Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: interesting article...clay: quit or benched?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    In my final analysis of the game I'm convinced Special Teams really fucked the Packers chances of winning. Fire Slocum now.
    I dunno - they also had a FF, a good return by Hyde, good coverage, and 5/5 on FGs. I know the popular narrative is they cost the Packers the game, but it really was one guy doing something he knew he wasn't supposed to do that mucked it up. And Hawk of course. And Slocum. Ah hell, fire em all.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Pro Bowl is unwatchable with Carter and Irvin involved. Could they pick two guys I hated more in the NFL?
    No kidding. This entire format with team captains with retired players and splitting up the conferences I can live without. How do you root for one team over the other if you have guys from your team on both squads? I really didn't give a damn who won. They can chuck those uniforms too. Other than that what's not to like?

I want to go back to the SB Champs playing the College All Stars.
    C.H.U.D.

http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/...&post_id=46441

Today's leading theory is that he was concussed and didn't want to report it.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/...&post_id=46441

Today's leading theory is that he was concussed and didn't want to report it.
    Time about 10:41 remaining in the 4th Qtr. Clay Matthews helmet makes contact with Seattle TE Luke Willson's right shoulder bad.

Immediately Clay Matthews looks slowed up and down on the field but in short order gets up under his own power and runs off the field to the Packer sideline. A trainer approaches him on his right and Mike McCarthy from his left and gives him a pat and the camera cuts back to the field.

A.J. Hawk goes into the game.

At 9:11 remaining in the 4th Qtr.Clay Matthews is back in the game and he makes a nice tackle on Russell Wilson running to his right and angling to the sideline. Clay Matthews looks normal in the pursuit and hard tackle.

At 8:22 Mathews is defending the middle and close to the LOS and incomplete pass by Russell Wilson left after Nick Perry applies pressure on Russell's left.

At 8:10 Clay Matthews is in the middle of the scrum trying to bring Marshawn Lynch down on an 11 yard run. Matthews pulls out of that looking fine.

At 7:55 Clay Matthews drops back into coverage left middle of the field as Morgan Burnett Sacks Russell Wilson.

At 7:15 we see Ha Ha Clinton Dix miss a pick.

At 7:07 On a Seattle 3rd and 14 ...Clay Matthews (lined up on DL right) and Mike Neale apply heavy pressure on Russell Wilson's LHS

At 7:01 Seattle punts and I don't see Clay Matthews in the game until OT. I do see him on the side line looking fine. I see him happy and celebrating the Morgan Burnett "pick step step slide". The latest dance craze in Packer Nation.

Does anyone on Packerrats have a recording or any evidence of Clay Matthews being attended to ?
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I see him happy and celebrating the Morgan Burnett "pick step step slide". The latest dance craze in Packer Nation.
    lol
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Clay Matthews Photo Stream NFC Championship Game - Seattle.

See Photos 1-10.

http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Clay+Ma...le/pVCY_wQmo_Z
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Clay Matthews Photo Stream NFC Championship Game - Seattle.

See Photos 1-10.

http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Clay+Ma...le/pVCY_wQmo_Z
    Photo 1 is from the Pro Bowl, 10 is a face shot. What are the rest telling me?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Photo 1 is from the Pro Bowl, 10 is a face shot. What are the rest telling me?
    I'm not sure what you'll see?

I see a very involved Clay Matthews at those moments in the game.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/290445591.html

Clay says it was knee and rib injuries. Wouldn't specify when knee injury occurred. Ribs were hurt when he got drilled after sack of Wilson.

Did say that the ribs got banged again with the collision on Willson, the one where he went down and looked like he had a concussion.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/290445591.html

Clay says it was knee and rib injuries. Wouldn't specify when knee injury occurred. Ribs were hurt when he got drilled after sack of Wilson.

Did say that the ribs got banged again with the collision on Willson, the one where he went down and looked like he had a concussion.

So these "injuries" were enough to keep him out of part of the most important game of the season, yet not bad enough to miss the meaningless Pro Bowl?

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    So these "injuries" were enough to keep him out of part of the most important game of the season, yet not bad enough to miss the meaningless Pro Bowl?
    He did return to the game in overtime. Besides, there's no real hitting in the Pro Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by deake View Post
    When football was football
    http://safeshare.tv/w/xgeUYtjBXd
    That is a great interview! Haven't seen it before.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...de-more-often/

Matthews OK with playing inside again and the coaches have already talked to him about it. Its clear his preference is to be outside, but he seems to be fine with this year's arrangement. Given his production, I would think he would be happy.

Also let's a gameplan tidbit slip from Week 1, that the pass rush was all out and that allowed Wilson to escape.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...de-more-often/

Matthews OK with playing inside again and the coaches have already talked to him about it. Its clear his preference is to be outside, but he seems to be fine with this year's arrangement. Given his production, I would think he would be happy.

Also let's a gameplan tidbit slip from Week 1, that the pass rush was all out and that allowed Wilson to escape.
    I like his position as more of a flexbacker based on situation. It seems to suit his strengths better.

The Patriots also played more of a controlled rush to keep Wilson mostly in the pocket and it sure seems to limit him. He really seems to struggle to throw anything to the middle of the field.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    That is a great interview! Haven't seen it before.
    He became a regular on both the Tonight Show and Letterman. The clips are uniformly hysterical.

Quote Originally Posted by deake View Post
    When football was football
    http://safeshare.tv/w/xgeUYtjBXd
    My goodness that man (Art Donovan) was funny.

He reminded me a lot of my father.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    I like his position as more of a flexbacker based on situation. It seems to suit his strengths better.

The Patriots also played more of a controlled rush to keep Wilson mostly in the pocket and it sure seems to limit him. He really seems to struggle to throw anything to the middle of the field.
    The move seemed to energize Matthews. He had 15 tackles, 4 assists and 2.5 sacks before the move. 30/12/8.5 after. There is also the issue of what moving him around does to the preparations of opposing offenses. Having them not knowing where Matthews will line up has to have an effect.