Thread: McCarthy's brother passes away

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forget his physical health for now - really until he dies. Despite Mike's tough guy eat dirt and shit nails facade, this isn't something that's going to leave his mind any time soon. The timing is as good as it could get as far as distractions go, but I get the feeling he might be the kind of guy who over-focuses on football this coming year until he melts down.

Hope I'm wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if Rodgers has to take on an even larger leadership role next season to act as a pressure release valve for his coach, and if a very fine line isn't walked, or if Dom Capers blacks out for extended periods of time again, next season could become highly fractured.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    Forget his physical health for now - really until he dies. Despite Mike's tough guy eat dirt and shit nails facade, this isn't something that's going to leave his mind any time soon. The timing is as good as it could get as far as distractions go, but I get the feeling he might be the kind of guy who over-focuses on football this coming year until he melts down.

Hope I'm wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if Rodgers has to take on an even larger leadership role next season to act as a pressure release valve for his coach, and if a very fine line isn't walked, or if Dom Capers blacks out for extended periods of time again, next season could become highly fractured.
    It's a serious wake up call on mortality. But I don't think it will overwhelm Stubby. He seems to be pretty grounded outside football. That doesn't mean he isn't in severe danger of a chest grab and face plant. Hopefully he'll get the message. And I don't mean a prescription for lipitor.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    It's a serious wake up call on mortality. But I don't think it will overwhelm Stubby. He seems to be pretty grounded outside football. That doesn't mean he isn't in severe danger of a chest grab and face plant. Hopefully he'll get the message. And I don't mean a prescription for lipitor.
    "Definitely. Life is precious," McCarthy said. "I don’t have the words or the emotional discipline to take you through it. It’s very difficult, and we’re pressing on as a family."

This from today grants me Optimism +6.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial