Thread: interesting article...clay: quit or benched?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    My final analysis of this question of why Clay Matthews was on the sidelines from 7:01 remaining in the 4th qtr.;

It looks to me like that decision was made to rest Clay Matthews or to ensure no injury.

The decision was made because MM and/or Dom Capers must have believed that the game was in the bag. That sort of thinking makes no sense.

That was a gross error that should be accounted for. How is Mike McCarthy going to explain that away?

Clay Matthews was returned to the field in Overtime. In the final Seattle series that led to the winning TD; for the most part Clay Matthews, Morgan Burnett and Julius Peppers were on the field. I 'm pretty sure that Peppers was on the sideline for the final TD play. He looked stunned as he knelt after the game was over. So did Aaron Rodgers and many other Packers. This game was simply given away. You don't sit your best defensive player until the final whistle when he's available.

Another huge error on the last TD play.

Tramon Williams wasn't given any backup over the top. He was left alone to cover WR Jermaine Kearse. The closest DB to that play and about 12 yards up field was Safety Sean Richardson.
    In my final analysis of the game I'm convinced Special Teams really fucked the Packers chances of winning. Fire Slocum now.
    C.H.U.D.

More useful for a Packer win in Seattle

with 7 minutes remaining in the 4th Qtr.

We needed to see this:

and more of this:

and this:

Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-27-2015 at 07:52 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    In my final analysis of the game I'm convinced Special Teams really fucked the Packers chances of winning. Fire Slocum now.
    I dunno - they also had a FF, a good return by Hyde, good coverage, and 5/5 on FGs. I know the popular narrative is they cost the Packers the game, but it really was one guy doing something he knew he wasn't supposed to do that mucked it up. And Hawk of course. And Slocum. Ah hell, fire em all.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck