Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Packers 2015 Offseason News and Notes non Draft non FA Edition

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    When a guy runs a 4.5 at 270 lbs, benches 35 reps, jumps 38 inches, and gets drafted in the 1st round what he does in coverage or pursuit is icing on the cake. That man's only path to being considered a success should be what he does one-on-one rushing the passer and all I'm saying is that if you can do that you're a fit anywhere. Perry's game is only worth picking apart because he hasn't become the elite pass rusher you hoped for when you drafted him in the first round. If he was good in pursuit he'd be Shea McClellan and still not worth a first round pick. That said Perry's not a full-blown bust either. He is way more useful on a football field than McClellan.
    I know others picked up on the McClellan comment, but your comment about Perry's measurable and being a fit anywhere vs. the production the team has seen is interesting. Did the Packers have the wrong vision for this guy, and he may have worked out better in another defensive scheme, was his development slowed by all of his injury concerns, or do you think there's another reason he hasn't lived up to his first round projection?
    Last edited by Carolina_Packer; 05-07-2015 at 05:29 PM.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Bob McGinn's Scouts on Aaron Rodgers: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/203116571.html

NFC scout: "I think he has a good chance of being a bust. Just like every other Tedford-coached quarterback. Thing I struggle with him is he gets sacked a lot. He doesn't have great ability to change the release of the football. He's mechanically very rigid. Brett Favre can change his release point and find different windows. There will be more growing pains with Alex Smith but in the end he has a much better chance to be much better."
    Much more at the link. But the takeaway is that scouts, speaking publicly, are much more certain about physical attributes and have NO idea whether someone will be successful translating their game to the pros.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    I know others picked up on the McClellan comment, but your comment about Perry's measurable and being a fit anywhere vs. the production the team has seen is interesting. Did the Packers have the wrong vision for this guy, and he may have worked out better in another defensive scheme, was his development slowed by all of his injury concerns, or do you think there's another reason he hasn't lived up to his first round projection?
    A job as a 4-3 DE would allow him to showcase his strength of setting the edge more regularity and rarely ask him to drop into coverage masking one of his biggest deficiencies. My point was that a 4-3 isn't going to make him any better of a pass rusher though and that's really the only way he can "fit" in any scheme as more than a backup and certainly the only way he could be worth a 1st round draft pick. Shawne Merriman would have benefited from a 4-3 in the exact same ways as Perry but nobody cared about fit because you take elite pass rushers in any mold you can find them.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

67,000 tickets sold out for Favre retirement ceremony. I doubt most of those are paying to boo.

I had thought there would be decent presence of unhappy fans at the Bears game for the jersey ceremony. Think it will be a small minority now.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    67,000 tickets sold out for Favre retirement ceremony. I doubt most of those are paying to boo.

I had thought there would be decent presence of unhappy fans at the Bears game for the jersey ceremony. Think it will be a small minority now.
    you got that right. smart move by the organIzation.

So I know we like to joke on how inept the Packer training staff is...but this article indicates that they diagnosed Bush with a groin pull when he actually had a sports hernia. I know this isn't the first time we've seen a player misdiagnosed. How common is this?

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...303693961.html
    Go PACK

I wonder if this is as bad as it sounds or if groin pull and sports hernia are, somewhat inaccurately, describing the same thing and there were simply multiple choices for treatment. Because if they missed this for two years, they have to look at changing their Docs. If I were a player, I would ALWAYS get a second opinion on anything that doesn't respond as the team Doc advertises.

For two years, Bush thought he had a groin pull. He'd rest, return and the pain lingered. The confusion lingered. So this off-season he sought a second opinion in Sacramento, Calif., and an MRI exam revealed a sports hernia. Free agency began March 10, he had surgery March 17 and now ... he's waiting.

Bush realizes the Green Bay Packers likely have moved on.

I wonder if this is as bad as it sounds or if groin pull and sports hernia are, somewhat inaccurately, describing the same thing and there were simply multiple choices for treatment. Because if they missed this for two years, they have to look at changing their Docs. If I were a player, I would ALWAYS get a second opinion on anything that doesn't respond as the team Doc advertises.
    thats unreal, but not surprising with our training staffs track record

that might also explain why bush seemed to be playing much better the last two years then usual for him, he was hurt

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    I don't think this is that big of a screw up. Not like the Charles Johnson thing.

In the timespan of a football season the treatments are the same: ice, compression, rest, physical therapy for the thighs and abs, and anti-inflammatory drugs. The diagnosis really matters if its surgery time which I'm guessing it is.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

by itself its not a big deal, when you add it to all the other things, it looks like a bigger problem

didn't someone else on the team have something similar to this a few years back? or am i just thinking of hayward and his season ending hamstring issues?

Well, some will still boo:

JS Comments ‏@JSComments 2h2 hours ago
    I would have preferred for Favre to be awarded a quiet statue posthumously--after Rodgers.

They initially present the same, but a pull will recover, whereas the sports hernia pain will return once activity is resumed. It needs surgery to fully heal. The fact that the medical staff let this linger for 2 years is what shows their incompetence, rather than the initial misdiagnosis. Here's an article on the difference.
    http://www.sportshernia.com/groin-pain-sports-hernia/
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

wrong thread bonehead

JS Comments ‏@JSComments 4m4 minutes ago
    There was a time in the Packer's history when pride mattered. Apparently that is dead.

Guesses:
    1. First round pick (safety to CB and small)
    2. Second round pick (1 year college, former Ball player)
    3. Jeopardy Rodgers
    4. Pitch Perfect 2
    5. Ted's Press Conferences
    6. Favre

Blog Entries
    JS Comments ‏@JSComments 4m4 minutes ago
    There was a time in the Packer's history when pride mattered. Apparently that is dead.

Guesses:
    1. First round pick (safety to CB and small)
    2. Second round pick (1 year college, former Ball player)
    3. Jeopardy Rodgers
    4. Pitch Perfect 2
    5. Ted's Press Conferences
    6. Favre
    Pitch Perfect 2 hands down. That's just embarrassing. Apply for Mad Max or stay home boys.

Mr. Rodgers button down sweater is a distant second - but at least you can say that was done in jest. And he brought home $50,000 to the MACC Fund so that's very cool.

its embarrassing that our o-linemen even know what a pitch perfect is, much less take part in the sequel

Review from family: not as good as the first, actually a little less innuendo, safer for younger kids. Packers were funny and their singing performance was OK. Acting was atrocious, so they will have to stay with musicals or opera. Matthews was the best with lines. Bach was the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    They initially present the same, but a pull will recover, whereas the sports hernia pain will return once activity is resumed. It needs surgery to fully heal. The fact that the medical staff let this linger for 2 years is what shows their incompetence, rather than the initial misdiagnosis. Here's an article on the difference.
    http://www.sportshernia.com/groin-pain-sports-hernia/
    I also wonder if this is part of the "everyone plays hurt" and "can't make the club in the tub" culture of the NFL. I wouldn't doubt if Bush underplayed the severity of the injury so he could stay on the active roster. It's speculation, but I'd think it happens frequently.

Scott Kacsmar ‏@FO_ScottKacsmar 3h3 hours ago
    Julius Peppers led NFL in 2014 with 11 pass disruptions (balls batted at LOS + incompletions caused by hitting QB in motion)

Scott Kacsmar ‏@FO_ScottKacsmar 3h3 hours ago
    J.J. Watt was 2nd w/10, but interesting split

Peppers: 6 batted, 5 hit in motion
    Watt: 9 batted, 1 hit in motion

Peppers also named 71st best player in the League by nfl.com's countdown.

Packers News ‏@PGPackersNews 10m10 minutes ago
    His 4th team since #Packers cut him last October. MT @herbieteope: Chiefs sign former Packers TE Ryan Taylor: http://bit.ly/1FFcjJB