Pinny Kahana @PinnyKahana11
Follow
@RobDemovsky #packersmail why was Matthews off the field at the end of the 4th Q??????????????????!!!!!!!!!?????????
10:50 AM - 23 Jan 2015

Demovsky: That remains the biggest mystery from Sunday's game. Clay Matthews was not on the field for either of the Seattle Seahawks' final two drives of regulation. I remember looking across the field from the press box during the last drive and in my binoculars, I could see Matthews trying to get his legs loose. However, there was no injury announcement made, either in the press box or by the team after the game, and Matthews returned to play the only possession of overtime. After the game, Matthews was asked if his leg was bothering him, and he told reporters: "Yeah, it was a medley of things just catching up to me. Fortunately, I worked with the trainers a little bit during that last drive and was able to get back out there for overtime." Asked about it after the game, coach Mike McCarthy had no explanation. Also, Matthews did not talk to reporters Monday, when the players cleaned out their lockers. It will be asked during McCarthy's season-ending press conference, which could take place this week.