Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
What are you saying pbmax!? The 'Packer Pucker' really harmed Packer Nation. There's no accounting for all the (hopefully temporary damage) it's done to even the best Packer forum posters.

I don't mean insult pbmax but that post reminds me so much of this fella. How he might view your post? :

[viddeo]
I have no idea how Foghorn Leghorn views the 4 minute offense, but I have long thought that taking the air completely out of the ball is not an ideal strategy. And that in some games, M3 goes too early to this approach. Even in this game, up by more than one score with under 5 minutes left, the clock isn't everything, even if its the most important thing. Possession still counts.

There is a reason McCarthy quoted those run numbers (hopefully he doesn't view it as suggestions). When you have the lead, the offense tends to run more to bleed clock. There can be value to drain TOs and clock even if you gain no yardage, but it does surrender possession and field position, which are costs to the team with the lead.