Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
Which would be about the same conclusion you would draw about the last offensive drive in ANY close game a team loses. Which makes it virtually useless as analysis.
No, it is not useless as analysis. In fact, it is very cut a dried, especially if you subscribe to the theory that QBs make the league, team and coach. They are paid for just those situations.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
I think, rather than blame the QB for not being the hero in a situation where the leverage is against him (the one thing the Seattle D couldn't do was allow a TD, it was happy with a FG attempt), is why the coach puts his offense in that situation way too often and usually too early.

Players do need to make plays, but far too often the offense and defense have to reverse course in order to prevent what was unlikely just a few drives before.
No one is BLAMING Rodgers for not coming through; just remarking that as the key player in the most critical situation, he did not deliver. He had the ball in his hand for three consecutive plays and could not gain 10 yards when it was needed the most. I could pass it off like you have, and maybe I should; but for discussion purposes it can not be ignored that he may have made poor decisions in at least two, and maybe all three of the plays.

How about Russell Wilson the two series before, he came through twice when the Packer D could do almost anything but allow TDs. Two separate drives, and they didn't even slow him down.

In many ways, you can ignore everything before that. It all came down to a final drive. some might say he made three successive bad plays, which sealed their fate. In three successive drives in the same situation (perhaps even more dire) Wilson came through again, and again and again.

It's not blame, it's fact. It may not be entirely his fault, but that does not change the fact.