Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Next year

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Does GB win the game if it is in GB this year?

Did they lose the Super Bowl in Buffalo?
    Yes.

If you can add I stud like Houston at OLB, who the hell played better than Clay Matthews the last 8 weeks of the year at Mlb?? What like 9 sacks since week 8 including playoffs. What other MLB is capable of doing that? Houston, Peppers, Neal, Perry outside. Clay/Barrington/draft pick inside. Rodgers turns 32 next December, this is a good time to focus on short term needs. As you saw this year with Manning..father time is not kind to everyone.
    Draft Brandin Cooks WR OSU!

Chiefs will franchise Houston if they can't work out a long term deal
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Chiefs will franchise Houston if they can't work out a long term deal
    Probably right. If so, I'd target David Harris from the Jets. Move Clay back outside in that case.
    Draft Brandin Cooks WR OSU!

Rodgers today again insisted that Hawk was not healthy at the end of the year with multiple ailments.

No word on Matthews.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Hawk, love the guy but he is done. Time to move on.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

I think it had as much to do with the lack of receiving targets as pass protection. Only Nelson and Cobb were consistent game in game out. Development from Adams/Rodgers and turning 2 targets into 4 would be huge. Rodgers caught some balls down the seam in the back half of the year but it was from teams ignoring him as much as anything else. Maybe he can become the safety blanket in the middle of the field.
    I expect TT to make a push for a Super bowl win next season. It's now the time to piss or get off the pot.

No more losing or piddle paddle excuses for losing. It's all about what's necessary to win and nothing else cuts it.

** The Packers need to win more on the road.

** I liked what I saw over the season in Davante Adams and Richard Rodgers. Will they progress? See Jarrett Boykin. Also it's important to share the glory. Mike McCarthy has a tendency to call plays based on his idea of target goals. He needs to call plays that always serves the best opportunity for wins.

** We have one TE and that's Richard Rodgers. Clean house on the rest. Carrying deadwood at TE for ST assignment?

Get another 'difference maker' TE !

** We need beef in the middle of the DL ( I've a bad feeling about retaining BJ Raji). We need an explosive DE.

** We need two upgrades ay LBer (maybe 3 ... Will Peppers deliver in 2015?). Most here assume that Hawk and brad Jones are done.

Is Ted Thompson in your camp?

We'll determine in this off season just what TT really is ! That failure in Seattle 'rang his bell' RE: any member of Packer Nation wanting to see another Super Bowl while Aaron Rodgers realistically has the ability to lead.

** We need Aaron Rodgers to be 100% in the playoffs and the Packer OL capable to support him.

** TT has to make some smart moves in terms of the Packer Secondary.

Tramone Williams will be older. Sam Shields didn't progress. Morgan Burnett balanced that for our Secondary with an outstanding bounce back season. Ha Ha Clinton Dix was a good player overall as a Rookie. I noticed Vs Seattle that his tackling technique improved.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    What do we need to win the game besides a healthy AR

Cobb re-signed would be good.

Bulaga re-signed

Draft WR, ILB and a Run Stuffing DT and DE.

Everything else seems ready for next season.

Really tried that reverse mojo last game and it didn't work...damn it!
    Tony Oday for GM!

I'm hoping that Kendricks falls to GB in round 1. I've heard good things about that kid and he would be a big upgrade at ILB. Of course, red would be an upgrade at ILB.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    No word on Matthews.
    Just rely on body language to figure it out. Or analyze some pig intestines.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Just rely on body language to figure it out. Or analyze some pig intestines.
    Or just go off of what LeRoy Butler has to say. Whatever it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Tony Oday for GM!

I'm hoping that Kendricks falls to GB in round 1. I've heard good things about that kid and he would be a big upgrade at ILB. Of course, red would be an upgrade at ILB.
    Probably would be there in Round 1. Right now he's rated in an area that could make him a reach in Round 1, but have him unavailable when the Packers pick in Round 2.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I expect TT to make a push for a Super bowl win next season. It's now the time to piss or get off the pot.

** I liked what I saw over the season in Davante Adams and Richard Rodgers. Will they progress? See Jarrett Boykin. Also it's important to share the glory. Mike McCarthy has a tendency to call plays based on his idea of target goals. He needs to call plays that always serves the best opportunity for wins.

** We have one TE and that's Richard Rodgers. Clean house on the rest. Carrying deadwood at TE for ST assignment?

** We need beef in the middle of the DL ( I've a bad feeling about retaining BJ Raji). We need an explosive DE.

Sam Shields didn't progress.
    What type of push should TT make? Should he sacrifice long term plans for the next year? For the next 2 years?

I'm confused on your MM playcalling gripe? I am assuming it has to do with his statement that he wanted to get to 20 carries in the second half Sunday? Seems a strange complaint to make considering the Packers led the league in scoring and the complaint with MM for the majority of the year was that the Packers weren't running the ball enough.

I agree with you on the TE's and Shields being a disappointment after receiving the big deal.

You don't think Raji will be back? He had a cold FA reception and I expect it will be even chillier this year. I think the Packers bring him back on another 1 year "prove-it" deal.
    Go PACK

What type of push should TT make? Should he sacrifice long term plans for the next year? For the next 2 years?
    Upgrade the team to be significantly stronger in pass rush. Find a couple of upgrades. He can try to do that with the aid of players restructuring to give the team a significant boost to win the Super Bowl next season without mortgaging it's future.

" I'm confused on your MM playcalling gripe? " Bossman641

It's OK to be confused. Aaron Rodgers was confused with MM's play calling. Many NFL analysts weren't confused with MM's play calling. It was soundly picked apart. That fact is all over the internet if you investigate you'll find much criticism or evidence that Mike McCarthy had alternatives that he generally elected to go conservative with.

Mike McCarthy called the second half like he had a playbook in one hand and 'a white flag' in the other'.

That man coach's a big game with too much fear. He needs all from Aaron Rodgers for any chance to win. Aaron Rodgers needs the same back from Mike McCarthy. That was certainly 'not there' last Sunday.

You'd have to be blind or 'stubborn silly' to not see it.

This speaks mountains:

Fr: http://www.foxsports.com/wisconsin/s...eahawks-011915

" ..."You look at those first 55 minutes and it speaks for itself," Cobb said.

Cobb led Green Bay in targets (10), catches (7) and had the team's only receiving touchdown. But in between the time of his sixth reception and his final catch, the Packers had gone from a 16-7 lead to a 22-19 deficit. ..."

Then I'll add this Article that certainly doesn't lean heavy on Aaron Rodgers as the main reason for the loss and collapse:

http://www.foxsports.com/wisconsin/s...eahawks-011815

5 things we learned: Packers at Seahawks.

BY: Paul Imig FOX Sports , Wisconsin

"You don't think Raji will be back? He had a cold FA reception and I expect it will be even chillier this year. I think the Packers bring him back on another 1 year "prove-it" deal." Bossman641

I expect he'll be back also. I simply don't TRUST in any significant contribution.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-24-2015 at 12:12 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Mike McCarthy called the second half like he had a playbook in one hand and 'a white flag' in the other'.
    He called the game the same as he calls it when he has a better than one score lead in the 4th quarter. If viewers didn't recognize

Its easy for TV set jockeys, former players (who never called the plays) or Ty Dunne to criticize a strategy when it doesn't work. They all tut-tutted about Belichick going for it on 4th down in his own territory versus the Colts when it didn't work. That's just the bias of hindsight. And ignorance of probability.

The problem is much more nuanced than you or they wish to know. Everyone thinks the answer is emotional fortitude. That is, of course, the wrong way to think about it. This is the same coach who gets routinely criticized for being willing to take shots on 3rd and short and a myriad number of calls is now suspected from having shrunk in the spotlight. Its an ad hoc argument at best.

The question that needs to be asked is the Packer rushing offense, which McCarthy did think would be able to run on Seattle's depleted front seven, good enough to win the game on its own at 5 minutes left? From one game, the answer is no but it still took other factors to tilt the field over to the Seachickens. 5 runs did cost Seattle their TOs but not nearly enough time. There is also the fact that Seattle was selling out over the run.

Howard is probably right that simulations would probably show this as a victory in the majority of situations. So it might have been the right call in most circumstances. But I also think Rand is right that the five run stategy couldn't take enough time off the clock. That such a strategy needed to rely on another defensive stand and possibly an onside kick recovery. That was a lot to ask of a Defense that Seattle had begin to solve (though they had closed the door in a similar situation in Miami and New England). Expected onside kicks succeed only 20% of the time, so the leverage on that play was very good. But I think I trust the Packer O more than the Packer ST even at 80% likelihood to succeed.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I'm confused on your MM playcalling gripe? I am assuming it has to do with his statement that he wanted to get to 20 carries in the second half Sunday? Seems a strange complaint to make considering the Packers led the league in scoring and the complaint with MM for the majority of the year was that the Packers weren't running the ball enough.

I agree with you on the TE's and Shields being a disappointment after receiving the big deal.

You don't think Raji will be back? He had a cold FA reception and I expect it will be even chillier this year. I think the Packers bring him back on another 1 year "prove-it" deal.
    I think we'll bring Raji back too. He won't break the bank by any means and he is much better at nose than DE. Guion is pretty good but having both of these guys rotating in and out would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Probably would be there in Round 1. Right now he's rated in an area that could make him a reach in Round 1, but have him unavailable when the Packers pick in Round 2.
    Depending on where one looks he is a reach our a great value. I've seen him as high as 15-16.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Depending on where one looks he is a reach our a great value. I've seen him as high as 15-16.
    I've seen him all over the map too. The bad news is I watched him play in a bowl game and wasn't impressed. He might work as an OLB but he's not enough of a thumper to play inside. Plus, he had a tough time shaking loose from blockers.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Does GB win the game if it is in GB this year?

Did they lose the Super Bowl in Buffalo?
    they lost because they went brain dead when the ball fell into burnett's arms. straight-lined from that moment on.

With abbrederis coming back, Adams looking good and hopefully Cobb, they can certainly afford to focus on defense. I guess I can see them looking hard at TEs and grabbing a few value picks for OL and a development QB.