Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A DYNASTY WE ARE NOT

Blog Entries
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

There are no No NFL dynasties any more. The NFL does as much as it can to create parity, to prevent dynasties and to foster player movement. As good as NE has been with Brady, after a flurry of early SB wins, he hasn't been able to win still another for 10 years.

That said, the golden opportunities that have slipped away sure have been frustrating for Packer fans.

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Probably not, but what still burns me is this could have been the start of a good run. Rogers still in his prime, defense better than last few years. But that is what is great about football, there is always hope for next year.

I fear that the roster peaked in 2014, there may be critical FA losses, for instance Bulaga

They had 5 terrific starters on O-line for playoff run. How often does Pack have 5 healthy studs in December?
    Last edited by Harlan Huckleby; 01-21-2015 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I fear that the roster peaked in 2014, there may be critical FA losses, for instance Bulaga

They had 5 terrific starters on O-line for playoff run. How often does Pack have 5 healthy studs in December?
    If that's all they feel they need for another shot, they'll make signing Bulaga a priority.

I feel like the defense is finally starting to play well and might be set up for a solid 2-3 year run (ARPH). Our safeties had one hell of a game on Sunday, 2 pt fail aside. It's just too damn bad they couldn't capitalize with the game in hand.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Green Bay also does not have to worry about Rodgers contract and should be able to take advantage of cap increases over the next couple of years before they need to deal with him again. They're in a pretty good spot in terms of being able to sign some of their players and maybe pick up an FA or two.

Seattle will have to pay Wilson very soon and will have to let other guys go. They paid Wagner and some guys in the secondary but it's apparent they'll need to find some OL/DL talent soon or they are going to get pushed around the field.

Who else is on the horizon with a top quarterback locked up? Atlanta, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post

Who else is on the horizon with a top quarterback locked up? Atlanta, maybe.
    The Bears with Cutler.

I believe we need to see a significant presence from Ted Thompson in this off seson in terms of pulling out all the stops to best ensure a Super bowl win next season.

The time is now !

Rather than lament the past and Green Bay @ Seattle and failure in the NFC Championship (again under this regeime).

It's full on time for Packer Nation to rally around 'a push ' to do all necessary for a Super Bowl win next season.

Anything short of a Super Bowl win in 2015 isn't acceptable and should demand big changes. It's now time to shit or get off the pot.

That should have began right after the loss in Seattle. A game that turned out very winnable was simply tossed away. The Green Bay Packers blew a rare opportunity last Sunday and must ensure that's amended in 2015. The Green Bay Packers musn't fail in 2015.

The TT and MM 'comfort level' must end with both of them doing everything possible to ensure the most positive results in 2015.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I dunno - a twenty two year run with playoff appearances almost every year, three SB appearances and two Lombardi trophies, the Packers are as much a dynasty as you can have in the modern FA and draft era.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries
    Nothing like setting the bar high.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I believe we need to see a significant presence from Ted Thompson in this off seson in terms of pulling out all the stops to best ensure a Super bowl win next season.

The time is now !

Rather than lament the past and Green Bay @ Seattle and failure in the NFC Championship (again under this regeime).

It's full on time for Packer Nation to rally around 'a push ' to do all necessary for a Super Bowl win next season.

Anything short of a Super Bowl win in 2015 isn't acceptable and should demand big changes. It's now time to shit or get off the pot.

That should have began right after the loss in Seattle. A game that turned out very winnable was simply tossed away. The Green Bay Packers blew a rare opportunity last Sunday and must ensure that's amended in 2015. The Green Bay Packers musn't fail in 2015.

The TT and MM 'comfort level' must end with both of them doing everything possible to ensure the most positive results in 2015.
    I am sorry to hear about your constipation. Empty rhetoric aside, what specific "presence" do you want Thompson to have during the offseason? Re-signings? Who? Free agents? Who?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    After every season TT takes the next 3 months off until the NFL Draft. That is why GB isn't winning Super Bowls. Sarcasm alert!

Posts like woodbucks makes laugh. To insinuate that TT isn't looking at every player possible and trying to win the Super Bowl is crazy.

There are 32 teams in the NFL all trying to assemble the best roster possible with a limited amount of money they can spend. This isn't MLB where you can sign anyone and everyone as long as you can pay them.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    To insinuate that TT isn't looking at every player possible and trying to win the Super Bowl is crazy.
    perhaps you have stumbled upon a very important truth.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    After every season TT takes the next 3 months off until the NFL Draft. That is why GB isn't winning Super Bowls. Sarcasm alert!

Posts like woodbucks makes laugh. To insinuate that TT isn't looking at every player possible and trying to win the Super Bowl is crazy.

There are 32 teams in the NFL all trying to assemble the best roster possible with a limited amount of money they can spend. This isn't MLB where you can sign anyone and everyone as long as you can pay them.
    ^^^^

Exactly. People may look at the $27-30 million in cap room and get dreams of FAs dancing in their heads. But there's always a trade off. So maybe you sign a Dez Bryant or Julius Thomas type player in FA at $8 to $16 million a year. Suddenly half of your cap room is gone and you still have resign Bulaga, Cobb, etc. Are you fine with letting one go? Both go?

I'd like to see the Packers "make a move" if players are out there at a good cost, but don't go nuts and try to buy as many vets as possible to win. The Broncos tried that, and they're probably a team that's going to regress with their aging roster.

This makes me happy.

Since McGinn wrote it, the Packers are about to win back-to-back superbowls. Maybe even 3 in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    This makes me happy.

Since McGinn wrote it, the Packers are about to win back-to-back superbowls. Maybe even 3 in a row.
    Good point!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    I am sorry to hear about your constipation. Empty rhetoric aside, what specific "presence" do you want Thompson to have during the offseason? Re-signings? Who? Free agents? Who?
    There will come that time for what I know 'more fully' what is necessary.

A good start would be for TT to show us he's alive.

Have you even seen Ted Thompson yet after that loss?

Already there are members here that have offered clear changes that they expect made.

a) Fire Shawn Slocum "That will mean the Family Comfort Circle" has to be disrupted. Ted Thompson manage this !?

b) Release ILB's AJ Hawk and Brad Jones.

c) Sign RT Bryan Bulaga and WR Randall Cobb (sign BJ Raji or otherwise bolster the middle of the DL) and (sign Tramon Williams to a reduced contract)

d) Sign a top flight talent in FA to fortify the pass rush.

e) Find a #4 WR.

f) Find an upgrade at TE

g) Strengthen the CB position

I agree with all of these except I'm hesitant RE: BJ Raji. I can't see this man contributing much as he was in 2013 and now he has a year removed from the game.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    There will come that time for what I know 'more fully' what is necessary.

A good start would be for TT to show us he's alive.

Have you even seen Ted Thompson yet after that loss?
    Perhaps you missed the entire JSO postgame interview with select comments from Thompson.

Would you rather have a Jerry Jones type pacing the sideline? Coming down and making suggestions on what players should be in?

Already there are members here that have offered clear changes that they expect made.

a) Fire Shawn Slocum "That will mean the Family Comfort Circle" has to be disrupted. Ted Thompson manage this !?
    When McCarthy cleaned house with his defensive staff, it took a week. And that's MM's part of the team, not TT's.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    Perhaps you missed the entire JSO postgame interview with select comments from Thompson. .......... The rest of the post deleted as it doesn't pertain to anything 'where is/was TT'?
    I watched the pressers of MM and AR and some of the players that made themselves available on NFL.COM.

I havn't seen anything from TT nor was I aware such was available till just now.

Thanks ... I'll look for that.

I just checked that and for some reason even though adjust my settings using the tools bar on Explorer. I cannot see video on JSO.

Did Ted Thompson express anything worthwhile and RE: the Packer future? Changes that he felt needed to be made?

I'll be surprized if he offered anything of merited worthiness.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-21-2015 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post

When McCarthy cleaned house with his defensive staff, it took a week. And that's MM's part of the team, not TT's.
    It's been suggested here by members that maybe? TT has to manage by managing to push MM to get rid of Shawn Slocum.

I post that being aware of some common background and TT and SS as I recall that.