Thread: JS ARTICLE "WITH SB IN SIGHT< RODGERS DOES NOT DELIVER

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Which would be about the same conclusion you would draw about the last offensive drive in ANY close game a team loses. Which makes it virtually useless as analysis.

I think, rather than blame the QB for not being the hero in a situation where the leverage is against him (the one thing the Seattle D couldn't do was allow a TD, it was happy with a FG attempt), is why the coach puts his offense in that situation way too often and usually too early.

Players do need to make plays, but far too often the offense and defense have to reverse course in order to prevent what was unlikely just a few drives before.

What are you saying pbmax!? The 'Packer Pucker' really harmed Packer Nation. There's no accounting for all the (hopefully temporary damage) it's done to even the best Packer forum posters.

I don't mean insult pbmax but that post reminds me so much of this fella. How he might view your post? :

Foghorn Leghorn Rant!
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    What are you saying pbmax!? The 'Packer Pucker' really harmed Packer Nation. There's no accounting for all the (hopefully temporary damage) it's done to even the best Packer forum posters.

I don't mean insult pbmax but that post reminds me so much of this fella. How he might view your post? :

[viddeo]
    I have no idea how Foghorn Leghorn views the 4 minute offense, but I have long thought that taking the air completely out of the ball is not an ideal strategy. And that in some games, M3 goes too early to this approach. Even in this game, up by more than one score with under 5 minutes left, the clock isn't everything, even if its the most important thing. Possession still counts.

There is a reason McCarthy quoted those run numbers (hopefully he doesn't view it as suggestions). When you have the lead, the offense tends to run more to bleed clock. There can be value to drain TOs and clock even if you gain no yardage, but it does surrender possession and field position, which are costs to the team with the lead.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I have no idea how Foghorn Leghorn views the 4 minute offense, but I have long thought that taking the air completely out of the ball is not an ideal strategy. And that in some games, M3 goes too early to this approach. Even in this game, up by more than one score with under 5 minutes left, the clock isn't everything, even if its the most important thing. Possession still counts.

There is a reason McCarthy quoted those run numbers (hopefully he doesn't view it as suggestions). When you have the lead, the offense tends to run more to bleed clock. There can be value to drain TOs and clock even if you gain no yardage, but it does surrender possession and field position, which are costs to the team with the lead.
    It sure looks to me that with 7:07 remaining in the 4th quarter a decision was made to remove Clay Matthews from the game. For something around 20 minutes 'real time' Clay was on the sidelines and for part of that wearing his Winter toque (2:57 remaining in the 4th Qtr.) that does come off as he's looking mighty concerned with (2:01) remaining in the 4th Qtr.

1-10-GB 35 (2:01) 24-M.Lynch right end to GB 32 for 3 yards (42-M.Burnett).

Two plays later Marshawn Lynch is in the end zone for six...and that followed by:

TWO-POINT CONVERSION ATTEMPT. 3-R.Wilson pass to 82-L.Willson is complete. ATTEMPT SUCCEEDS.

The SCORE Seattle 22 - Green Bay 19.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    It sure looks to me that with 7:07 remaining in the 4th quarter a decision was made to remove Clay Matthews from the game. For something around 20 minutes 'real time' Clay was on the sidelines and for part of that wearing his Winter toque (2:57 remaining in the 4th Qtr.) that does come off as he's looking mighty concerned with (2:01) remaining in the 4th Qtr.

1-10-GB 35 (2:01) 24-M.Lynch right end to GB 32 for 3 yards (42-M.Burnett).

Two plays later Marshawn Lynch is in the end zone for six...and that followed by:

TWO-POINT CONVERSION ATTEMPT. 3-R.Wilson pass to 82-L.Willson is complete. ATTEMPT SUCCEEDS.

The SCORE Seattle 22 - Green Bay 19.

Where was Rodgers when all this failure was happening? Why didn't he stop it?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck