Thread: interesting article...clay: quit or benched?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...de-more-often/

Matthews OK with playing inside again and the coaches have already talked to him about it. Its clear his preference is to be outside, but he seems to be fine with this year's arrangement. Given his production, I would think he would be happy.

Also let's a gameplan tidbit slip from Week 1, that the pass rush was all out and that allowed Wilson to escape.
    I like his position as more of a flexbacker based on situation. It seems to suit his strengths better.

The Patriots also played more of a controlled rush to keep Wilson mostly in the pocket and it sure seems to limit him. He really seems to struggle to throw anything to the middle of the field.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    I like his position as more of a flexbacker based on situation. It seems to suit his strengths better.

The Patriots also played more of a controlled rush to keep Wilson mostly in the pocket and it sure seems to limit him. He really seems to struggle to throw anything to the middle of the field.
    The move seemed to energize Matthews. He had 15 tackles, 4 assists and 2.5 sacks before the move. 30/12/8.5 after. There is also the issue of what moving him around does to the preparations of opposing offenses. Having them not knowing where Matthews will line up has to have an effect.