when we needed to. The difference is our defense was beat up especially in the second half. And Seattle didn't turn the ball over. So I guess we should just expect aaron and the offense to put up 15-20 pts and pass for 180 whenever we play seattle, which we will likely have to moving forward.

I don't think it's a fair assessment to throw our hands up and attribute Rodgers' struggles against Seattle as "oh he was injured and facing a good team." Too high level.

We saw what we saw, and it was uncharacteristic sloppiness from him. On the first interception, Rodgers customarily confirms whether the offsides flag was actually thrown before he takes the shot deep. In this particular instance, he did not. I don't know what happened on the second one, but I hadn't seen such bad communication throughout the season. It was a bad time for it to show up then. It seems weird that a player could be so stellar with avoiding interceptions throughout the season, and then make two really bad unforced errors (unless it was only on Cobb). There were also other unforced misses - the big one to Cobb over the middle and the short throw also to Cobb that prevented the first down.

I pretty much have no way to prove this, but I do think that Rodgers can start to play tight in the playoffs if things aren't going his way (sometimes he breaks out of it though once he gets into rhythm). In the regular season, I see an easy-going and relaxed player, but in the playoffs, I see him yell at himself more and look skyward. Tightening up can cause him to miss passes he normally makes routinely.

This is obviously not to say that he isn't the best player in the NFL - he is. There is nobody I'd rather have at QB probably ever.

Quote Originally Posted by th87 View Post
    On the first interception, Rodgers customarily confirms whether the offsides flag was actually thrown before he takes the shot deep.
    Please provide some evidence of this.

In past cases, it has been evident (to me) that he knows the flag has been thrown. Offsides flags would ordinarily be visible to the quarterback.

Jesus, it is the quarterback's responsibility to see the flag and be sure it is a penalty before just chucking up a ball that is likely to be picked. In your eyes is the quarterback responsible for anything in a football game?

Quote Originally Posted by th87 View Post
    In past cases, it has been evident (to me) that he knows the flag has been thrown. Offsides flags would ordinarily be visible to the quarterback.
    OK, what was evident?

Flags are thrown from the sidelines on the LOS yard marker. They can often be delayed. The only time Rodgers does't throw is if the Ref or Ump blow the play dead (unabated to QB or similar). How does this square with he knows the flag has been thrown?

Jesus, it is the quarterback's responsibility to see the flag and be sure it is a penalty before just chucking up a ball that is likely to be picked. In your eyes is the quarterback responsible for anything in a football game?
    Please cite your source. Rodgers avoids INTs at a historic rate. What logic or evidence is there that this rule exists anywhere other than your imagination?

Please cite your source. Rodgers avoids INTs at a historic rate. What logic or evidence is there that this rule exists anywhere other than your imagination?
    Yes he does avoid interceptions at an historic rate, his interception rate would be worse if he just chucked up prayers assuming there were defensive penalties. Do you watch NFL games? Why would you ever assume a penalty in the NFL seriously? I don't need a source, there are no sources on something that obscure and obvious. It's logic. Do you have source stating that its not the qb's responsibility to be sure its a penalty? So let me get this straight, if an NFL qb THINKS there should be a defensive penalty, he should finish the play as though there is one, and is therefore absolved of any responsibility for the outcome of that play?

On the first pick (Richard Sherman) Aaron Rodgers made a bad pass inside and to coverage. That ball was going to be a pick if the play was live.

As viewers we know when the QB has a 'Free Pass' because we see the penalty and/or flag and the announcer/color guy informs us of that 'Free Play'.

There is this:

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...game/22173121/

16 plays that cost Packers in NFC title game

Ryan Wood, Press-Gazette Media 10:48 p.m. EST January 22, 2015

" Situation 1: Third-and-10, GB ball on SEA 29, 11 minutes, 23 seconds left in first quarter.

Play: Seattle's Richard Sherman intercepts Rodgers' pass intended for Davante Adams in the end zone. It was a curious decision from Rodgers, throwing a jump ball across the field against the NFL's top cornerback. Rodgers later said he thought Seattle defensive end Michael Bennett was offsides, something the film confirms.

Potential impact: The Packers were in field goal range, so at least three points. "
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-31-2015 at 09:14 PM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

The NFL gave Rodgers a Free Pass.

2 time NFL MVP as of tonight.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    The NFL gave Rodgers a Free Pass.

2 time NFL MVP as of tonight.
    I'm watching the show right now.

What time zone are you on?

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I'm watching the show right now.

What time zone are you on?
    The future.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.