Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: JS ARTICLE "WITH SB IN SIGHT< RODGERS DOES NOT DELIVER

Blog Entries
    I'd WAY rather lose 61-7 then what went down in Seattle
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    It may have been the biggest collapse in NFCC history but was it the worst in team history? I'd say December 7, 1980. The Chicago Bears beat Green Bay 61 - 7 was worse.

Am I understanding you correctly that you don't think right now if something happened to Rodgers and he had to retire tomorrow he hasn't accomplished enough to make the HOF?

Perhaps pertinent was the wrong adjective. I guess I meant I wasn't being cheeky asking these questions.
    I'm not going to research 'the worst loss' in Green Bay Packers history. As I've already posted. Last Sundays collapse in Seattle wasn't the worst loss for the Packers; yet the worst defense of a solid lead in NFC Championship history since records have been kept on that.

" Am I understanding you correctly that you don't think right now if something happened to Rodgers and he had to retire tomorrow he hasn't accomplished enough to make the HOF? " Pugger

You don't get in the HOF on a sympathy vote or for quitting the game early. You get in the NFL HOF because your resume shouts HOF.

Aaron Rodgers hasn't accomplished enough to get into the NFL HOF. Again that's an opinion which is moot as he will continue as the Green Bay Packers QB.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    That's because you are off your meds.

Also because its not your job to build a decent team
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    A 61-7 loss in a regular season game is a Fart in the Wind compared to the worst playoff collapse I've ever witnessed when a win meant a Super Bowl Birth
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

A 61-7 loss in a regular season game is a Fart in the Wind compared to the worst playoff collapse I've ever witnessed when a win meant a Super Bowl Birth
    Yep. 61-7 was embarrassing, but just another loss for a lousy Packer team.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I'm not going to research 'the worst loss' in Green Bay Packers history. As I've already posted. Last Sundays collapse in Seattle wasn't the worst loss for the Packers; yet the worst defense of a solid lead in NFC Championship history since records have been kept on that.

" Am I understanding you correctly that you don't think right now if something happened to Rodgers and he had to retire tomorrow he hasn't accomplished enough to make the HOF? " Pugger

You don't get in the HOF on a sympathy vote or for quitting the game early. You get in the NFL HOF because your resume shouts HOF.

Aaron Rodgers hasn't accomplished enough to get into the NFL HOF. Again that's an opinion which is moot as he will continue as the Green Bay Packers QB.
    What in the hell are you talking about? When did Rodgers quit? I'm talking about the off chance he is forced to retire tomorrow because of injury. Good lord Woody. Aaron has said he'd love to play until he's 40 if he could.

He has the best regular season QB rating in NFL history, has the best INT to TD ratio, is a SB champ and SB MVP and will be a 2 time league MVP. IMO that is plenty to get him into the HOF should his career end today.
    Last edited by Pugger; 01-25-2015 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Yep. 61-7 was embarrassing, but just another loss for a lousy Packer team.
    All I meant was that was the worst loss in our franchise's history not including the post season.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    McGinn also does not mention that with the score 19-7 McCarthy took the ball out of Rodgers' hands. By the time Rodgers got the ball back, the Packers were down 22-19. He then led the Packers 48 yards in just over a minute for the tying field goal, completing 3-5 passes for 36 yards and limping for a 12 yard run.
    +1
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Packers are up by 12 and McCarthy calls two runs and pass to Q. Runs go nowhere and q drops a defensed pass. Rodgers doesn't see the ball again until the packers are down by three with about a minute left. Rodgers just leads them to a tying FG to force OT and never sees the ball again.
    +1
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

yeah, a-rod was off in the first half, but his coach didn't let him do a whole hell of a lot in the second half until the last drive

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    What has changed is that defenses have adjusted to this offense since late 2011 and its still not clear the Packers have adjusted (though there have been signs) and the changing of the receiver corp has meant that it seems possible now to game plan the Packer passing attack away with a talented Defense.

And as mentioned above by Joe, the idea that you need to "get back" to pinpoint passing by looking off Troy Polamalu and throwing it behind his earhole is great, if your leg was functioning.

This is just trolling.

There are things he has to work on. He still doesn't look short fast enough, and he still holds onto the ball too long while rarely throwing it away. And something in their audible system has gone awry, I saw Rodgers check into more bad runs this year than ever before. But this is a team issue, not a QB issue.

The fact of the matter is that Dom Capers has out-coordinated McCarthy at the end of the season two years in a row.
    I wonder if Rodgers is going to start changing his approach soon. He's had some injuries now that have affected his last 2 seasons.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

I'll drink to that!
    When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    What in the hell are you talking about? When did Rodgers quit? I'm talking about the off chance he is forced to retire tomorrow because of injury. Good lord Woody. Aaron has said he'd love to play until he's 40 if he could.

He has the best regular season QB rating in NFL history, has the best INT to TD ratio, is a SB champ and SB MVP and will be a 2 time league MVP. IMO that is plenty to get him into the HOF should his career end today.
    Your passion for Aaron Rodgers is noted. If your so confident why are you cursing?
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Crazy stuff here. Much rather lose bizarro last second crap than not be competitive. You guys are just totally spoiled.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Crazy stuff here. Much rather lose bizarro last second crap than not be competitive. You guys are just totally spoiled.
    If I were a coach or player I might agree. But as a fan, seeing my team blow a berth in the Super Bowl is more heartbreaking than another bad loss by a bad Packer team.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    If I were a coach or player I might agree. But as a fan, seeing my team blow a berth in the Super Bowl is more heartbreaking than another bad loss by a bad Packer team.
    your agony is gorgeous
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    I wonder if Rodgers is going to start changing his approach soon. He's had some injuries now that have affected his last 2 seasons.
    Both of them occurred while he was in the pocket, so unless changing his ways means spending less time there I am not sure that the recent past would justify a change. If his body were starting to break down then I could see him wanting to change his style, but I don't see evidence that either of these injuries is age related.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    I wouldn't. Teams that lose 61-7 struggle to finish 4-12. I dealt with enough of that growing up. I like going to the playoffs almost every year and having a shot at reaching the Super Bowl.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Some people still hate 12 because he's not 4, it appears.

What I don't understand is why Aaron Rodgers didn't prevent slavery in the United States. What a fucking dick move and an example of his me-first attitude.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial