Thread: JS ARTICLE "WITH SB IN SIGHT< RODGERS DOES NOT DELIVER

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    mraynrand:
    The thing that fascinates me much more is the psychology of the apocollapse and how the entire team kinda tanked it. But nobody (on the team) is talking about that so it's a dead issue too. Possibly on purpose. It will be interesting to see how the team responds.
    I'm with you. I don't know if the psychology is all that mysterious, though. I wish I had a dime for every NFL game that ends contrary to the defeated team's expectations. Celebrating with a minute or two left is virtually always the kiss of death for the celebrating team.

TJ Lang said that, with 5 minutes left, NOBODY on the Packer sideline felt they could lose that game. That's unacceptable and it's not unusual or abnormal psychology. SOMEBODY on that sideline at that point in time HAS to have his head in the game, HAS to be in touch with the reality of the situation.

Hmmm...I wonder who that person should be? I also wonder what he was doing at the time that was more damn important than popping the air out of his team's false and stupid expectations?

Could it be that at the time Stubby's nose was glued to his play sheet and he was occupied calling plays (three Lacy dives into Seattle's stacked defense)?
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    ^^^ Really what you need are a few guys with the killer instinct, who don't want to let up until they have to drag 'em off the field. See for example, the Ravens, the Steelers. Not that these guys are more or less talented, etc., but that they want to finish other teams off. This mentality:

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Celebrating with a minute or two left is virtually always the kiss of death for the celebrating team.
    I would wager this is the exact reverse of reality. Vast majority of team's celebrating late end up winning the game. The reason we remember is that its rare.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I would wager this is the exact reverse of reality. Vast majority of team's celebrating late end up winning the game. The reason we remember is that its rare.
    I'll take that bet. It's not "rare." All I have is my own experience to go on.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers