Thread: JS ARTICLE "WITH SB IN SIGHT< RODGERS DOES NOT DELIVER

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    McGinn barely mentions Rodgers' injury, and even then he reduces it to Rodgers being trapped in the pocket. It was much more than that. I think the injury affected his throws, and also affected how Seattle played defense. They did not need to worry about Rodgers taking off and running, or even buy a lot of time by rolling out. Rodgers is classy enough not to use the injury as an excuse for his play, which makes him a good target for McGinn.

McGinn also does not mention that with the score 19-7 McCarthy took the ball out of Rodgers' hands. By the time Rodgers got the ball back, the Packers were down 22-19. He then led the Packers 48 yards in just over a minute for the tying field goal, completing 3-5 passes for 36 yards and limping for a 12 yard run. It was not Rodgers' best performance. But the team was up 19-7 with 5 minutes to go, and the fact that they blew it had nothing to do with Rodgers.
    Not many want to discuss Rodgers' injury and how it affected the game. When I tried to on another forum I was chastised for making excuses. But you are right, Aaron's injury hurt is accuracy and his lack of mobility changed the way Seattle defended us and took away one of the main things that makes Rodgers the most dangerous QB in the league for our adversaries to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Not many want to discuss Rodgers' injury and how it affected the game. When I tried to on another forum I was chastised for making excuses. But you are right, Aaron's injury hurt is accuracy and his lack of mobility changed the way Seattle defended us and took away one of the main things that makes Rodgers the most dangerous QB in the league for our adversaries to beat.
    Bob McGinn certainly comments on Aaron Rodgers mobility issues in his article.

** "In the third quarter, Rodgers stepped funny on a second-down screen to Eddie Lacy that promised to be a long gainer. It's like Rodgers instantly fell apart, bailed and missed the simple 10-yard throw and, after he held the ball too long (4.4 seconds) for a third-down sack, out trotted the punt team."

** "Rodgers finally came alive on two 15-yard completions and a 12-yard scramble to the Seattle 36. Thirty-five seconds remained."

** " How much was Rodgers limited by his calf injury? You could see he felt trapped inside the pocket at times, and the Seahawks cover initially extremely well.

Rodgers did have the capacity to run fast and extend plays to his heart's content in the Sept. 4 defeat at CenturyLink Field. He was equally ineffective that night, too."
    Bob McGinn

** " In Rodgers' six postseason victories, his passer rating of 111.8 is 38.4 points higher than the opposing quarterbacks.

In his five defeats, Rodgers' rating of 89.4 is 9.1 points lower than the opposition. Warner, Eli Manning, Colin Kaepernick (twice) and Wilson also have combined to outrush him, 314-130. "
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    In Rodgers' six postseason victories, his passer rating of 111.8 is 38.4 points higher than the opposing quarterbacks.

In his five defeats, Rodgers' rating of 89.4 is 9.1 points lower than the opposition. Warner, Eli Manning, Colin Kaepernick (twice) and Wilson also have combined to outrush him, 314-130.
    Rodgers's QB rating is lower than the opponents in games the Packers have lost, and higher than the opp in games they have won? Shocking, simply shocking.