Thread: Bob McGinn: Packers 2014 individual report card: DEFENSE

Bob McGinn: Packers 2014 individual report card: DEFENSE

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...289706171.html

Bob McGinn | On the Packers

Packers 2014 individual report card: Defense

Comment woodbuck27:

** Bob McGinn's grade on Letroy Guion is tough.

** McGinn was impressed with the acquisition of Julius Peppers and his performance.

** His grades on AJ Hawk, Brad Jones and Jamari Lattimore is a wave bye bye 'deadwood'.

** His grades of the Packers Defensive Backs has to be overall better than last season.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

His grade on Guion was probably fair. Guion wasn't good early because he was playing himself into shape. Then he played very well but seemed to tail off at the end. He probably needs to play fewer snaps than he did so he doesn't tire out.

His grades on Hawk and Jones were harsh, but fair. He correctly points out that Hayward probably can't play outside. Definitely a slot corner. He seems high on Jayrone Elliott. Hope he's right.

Blog Entries
    I FORGOT WE EVEN DRAFTED THIS GUY \\

Khyri Thornton: Compared by one scout to Justin Harrell, the Packers' first-round bust in 2007. As the 85th overall pick (third round), Thornton was either the sixth 3-4 DE or the eighth inside pass rusher off the board. Based on one training camp, he'd be one of Ted Thompson's worst picks. Thornton came up with a hamstring injury in the exhibition finale so the Packers were able to stash him away for a year on IR. Not only is Thornton on the short side (6-2½) for base end, he didn't play hard, get off blocks or show pass rush using power or working an edge. If a year on scholarship can't amp up his level of aggressiveness, he'll be gone by late August. Grade: Incomplete.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?