Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Should They Stay Or Should They Go?

Should They Stay Or Should They Go?

These Packers will either be free agents, or players who have outlived their usefulness or are overpaid. My take:

Tramon Williams - The toughest call. Probably go, depending on his market value.

Bryan Bulaga - Stay

Jarrett Bush - Go - Not the impact ST player he once was.

B.J. Raji - Stay - But for less than 4 million

Randall Cobb - Stay

Davon House - Stay

DuJuan Harris - Go - Need a better KO return man.

Sean Richardson - Go - Draft a safety

Don Barclay - Stay

Jarrett Boykin - Go - Easily replaced by Abby and Janis.

Jamari Lattimore - Go - No instincts to play ILB

Scott Tolzien - Stay

Matt Flynn - Go - Tolzien should be ready

John Kuhn - Stay - Why not? He's cheap.

Letroy Guion - Stay

Chris Banjo - Stay

Brad Jones - Go - Way overpaid

A.J. Hawk - Go - Looks finished.

Julius Peppers - Stay - If they can make the money work.

Blog Entries
    The FA market will make a run at both House and Bulaga. I'd question whether we'll be able to keep both of 'em.

Richardson might make camp, but what happened to this guy? He really fell off in '14.

Tolzein over Flynn? Yup, keep the Badger. Flynn channeled his inner Graham Harrell last season.

I'm hopin' we do work something out with the old vet Peppers. He does need to work on his last minute interception leadership skills, tho.

McGinn says Bulaga might be the top rated tackle in FA. If he gets Left Tackle money, it might be wise to let him leave.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    McGinn says Bulaga might be the top rated tackle in FA. If he gets Left Tackle money, it might be wise to let him leave.
    If someone is going to offer him 10-12 million per year, I would agree with that. I'm not sure it will happen though. He hasn't played LT but sparingly, and he does have his injury history.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Tolzein over Flynn? Yup, keep the Badger. Flynn channeled his inner Graham Harrell last season.
    Tolzien showed nothing. I'm not high on Flynn, but he did win the game in Dallas. Time to draft a guy with a higher ceiling. (I suppose Tolzien could be this guy, but only the coaches would know. And if he already was this guy, he's be #2 on depth chart this sat season).
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I like House a lot. Would hate to see him go.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Unless they can get peppers for super cheap, let him go.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Tolzien showed nothing. I'm not high on Flynn, but he did win the game in Dallas. Time to draft a guy with a higher ceiling. (I suppose Tolzien could be this guy, but only the coaches would know. And if he already was this guy, he's be #2 on depth chart this sat season).
    Tolzien, while not on the coveted Tank Hotshot QB List, did have a 20 point edge in passer rating over Flynn in preseason.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    As possibly the biggest Badger Homer in here...it's odd that the one Badger QB I had little or no feeling about either way ends up in Green Bay
    Honestly I'm surprised Tolzien is in the NFL
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

one thing to remember

WITHOUT, resigning any free agents, the defense is set to cost about 20 million more as a middle of the road at best, compared to our top ranked offense

thats just flat out wrong IMO

Tramon Williams - only stay if he is much cheaper, he is not imo worth the money he has been making

Bryan Bulaga - keep him, shouldn't cost too much, and he had a pretty good injury free season. don't pay him too much though, because he's only had 1 injury free year so far

Jarrett Bush -not worth the money, should be making vet minimum even if he is a special teams ace

B.J. Raji - fuck off, should have been gone 2 years ago

Randall Cobb - #1 priority, should have been locked up before the season, now will cost the team a whole hell of a lot more. he has all the leverage with the team not having the talent to be able to let him walk

Davon House - i'd keep him, but not for much

DuJuan Harris - see ya

Sean Richardson - wouldn't mind keeping him for cheap to compete for #3

Don Barclay - keep him, shouldn't cost much, but if he does, let him go

Jarrett Boykin - goodbye, what a horrible year

Jamari Lattimore - don't care either way, but we need to find more talent then he has to play ILB

Scott Tolzien - goodbye

Matt Flynn - don't care, we need to draft a new guy in the mid rounds

John Kuhn - take a hike and take your 1 yard dive play with you. he is NOT worth the money

Letroy Guion - keep for cheap

Chris Banjo - keep

Brad Jones - fuck off right out of town

A.J. Hawk - career is over

Julius Peppers - keep him

Blog Entries
    I think Bulaga and House probably know they can get more as a UFA so hopefully they want to stay

We can't lose Cobb
    I'd like to keep Bulaga
    I'd love to see Tramon return

I'm not sure the rest matter than much

It was interesting to read that Boykins was not speaking to the media for most of the year

It was also interesting that after the Packers loss to Seattle Boykins encouraged Quarless not to speak with the media

GOODBYE BOYKINS
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Yep....draft a QB.
    C.H.U.D.

On a somewhat related note, Brandon Bostick's packer career is apparently over.

Brandon Bostick @Bostick11 · 40m 40 minutes ago

Thankful To Spend The First 3 Years Of My Career In GB. Unfortunately My Time There Has Ended. I Appreciate The Support From Everyone In GB!

good, maybe you should learn HOW TO FOLLOW FUCKING DIRECTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fucking asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    On a somewhat related note, Brandon Bostick's packer career is apparently over.

Brandon Bostick @Bostick11 · 40m 40 minutes ago

Thankful To Spend The First 3 Years Of My Career In GB. Unfortunately My Time There Has Ended. I Appreciate The Support From Everyone In GB!
    Rob DemovskyVerified account ‏@RobDemovsky

Can confirm that the #Packers have released Brandon Bostick.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

His season started with him on the bench because he was a 3 year veteran running routes incorrectly. It ended with you know what. I guess he didn't get the importance of just doing your job the way it's supposed to be done. Some people will probably accuse TT of making him a scapegoat for the NFCC loss, but he was probably on his way out of Green Bay before that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    His season started with him on the bench because he was a 3 year veteran running routes incorrectly. It ended with you know what. I guess he didn't get the importance of just doing your job the way it's supposed to be done. Some people will probably accuse TT of making him a scapegoat for the NFCC loss, but he was probably on his way out of Green Bay before that happened.
    Yup. I think they were keeping him around because he (theoretically) knew the system and his assignments, and it was less trouble than training up a new guy at that point in the season. When you really think about it, it was a TJ Rubley moment all over again, and like Rubley they never guessed when he went off the reservation is would end so spectacularly.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Yup. I think they were keeping him around because he (theoretically) knew the system and his assignments, and it was less trouble than training up a new guy at that point in the season. When you really think about it, it was a TJ Rubley moment all over again, and like Rubley they never guessed when he went off the reservation is would end so spectacularly.
    Sounds like a new award has been given birth. The TJ Rubley Award. The Award that goes to the Packer with the most boneheaded play that cost the team a win.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

What game in Dallas?