Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: JS ARTICLE "WITH SB IN SIGHT< RODGERS DOES NOT DELIVER

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    just make another comment on it or towards KY about it and you can get what you desire.
    Yet KY was allowed to obsessively, neurotically harass Tank in the football forum. Not only allowed, but you praised KY as upstanding citizen.

Tank - you claim it was your wish that he be allowed to stay.

I don't care a dick smoke about Tank. Caving to intolerance curls my toes - and not in a happy way.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    As mentioned no one is asking for your truth or anyone elses regarding how things are done here. Your permission is not required just make another comment on it or towards KY about it and you can get what you desire. For all your accounts right?
    it's up to you
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by rules
    Other than threads or posts revealing private and/or personal information about others members, PackerRats.com does not censor any threads or posts. However we do ask that you utilize all the rooms available for posting.

Example: If a subject is about football, post it in the Packers section. If you feel like talking about anything off topic, post it in the Romper Room section. This is not just a website decision, it was also overwhelmingly decided on by vote of PackerRats.com members. So if an off-topic thread is made in the Packers section it will be moved to the Romper Room section. No deletions, no questions asked, just categorized correctly.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Edited for rules (non-football information has been moved to an appropriate forum):

Upon further review, Bob McGinn is a cock. He is trollish

"Today's NFL is set up as a quarterback's game. He has the ball in his hands on every play. No one can affect the scoreboard like him."
    - Well, Bob, not actually. The Center has his hand on every offensive play. Interestingly, the Packers lost because Rodgers was NOT on the field for any of the defensive snaps, or the ST play where Bostick couldn't recover.
    Bob doesn't like the blame game, except when he gets to assign blame.
    Bob, except for his scouting report and post-game rating (and even sometimes in those) has turned into a poking internet troll. Fortunately, unlike in other cases I can mostly ignore him.

...edited for rules:

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    xxxxxxxxx you know I speak the truth. xxxx xxxx xxxxxx
    See the Romper room for non-football items

Let it go, Rand. Madtown barely speaks English, you can't expect him to be expert at refereeing squabbles.

I still love you, Madtown, but your mother and I are very dissappointed in your behavior

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Let it go, Rand. Madtown barely speaks English, you can't expect him to be expert at refereeing squabbles.

I still love you, Madtown, but your mother and I are very dissappointed in your behavior

Where the hell did you get a picture of me and my dad??

Here we go again. Thanks for the lecture, Dad, I didn't know that.
    Yes, here we go again. You start it with a snide question to me about what I "know", and when I respond directly to your condescending question you act as if you are the offended one. (Yawn.)

Both those moves are completely consistent with Rodgers being unable to run. On the game tying drive it was clear to me that he was laboring mightily to run. Both the toss to Lacy (not to his back) and to Rodgers (not on the same page, don't know who missed the check) made sense
    to me. Either way, he wasn't playing for the FG, that much I feel certain about, and I think he was trying to make the best plays he could, knowing his running was extremely limited. The Lacy toss was unfortunate, because I think Lacy was turning and blocking expecting Rodgers to run, which happened enough before the injury that Lacy was probably reacting naturally.

Rodgers delivered just fine, especially based on the effect of the injury on formations, throwing, and running. Had he been totally healthy and played like he did, I would have been disappointed.
    Laboring to run, yes, but on the previous play he was still able to run from the left hash mark to the right sideline, while picking up 12 yards up field and a first down. On the first down play to Lacy, he had already run from the pocket at the 44 to near the numbers at about the 40. I'm not questioning if he could have run for a touchdown, just if he could have turned up field from there, picked up a few yards, and slid or gotten out of bounds again. Just something positive on the play, at least.

I agree with your take on Lacy in the play on first down. It still hurts watching that again (which I just did). Complete the pass to Lacy, and he picks up positive yardage, maybe even a first down as he was running away from would be tacklers, and who knows how much after that? Once he gets rolling in the open field it often takes a bunch of tacklers over a significant distance to get him down. Alternatively, a healthy Rodgers runs a long way on that play.

As for 2nd down, where ever I read that AR had running room, was wrong, under the circumstances. A healthy Rodgers, maybe; but he was surrounded in a small pocket. If he could have gotten out, there was room, but only a healthy AR and a few other QBs could get out of that tight pocket. What he did miss was a wide open receiver on the left. Two lined up wide and crossed. Both DBs went with the one lined up inside when he went out. The outside receiver came in, with no one on him. Could have had a few easy yards anyway.

Just a few yards on first and/or second down, and third down becomes more makable for a 1st down. Did AR get as much out of those two plays as he could have? I don't know, but if the qustion is, "Did he deliver?" its easy to come to a conclusion of "No."

Third down - the entire right side of the field looked like it opened up, particularly if the receivers on that side were going deep. AR got out of the pocket and had no one visible on the screen in front of him. Could/should he have ran, in spite of his calf? I don't know, but it is something to discuss. Did he deliver?

As I said, I don't know the answers at all to these questions, but there was great fame and recognition right there to be had. AR didn't get it, that's a fact. Whether or not he could/should have is anyones guess.

Probably good advice. Last post....?

Last post....?

Great find HH.
    C.H.U.D.

"Moon River"

Moon river, wider than a mile
    I'm crossing you in style some day
    Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker
    Wherever you're going, I'm going your way

Two drifters, off to see the world
    There's such a lot of world to see
    We're after the same rainbow's end, waiting, round the bend
    My Huckleberry Friend, Moon River, and me
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Who are you talking about? McCarthy saved Favre's sinking career, as did TT. Capers never coached with Favre.

Favre was just as responsible as Packer leadership for 'wasting' his career (of course I would never consider his career wasted, since I don't based my evaluation on SB wins alone, as it seems many other do). What do they say - a leopard never changes it's spots - and neither did Favre, even with MN leadership.

But I agree, the coaches, the entire team did a face plant after the Burnett INT.
    I wouldn't place the blame entirely on the coaching staff either. The list of guilty parties is a long one.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Yes, here we go again. You start it with a snide question to me about what I "know", and when I respond directly to your condescending question you act as if you are the offended one. (Yawn.)

Laboring to run, yes, but on the previous play he was still able to run from the left hash mark to the right sideline, while picking up 12 yards up field and a first down. On the first down play to Lacy, he had already run from the pocket at the 44 to near the numbers at about the 40. I'm not questioning if he could have run for a touchdown, just if he could have turned up field from there, picked up a few yards, and slid or gotten out of bounds again. Just something positive on the play, at least.

I agree with your take on Lacy in the play on first down. It still hurts watching that again (which I just did). Complete the pass to Lacy, and he picks up positive yardage, maybe even a first down as he was running away from would be tacklers, and who knows how much after that? Once he gets rolling in the open field it often takes a bunch of tacklers over a significant distance to get him down. Alternatively, a healthy Rodgers runs a long way on that play.

As for 2nd down, where ever I read that AR had running room, was wrong, under the circumstances. A healthy Rodgers, maybe; but he was surrounded in a small pocket. If he could have gotten out, there was room, but only a healthy AR and a few other QBs could get out of that tight pocket. What he did miss was a wide open receiver on the left. Two lined up wide and crossed. Both DBs went with the one lined up inside when he went out. The outside receiver came in, with no one on him. Could have had a few easy yards anyway.

Just a few yards on first and/or second down, and third down becomes more makable for a 1st down. Did AR get as much out of those two plays as he could have? I don't know, but if the qustion is, "Did he deliver?" its easy to come to a conclusion of "No."

Third down - the entire right side of the field looked like it opened up, particularly if the receivers on that side were going deep. AR got out of the pocket and had no one visible on the screen in front of him. Could/should he have ran, in spite of his calf? I don't know, but it is something to discuss. Did he deliver?

As I said, I don't know the answers at all to these questions, but there was great fame and recognition right there to be had. AR didn't get it, that's a fact. Whether or not he could/should have is anyones guess.
    There was one bad pass to Lacy that if you look at replays he turned his ankle on his good leg!

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Two drifters, off to see the world
    There's such a lot of world to see
    We're after the same rainbow's end, waiting, round the bend
    My Huckleberry Friend, Moon River, and me
    Woody, I'm picturing you and me, alone, drifting down the lazy Mississippi on a raft. Star filled night.

Somebody has to die.

Just kidding, friend.

Woody, I'm picturing you and me, alone, drifting down the lazy Mississippi on a raft. Star filled night.

Somebody has to die.

Just kidding, friend.
    There's another raft and man on that river:

This fella knows what he saw:

Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-27-2015 at 08:04 PM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

The bottom line for me:

Aaron Rodgers honesty.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/1/1...ckers-seahawks

Aaron Rodgers on NFC Championship loss: 'We gave it away'

By: Jeff Gray  @Jeff_GraySBN on Jan 18 2015, 8:16 PM

"You can't let them complete a pass for a touchdown on a fake field goal, you can't give up an onside kick and you can't not get any first downs in the first quarter and expect to win," Rodgers said. "And that's on top of being really poor in the red zone in the first half. Put it all together and that's how you lose games. We had a great opportunity. We were right on the cusp." Aaron Rodgers

Blog Entries
    it's up to you
    Mad's trying to do his job running this joint.

Where do you get off busting his balls for doing his gig?

Now you are crabbing at Mad, Patler, & PB.

I'll gladly be grouped with those gents anytime.

if you gaze at your posts in this thread tomorrow, you'll realize your efforts here were a botch.

What you hoped would be a big slam was just a bunch of whines.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Mad's trying to do his job running this joint.

Where do you get off busting his balls for doing his gig?

Now you are crabbing at Mad, Patler, & PB.

I'll gladly be grouped with those gents anytime.

if you gaze at your posts in this thread tomorrow, you'll realize your efforts here were a botch.

What you hoped would be a big slam was just a bunch of whines.
    Was there a football comment in there? let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Yes, here we go again. You start it with a snide question to me about what I "know", and when I respond directly to your condescending question you act as if you are the offended one. (Yawn.).
    I missed this. No, that comment wasn't snide - it (was intended to) illustrate the point that it's unknowable whether Rodgers gave all he could. So we differ (I think?) on the point of whether Rodgers was going all out - or not: "Whether or not he could/should have is anyones guess."

I'm OK with not knowing for sure.